Help › Forums

WGT can put an End to Sandbagging!

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jun 14 2011 3:52 PM (37 replies)
  • Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 2:26 PM

MBaggese:

So, you've been getting hammered by TP's and Master too in MPC?  :)

No have not been beaten by any TP or Master--for credits---Just pointing out the motivation for Sandbaggers and Multiple Acct. Players is to win credits by gaining an advantage on the tee box. Take away their motivation-and they will have to play fair or not at all.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 3:36 PM

lvietri:

I have no clue how to stop multiple accounts ... however I've mentioned a way to stop sandbagging ... i.e. ...  players who staying in one tier while having access to the best equipment (high levels).

This happens when a person --- let's say Joe Pro --- makes master and has a 65 average and never again plays a ranked scored round.   Joe will stay a Pro forever ... and can levels up gaining access to the same equipment higher tiers have ... while forever playing from the red tees.

Right now .... players who play stroke play are "rewarded" when their "psuedo-average" (it's not really an average) reach certain levels and you play a certain amount of games.  Yet by playing just match play  .. you can continue to advance levels, have access to the best equipment, and continue to play off the forward tees.   i.e.  Not a level playing field for other match play games, or when entering tier only tournaments if & when that person decides to participate in stroke play.

What WGT should do is ... use Match Play points as another way to "reward" good play.    Instead of resetting them each month ... keep a running total ... then folks can advance tiers either through stroke or match play --- whichever comes first based on the grid below.

An example would be.  (and this is just an example - I have no clue what the right numbers should be). 

1. Become an Amateur at 50 MP points or xx.xx avg after xxx Games
    2. Become a Pro at 200 MP points or xx.x avg after xxx games
    3. Become a Tour Pro at 500 MP points or xx.x avg after xxx games
    4. Become a Master at 800 MP points or xx.x avg after xxx games
    5. Become a Tour Master at 1,200 MP points or xx.x avg after xxx games
    6. Become a Legend at 1,600 MP points or xx.x avg after xxx games

If you've played enough games to achieve these point levels, you know the courses well enough and are ready to advance regardless of your average. 

Just a thought.

I really like your idea Lou. Hopefully WGT will take notice of it and at least consider it. 

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 3:42 PM

Stopping sandbagging is easy,Just adjust players average for winning match play games,All a player has to do is open an account level up to tour master or pro by that time he  or she will have 278 driver, then all they have to do is spend the rest of their wgt life in match play games for credits lets say 500 per game, That way their ave wont go up and they can rack up an enormous amount of credits after a few months,this a wgt loophole,that is being exploited.There is no way i will play anyone for credits any more in match play outside my friends and players i know,How many pros are out there with big drivers and latest clubs playing 500 credit per game at Kiawa or Andys,and they have no interest in playing stroke play whatsoever as long as the credits from match play keep streaming in and of course the average wont be touched,,Major loophole if you ask me,

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 3:48 PM

PRIESTESS:

Stopping sandbagging is easy,Just adjust players average for winning match play games,All a player has to do is open an account level up to tour master or pro by that time he  or she will have 278 driver, then all they have to do is spend the rest of their wgt life in match play games for credits lets say 500 per game, That way their ave wont go up and they can rack up an enormous amount of credits after a few months,this a wgt loophole,that is being exploited.There is no way i will play anyone for credits any more in match play outside my friends and players i know,How many pros are out there with big drivers and latest clubs playing 500 credit per game at Kiawa or Andys,and they have no interest in playing stroke play whatsoever as long as the credits from match play keep streaming in and of course the average wont be touched,,Major loophole if you ask me,

Totally Agree...

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:12 PM

I believe tiers should be attainable through average OR through winnings.  Either a set limit on the number of credits anyone can earn at a particular tier, including MPCs, or a set number of won credits per tier and you ascend regardless of average.  Either option would end sandbagging.  My person preference would be to have players able to ascend either through average or through prize money.  If you win 100c as a hack, you move to Amat regardless of average.  And MPC winnings MUST be included.

I don't particularly care for the idea of limits on winning per tier.  I think a better way to eliminate sandbagging is to set prize money targets for tiers as well as average.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:21 PM

So, an example... the old average/rounds methos still exists as well, but...

If you are a Hack, once you win 150c in any fashion, you ascend to Amateur.

Once you ascend to Amateur, you can win another 250c before ascending to Pro.

Once Pro, you can earn 500c before ascending to Tour Pro.

Tour Pro can win 1000c before ascending.

Master = 1500c

TM = 2500c

Legend = Unlimited

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:45 PM

JaLaBar:

So, an example... the old average/rounds methos still exists as well, but...

If you are a Hack, once you win 150c in any fashion, you ascend to Amateur.

Once you ascend to Amateur, you can win another 250c before ascending to Pro.

Once Pro, you can earn 500c before ascending to Tour Pro.

Tour Pro can win 1000c before ascending.

Master = 1500c

TM = 2500c

Legend = Unlimited

You're idea is sound, but the credit limits you're proposing are just way to low.  Also, as I mentioned in your other thread, you'd have to look at "net earnings", which as far as I know WGT does not track.

I/e say a hack lost 5 MPC's in a row, then won one 150 Credit MPC...surely you do not feel he/she should be moved up?

• BustaSpliff
    417 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:49 PM

Ive  just  played a Hack whos  been here since may 23rd.  there score is 68.00  is this  possible as a newbie?  or  a  Blatant cheat.

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sat, Jun 11 2011 12:58 PM

great post LISA and totally agree with priestess.............

• TaterNater
    545 Posts
    Sun, Jun 12 2011 4:32 PM

THE END no replies from any1 important hha figures pfft

RSS