Forums

Help › Forums

I need to join a c c

Sun, Aug 28 2011 3:24 AM (54 replies)
  • AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:18 AM

BeechFL posted this a few days before his rant about the country club.

I am a new member of a country club and there seems to be a wide gap in the playing ability of the membership.  Many of the members have been talking about coming up with some type of handicap to give everyone a chance at winning club tourneys.  Being one of the better players and winning a tournament after only being in the country club a week or so, I think it's a great idea and I would like to know how other country clubs handle this situation.

I don't know if we should just have tournaments for different tiers or averages or what we should do.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Seems as though he is looking for ideas about a handicap system. Yet he then puts down the country club for doing the same.

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:18 AM

what's even worse is that you, someone totally not involved in this , continues to make posts.  

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:22 AM

Nothing much else to do. + open forum + waiting for new RG`s to play in

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:22 AM

AlaCowboy:

BeechFL posted this a few days before his rant about the country club.

I am a new member of a country club and there seems to be a wide gap in the playing ability of the membership.  Many of the members have been talking about coming up with some type of handicap to give everyone a chance at winning club tourneys.  Being one of the better players and winning a tournament after only being in the country club a week or so, I think it's a great idea and I would like to know how other country clubs handle this situation.

I don't know if we should just have tournaments for different tiers or averages or what we should do.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Seems as though he is looking for ideas about a handicap system. Yet he then puts down the country club for doing the same.

Yes, read what I posted again, I was looking at a way to level the playing field, not give someone a 21 shot advantage, there is a big difference. I was just looking for ideas from other country clubs that are different than the handicapping system that other members were working on. 

All this does is prove that I am none of the things that other's have accuse me of being.  I too was looking for a way to make games more competitive , but I was looking for another system OTHER than handicapping. 

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:48 AM

Have you ever heard a saying called if you don`t like that tournament then don`t play in that tournament  (makes sense to me)

The owner said he is trying to create a wide range of tournaments to cater for all members (which is a good thing) if you don`t like that tournament then wait for the next one.

You say you play real golf are you a member of a club then you should no most days of the week the club creates a number of tournaments not just to suit a few low handicappers/stroke play but a wide range of tournaments to cater for the wider percentage , 4 ball , stable ford , these tournaments is to create a wider % of players to join & also play in the tournament.

I play of handicap of 2 if there is tournament on during the week i have no interest in playing in then i don`t play in it that simple.

What are you trying to prove going on & on & on about , move on join a different club who cares who said what you are an audit correct act like it. 

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 10:57 AM

Look buddy, I don't have to like whatever I do not like.  I live in America and I have the freedom to do so.  If you have been paying attention, I didn't know this was going to be a ONE TIME Tournament.  From how everyone was talking in that Club's forum, they were looking to come up with a handicap system and I WRONGLY ASSUMED it was going to be for every tournament.  Now after the fact, I have realized that wasn't going to be the case,  So I assumed wrong, I ADMIT that I am wrong about that.  SO yes, had I continued to be a member and they conducted handicapped tournaments that I didn't agree with, I would have simply not played.  I gave the 1 tournament they used this system on and what happened?  A player with over a 72 average shoots a 64 then immediately turns around and shoots a 9 hole round of 38 and an 18 hole round of 70.  SANDBAGGER!!

I could care less about this Country club, but I will not let someone verbally abuse me in these posts and accuse me of badmouthing something when all I did was simply request to join another cc in a post stating that I didn't like the direction my current club was heading in.  

• Squez
    469 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:12 AM

I agree the name calling should stop, but YOU just called someone a SANDBAGGER for simply shooting there best round. Can't have it both ways Beech. If you have such a problem with the name calling, why do it yourself ?

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:25 AM

Definition of a sandbagger - a golfer who artificially inflates his handicap index in order to better his chances of winning tournaments or bets.

If that example above isn't a case of a player sandbagging then I do not know what one is.And  again, I am not attacking anyone specifically.  just giving an example of why I do not like handicapping systems, it is too easy on here for people to sandbag.

• Squez
    469 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 11:40 AM

That tournament was for a wedge worth 200 credits in which the player your talking about won and declined the prize. How is that sandbagging ? Also if you remember there was alot of talk of you being a sandbagger which resulted in a player quitting the club. You shot a 59, nothing close to your average. You wouldn't like it if people started calling you a sandbagger on these forums. Thats my point. And yes calling a player a sandbagger without proper evidence is to me name calling.

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Mon, Jun 6 2011 12:02 PM

What more evidence do you need?  They shoot 64 then turn around and shoot a 38, which when being figured for you average is doubled to a 76.  That 38 wasn't 2 or 3 rounds after he shot the 64, it was the very next round.  

And yes I did shoot a 59, in an UNLIMITED tournament,  this player shot this round in a Single Play tournament.   The tourney I shot 59, majorly attributed to a RARE DOUBLE EAGLE,  I posted more than 11 scores all of them UNDER PAR.  Not to mention the 30 or so times I started and ended a round because it wasn't going good for me. Ending a bad round and only finishing rounds below par is exactly opposite of what a sandbagger does!  So if people want to call me a sandbagger, I would just simply laugh, because they obviously do not know the meaning.  

And as far as that player declining the prize,  maybe a guilty conscience?  I don't know.  If I had won that tournament and felt like I deserved it, I would have accepted it.  

RSS