Forums

Help › Forums

5 years. years and still nothing.... WTG FAIL

Fri, Apr 22 2011 9:44 AM (10 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MavZee
    34 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 9:50 AM

5 Years. 5 years give or take this game has been up and running. update after update. Yet over this time WGT still lets the chuncked chip and pitch BS happen. Nothing makes you want to punch your monitor more then being on a fantastic round, then having the classic fat hit pitch and chip cost you 3 strokes from 10 yrds from the cup.... I am tired of hitting these shots with a perfect contact yet it goes 2 feet like I mishit it.

You ask us to spend our money to be able to reach fairways from tee decks as we lvl. Wait... YOU FORCE us to have to buy clubs to reach fairways from Tee decks as we lvl. So we do.

We give our money as we all wish to play to the best of our ability. With that we only ask you to give us a game to allow us to do so. Yet year after year update after update this is ignored.

Do I expect this to get the WGT community anywhere? To improve day to day play of a game we all love to play? No. But this little vent has made me feel better...... Of course till the next chunked pitch and chip.

I am not here to complain or make a fuss. I am making this post as I am sure there is a HUGE part of the WGT community that feels the same way I do. Longing for only one answer? Why? Why does this happen and why has it not been addressed? I have been a member since 09. This has always been a issue since day one.

Why?

I don't expect a answer. I expect a forum mod to come in and say " if you have a issue please email WGT "

Been there. Done that. 10 times over. No reply.

Thank you for showing me my funds are going to there proper channels...  Like updates, staff to run those updates. As well as staff to answer questions from the WGT community here in the " HELP " forum.

Cheers.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 10:01 AM

MavZee:

5 Years. 5 years give or take this game has been up and running. update after update. Yet over this time WGT still lets the chuncked chip and pitch BS happen. Nothing makes you want to punch your monitor more then being on a fantastic round, then having the classic fat hit pitch and chip cost you 3 strokes from 10 yrds from the cup.... I am tired of hitting these shots with a perfect contact yet it goes 2 feet like I mishit it.

Sorry but you're doing it wrong.  This virtually never happens to the upper-echelon players I normally play with because we know the risk/reward of each particular option, and usually choose the correct one.  If a chip shot from 40/50 rough 5 yards off the green didn't work once, why would you expect it to work the next time?  Trial and error, learn from these poor shots.

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 4:19 PM

Even amoeba react to their surroundings....

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 4:22 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    If a chip shot from 40/50 rough 5 yards off the green didn't work once, why would you expect it to work the next time?  Trial and error, learn from these poor shots.
    As BIB says.. when you stop playing this game like real golf, and start playing this game like a golf game, you will find that the game plays a lot better.

Just my 2¢

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 6:36 PM

FWIW. I very rarely pitch, preferring to use the scaled down full shot from the 50 yd wedge.

Having a good read of the pitching/CHIPPING tips is advised. I don't often CHIP In like some manage to do frequently, but I usually get it to within a tap in of the hole with the 6yd or 11yd chipped wedge - played with full BS.

• jcs89
    172 Posts
    Thu, Apr 21 2011 6:56 PM

Snaike...you are exactly right.........but wouldn't it be nice to be able to play it, as closely as possible, to real golf?  A few fixes could make this realistic.  Why would a ball, game or no game, stick to and stop immediately in the first cut of rough? And why can you putt from the fringe on most holes but not on a few?  Addressing these issues would make a noticeable and positive impact on the game.  After all, it is touted as a simulation.

• TeeZee78
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 7:22 AM

Play it less like real golf and more like a vid golf.....

I guess your right. My expectations should be lowered I guess. Sorry to think that WGT might be going after more of a simulator then a arcade.

Arcade it is.

Thanks for all your info gents, GL in your future games

• MavZee
    34 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 7:27 AM

I posted a reply.. Sadly I realized my friend left his wgt account open on my PC last night so I replied under his name, as he has never posted in the forums before it has to be approved LOL LOL :D

Thanks for the info gents. Like I say in my post under my friends name.

I thought WGT just might be going after a simulator more then a arcade game...

Silly me, Arcade it is..

" play it less like real golf, and more like video golf "

GL in future rounds gents. thanks again

I understand the trial and error comments. understood. But nowhere would you hit that same shot 5 times and have it move 2 inches. it is a error in the game period. If you sat infront of a chip 2 yrds off the green even in wgt and proceeded to chip the ball 5 times and it not move a inch..... Come on gents we all have a little more brain power then this.

Look at it.... When your divot flies out and lands on the green but the ball mysteriously is nowhere to be found lol.. Fail. I can take a divot. But the ball never moves LOL.. Riiiight

Once this happends to me I do normally try to play it different and hope for a different result. The fact if if WGT is trying to make a golf game it should play like golf, not like a arcade 25 cent game.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 7:42 AM

BolloxInBruges:

Trial and error

practise makes perfect

tbe

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Fri, Apr 22 2011 8:14 AM

JuanMendoza:

Even amoeba react to their surroundings....

LMAO ... that has to be  one of the funniest responses that I've seen in these forums.

• PAGES
RSS