Forums

Help › Forums

WGT can put an End to Sandbagging!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 14 2011 3:52 PM (37 replies)
  • Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 11:29 AM

Sandbagging, unethical. Multiple accouts, illegal. But How does WGT put and end to such? (as if they wanted to, which they don't simply because they make Money) Yes-WGT I'm calling you into question on this one. So how to stop it? Easy-

Make all matchplay especially Challenge same tees and greens for all. It would work like this. If a Master initiates the Challenge-the match is played from Master tees and Master green speed. Same for Ready Go's---play the ready go's from the same tees for everyone-there's a reason why so many Ready Go's are dominated by Tour Pros and TM's--let's make it an equal playing field.  

Now I already know what some are saying, "the old handicap argument" "making it fair for players of lower ability" Well with the access to Top equipment being based on Level NOT Tier,that old dog just won't hunt.

So let's level the playing field--it sickens me to see the "daily spotlight" and the same ole people appear there on a weekly basis--a "MASTER" with a 57 avg?????? Give me a break------sandbagging and oh what was your Username with your "OLD" acct?

• Bristoluk
    412 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:04 PM

Lol Lisa you are probably right, but i expect that it will fall on deaf ears asuall, perhaps they thought that doing some Ready go ,s in some tier mode, ie master  tour master ect might have sorted it out a bit, at the end of the day i cant see the point in sandbagging, wt does it really prove and they are only cheating themselves really, might win them credits but so what its not like real cash lol, cant use them anywhere  else bar this site.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:13 PM

Lisa03:
    Make all matchplay especially Challenge same tees and greens for all. It would work like this. If a Master initiates the Challenge-the match is played from Master tees and Master green speed. Same for Ready Go's---play the ready go's from the same tees for everyone-there's a reason why so many Ready Go's are dominated by Tour Pros and TM's--let's make it an equal playing field.  

So, you've been getting hammered by TP's and Master too in MPC?  :)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:15 PM

Bristoluk:
    might win them credits but so what its not like real cash lol, cant use them anywhere  else bar this site.

But think of it this way...if they are not spending money for credits it's like making money.  Free balls, free upgrades, free entry fees.

• fairwaybaby
    109 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:40 PM

they only people losing money is you(me) you actually think WGT cares about you losing money. They making money, the more accounts you have the more money you spend, you actually think WGT cares about you actually losing money because someone else has multiple accounts, I hardly think so. Sucks for sure I agree with you but the Facts, are simply the facts. Better luck!!!

• fairwaybaby
    109 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:42 PM

Then again like the annoucement stating one of our top players wanted the fringe situation changed, so my question is are you one of those top players, if not I can pretty much guarantee that WGT won't change nothing, but it is a good idea to start all from same tee on match play.

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:49 PM

fairwaybaby:

Then again like the annoucement stating one of our top players wanted the fringe situation changed, so my question is are you one of those top players, if not I can pretty much guarantee that WGT won't change nothing, but it is a good idea to start all from same tee on match play.

It says one of the top player requests. That is synonymous to y'all whinged and we reluctantly listened, don't think they're actually referring to an individual.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 1:00 PM

Maybe another solution would be for WGT to use only a players high scores instead of our low scores, question though?...... would it produce reverse sandbagging? Based on high scores the hiding behind false high averages would disappear, wouldn't it?     Just thinking!!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 1:24 PM

We have been down that road before the changes last summer, it was even worse then

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 2:25 PM

iukine:

Maybe another solution would be for WGT to use only a players high scores instead of our low scores, question though?...... would it produce reverse sandbagging? Based on high scores the hiding behind false high averages would disappear, wouldn't it?     Just thinking!!

You have it backwards, sandbagging is intentionally RAISIING your average to gain an advantage. Basically, playing at a lower level (tour pro, master, etc), but your ability/skill level is that of a legend's. What you suggested would only promote sandbagging.

The OP's idea wouldn't work, because there's no way would a lower level play a legend from the legend tees.

The only solution is for WGT to search out multi accounts, if a players shooting low 60's in their first ever round, there you go. They're not that hard to find, many of these players are actually in the Community Spotlight every day!  I don't think WGT has the man power to investigate all these accounts.

RSS