Forums

Help › Forums

The Golf Club 2

Sat, Jul 1 2017 12:14 PM (71 replies)
  • treebeard
    227 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 1:55 AM

I've had the collectors edition since 2015. I play it via the steam site on a good desktop. 2TB SSD GTX960  16GB RAM    

I also use an X-box pc controller. What makes the game for me are the amount of available courses and, the ability to make your own in game, without the need to install separate software.

I have played wgt since 2010 and will always love it. For it's reality and nuances.

TGC2 will have to be super stunning to make me upgrade.    :)

• LMD01
    92 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 2:26 AM

Watched it on YouTube seems like the only thing that's missing is

"ea sports its in the game"!!  An that's not a good thing imo

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 3:41 AM

I read jasons post saying we wont get it till the 30th but my client says I can download it in 6 hours time?

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 3:55 AM

The US release date is June 27, 12pm EST.  Europe is the 30th.  And the comment about EA sports............... 

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 9,10, and 11 were easily the best 3 golf games ever made.  Imo there hasn't been a good replacement since.  My fingers are crossed.

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 4:35 AM

Interesting read.

Having seen The Golf Club 1 streamed, and after visiting the site, the over-all impression I get, is that it seems more like an arcade type game to me.

Don't get me wrong, I am not knocking the game, before seeing it, but the overall appearance and game style is not IMO, in the same league as WGT. 

It will be interesting to see the outcome of the players that try it. Good luck to any that do. I hope it lives up to your expectations. 

For me. Although I'm a rubbish player, I'll stick to where I am, for now.

Fairways and Greens

• abbielb
    1,800 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 4:51 AM

seen the videos of it.......in my opinion.....wgt has nothing to worry about.....ill stay here ....

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 5:07 AM

Well time to test our golfing skills, no meter all club head movement.

• LMD01
    92 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 5:24 AM

So does that mean it can be played with the wii controller, sorry couldn't resist the smart assss in me just had to do it

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 5:26 AM

Woodoworkery:

I've already got lamination paper ready.  Label, cut, and then tape it to your computer screen (might have to make a double layered one>side by side for different shot types/backswing distance).  Too easy to make your own % based power bar.

Once you get it figured out make a more permanent form like a paint/overlay or something.  the hardest thing will be getting the tempo right.  The rest should be gravy.

• Royboy1946
    1,847 Posts
    Tue, Jun 27 2017 5:45 AM

11BC2:

Woodoworkery:

I've already got lamination paper ready.  Label, cut, and then tape it to your computer screen (might have to make a double layered one>side by side for different shot types/backswing distance).  Too easy to make your own % based power bar.

Once you get it figured out make a more permanent form like a paint/overlay or something.  the hardest thing will be getting the tempo right.  The rest should be gravy.

how do ya do that?

(older person, and not so high tech)

RSS