Sun, Aug 28 2011 3:24 AM (54 replies)
  • rockinroll
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2011 2:17 PM

my name is rockinroll and I would like to join some country clubs

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2011 7:06 PM

I too would like to become a member of another country club.  The club that I am currently a member of is trying to come up with some sort of handicap system to enable the players that shoot 85 to have a chance at beating players that shoot 62.  That's the problem with this world, everybody feels like they are entitled to win without putting forth any effort.  I play real golf and I know giving strokes is all part of the game, I carry a 7 handicap and I usually have to give strokes to my buddies but that is real golf.  We play from the same tees and I can hit it further than them so I don't mind it.  But I will not give 21 strokes on a computer game to someone that is a level 80 tour pro with a driver that outperforms my driver by over 20 yds as well as the other clubs in their bag.  I mean is it really fair to make Kiawah a par 64 for me and a par 85 to someone else with better equipment?

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Fri, Jun 3 2011 8:31 PM

rockinroll:
    my name is rockinroll and I would like to join some country clubs

You already are a member of a CC.

Only allowed 1 at a time

• itsdad
    91 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 10:38 AM

your welcom to jone mine. the name is (its dads buds) come smoke a fat-one and hit a ball.

• Hoolahoof
    163 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 1:53 PM

BeechFL:

I too would like to become a member of another country club.  The club that I am currently a member of is trying to come up with some sort of handicap system to enable the players that shoot 85 to have a chance at beating players that shoot 62.  That's the problem with this world, everybody feels like they are entitled to win without putting forth any effort.  I play real golf and I know giving strokes is all part of the game, I carry a 7 handicap and I usually have to give strokes to my buddies but that is real golf.  We play from the same tees and I can hit it further than them so I don't mind it.  But I will not give 21 strokes on a computer game to someone that is a level 80 tour pro with a driver that outperforms my driver by over 20 yds as well as the other clubs in their bag.  I mean is it really fair to make Kiawah a par 64 for me and a par 85 to someone else with better equipment?

We had one tourney with a handicap. It was free to enter, had a prize, and was for fun. The top ten players finished separated by 5 strokes. Raider shot one stroke away from his best score and finished first. Bzz59 shot 2 off his best and finished second. As far as the low average players that "have no chance to win".... If you , fravel, or me shot even 2 strokes off our best, any of us would be in the lead! So on this very first try at a handicap tourney, lowbies and veterans all had a chance to win, the leaders were the ones who shot their best scores for THEIR level and average, and everyone had a chance to win it....it doesn't get much better than that for a first run!

The entire CC had fun with it but you, and it's the very first handicap tourney that has taken place here! And it was FREE! No reason to bad mouth the CC over one tourney, especially since you just won 1000 credits in the last CC tourney that cost you zero to enter as well! Don't be so freaking greedy..because THAT is the problem with this world.

PS..Sorry to hijack your thread, but Beach was making our club sound really bad. This club is a blast, has a wide range of stuff going on, and we are not "trying to come up with some sort of handicap system to enable the players that shoot 85 to have a chance at beating players that shoot 62"....

• JayInAtlanta
    1,770 Posts
    Sat, Jun 4 2011 3:28 PM

BeechFL:

BeechFL - I am really saddened by the fact that you've gone on the main forum and badmouthed my club.  As you know, because I've repeated it numerous times, only certain tourneys in our club will be handicapped or leveled!  We will always have options for players of all levels.  That's one of the founding principles of the Country Club of Atlanta.

Facts are, you won the first tournament you participated in with an outstanding score of 59, beating a few 60s.  But there is also a different type of tourney in our club -- by no means the only type! -- which involves handicapping, and you finished, what, 3rd in that one?  You didn't have to join it.

I'm sorry you chose to let this color your experience.  However, there will now be another slot available in The Country Club of Atlanta for someone who wants to try a wide variety of virtual golf.

Best to you in the future,

Jay

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 4:11 AM

Read My post again Jay and Hoola, where exactly am I BADMOUTHING your club?

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 4:17 AM

Did not take long for this topic to go of topic.

Can I join a few CC`s lol

• BeechFL
    67 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 4:18 AM

Well sun, look at my original post, I am just defending what I initially said.  jay and hoola obviously do not have very good reading skills.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Sun, Jun 5 2011 4:33 AM

JayInAtlanta:
      But there is also a different type of tourney in our club -- by no means the only type! -- which involves handicapping

Think it is good thinking by this CC owner to change things up offers different tournaments that any member can win not just lowest score. Every one likes options and a mix , not just same old same old haft to shot 20 or 50 something to win.

Other CC`s have open & tier tournaments RG`s the same.

RSS