Forums

Help › Forums

WGT has butchered these greens

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jul 21 2017 8:44 AM (49 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 11:35 AM

TeeThrasher, I've taken the liberty of doing a little constructive editing for those not inclined to sort through your entire rant.

Blah blah blah, "green speeds" ( which i call GSM ) . Blah blah blah "club distance reliability"(which i call CDR ). Blah blah blah, "manipulation" ( Commonly referred to as VEM ). Now, if you throw in the BTI ( Betaman ball Theft Index ), you've pretty much got the whole WGTNAC golf forecast enchilada.

Happy golfin'

Doc :)

• gonfission
    2,234 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 2:06 PM

I dare ANYONE, to out do these two fabulous retorts. ANYONE!

PaulTon:

I ran it through a binary to text translator -

ÈA� ü‚ª ¿È}UD¥UÜ©%Oê¿^P

¤¤¤„—¤¯´«ÿ¢ºKI$¦’¥;¥ÿù(„©?²¼¨�Z‘

Thanks for clearing up that mystery...

drmoose:
    Blah blah blah,

drmoose:
    Blah blah blah

drmoose:
    Blah blah blah

drmoose:
    enchilada.

Outstanding gents, absolutely outstanding humor...

The color "Rodney" water mark, is impressive

Who says humor is pernicious in here?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 2:32 PM

GF, 

Glad to hear it, unfortunately, we lost the primary source of all things humorous pertaining to WGT, though, there are a few of us who try to carry on as best we can. I keep hoping for the new Messiah to appear, as our old one is very sorely missed. In the interim, as one of his lesser disciples, I feel proud to try to carry on the tradition to the best of my limited abilities.

Doc :)

• pmm711
    5,536 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 3:32 PM

Robert1893:
    And given your putting stats, I don't know that I'd be bring that aspect of your game to the forefront. You're no better than me. And, at best, I'm an average putter.

Robert,

I've gone over to playing on my iPhone 6+ because I'm on "XP Boost Mode" until I reach Level 103 for better clubs, plus I get more XPs for playing the same CC tournaments vs. playing on my laptop.  And yes...that's a true statement about mobile and that platform giving more XPs per round.

Let me tell you that my putting %s have suffered dearly since I started playing on the mobile platform.  Sheesh!!!!!  Not to say that my putting was ever at Mags' or Young46's level...I'm a 2-putt master at best. I tip my hat to anyone who is a great mobile putter.  I just can't get accustomed to tapping the screen vs. clicking a mouse. 

And guess what?  I don't care about my stats.  I just enjoy hitting balls on here and breaking par...unlike in my RL "game"...uh, it's hard to even call what I do on a real course "game"...I just hack around and enjoy a really great cigar, drink non-stop, and talk with my son or my buds while taking in the beauty and peacefulness of a CC setting.

I think you're a mobile player.  How the F do you do it?

Out,

Paul

• lonniescott711
    4,184 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 4:10 PM

TeeTHRASHER:

NO youre wrong ... I dont have to do anything to please your grammar police eyes,I'll keep it just the same like I always do LOL and the point isnt just about practice on putts,we get that much,the point is WGT has people who go through all these courses making changes constantly and they dont even pay attention to what theyre doing on the slopes,when a putt above the pin reads downhill as a light red or yellow putt and rolls 3-4-5 times faster how is it that the next putt going the otherway is a light red again,thats because they just make stuff up as they go and they turned the reads into sloppiness,I know how to putt guy I made it to Champion tier in 15 months,quicker than most on this site ... this game used to read much more true on the greens until WGT decided they needed to find more ways to get people to keep buying more gear,they dont want shots to go in as much because that takes away from their wallet,It gets worse and worse every year,Ive bought my last club here long ago so I dont need to worry about spending a dime here but it is still sloppy on the tinkering,speaking of tinkering what higher level does it take to get up at where WGT stops messing with the power levels on the clubs manipulating the distance on power ? I can count 20-25+ times in the past 2 years where clubs hit short and it usually lasts for a few rounds or a full day then it " suddenly " hits normal again,people spend good money on here where clubs should hit the correct power distances without WGT feeling the need to randomly decrease clubs capabilities to hit true,and anyone who thinks this doesnt happen just hasnt noticed it,I know for a fact when my clubs dont hit pure distances on the power levels,Im not the only one either LMFAO Its BS,a person who spends $30-$40 bucks on a solid club should have that club perform consistent all the time not randomly tweeked on occasion

See kids this is your brain on drugs . When you smoke bunk you hallucinate and your mind will constantly be in brain fart mode . Reasoning will be beyond your comprehension and understanding completely out of reach . No the world is not out to get you its just you chasing your self .

Round and round you will go faster and faster never stopping . Until finally you run so fast that you chase your self right up your own a$$ never to be seen or heard from again .

• msejnoha
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 4:12 PM

pmm711:

I think you're a mobile player.  How the F do you do it?

Out,

Paul

It's a real b**ch.  I miss at least 3-4 putts every round by 6 inches or less. No kidding. It's ridiculous. 

• Robert1893
    7,680 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 5:59 PM

@pmm711

I feel your pain. I am a mobile player and play all of my rounds on an iPad. There are times that I'm still just guessing at how much break to allow for a putt. And there are still holes I find that have "hidden" breaks to them (ones that don't show on the grid).

The bottom line is that either a person has to have a really good memory or take notes on holes. Because my memory is so-so, and I refuse to take notes that means I have both good days and bad days.

There are a couple of courses that I still haven't figured out the greens. Pinehurst comes immediately to mind. Those greens still baffle me, even on short putts.

One of things that I do with shorter putts (< 4 feet) is that I hit them a bit hard, taking the break out of the putt. The problem is that if I miscalculate, I could easily end up with a longer putt coming back.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Jun 24 2017 9:32 PM

Thanks to Paul Ton, Alan, Paul, Joe, Robert and Doc (as well as some I'm sure I left out inadvertently), for some really great posts in this thread.  Yes we lost someone special when Dennis left us way too soon, as you reminded us with the WGTMoses post Doc.  I feel at times all of you (and me once in a great while) get a bit of inspiration from him somehow, and are allowed to pass it along.

You guys do enlighten things greatly and I know other appreciate it as I do.  Please keep it up.

Thanks,

Jeff

• gonfission
    2,234 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 3:34 AM

I concur Jeff

If all the contributors in this thread, on the humorous side of the equation, met an early demise of any sort, this entire place would be as boring as a toe nail clipping contest 

Just absolute, off the cuff humor, from all

Love it, very well done indeed

Let's not forget the OP, as well. Kudo's, for kicking grammar in the nut sack

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 5:16 AM

Just for a bit of fun Lonnie as you are such a stickler for the written word , you only need one "is".

RSS