Forums

Help › Forums

Was once a FireFox user - not now

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 24 2017 11:14 PM (24 replies)
  • PapaJeffR51
    7 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 6:34 AM

I have been using firefox  since  i started  in june of 2016 and have had   0  problems

2,111 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 11:13 AM

Windows Defender while it does protect fairly well, it is not a virus protection and for that you need something like McAfee! I've used it for a long time and am virus free!!!

As for WGT and browsers, it all depends on your system, ISP and how you have your system set up. Nothing is perfect, but if all else fails try using Internet Explorer!

Phil

• Fencer100
    2,063 Posts
    Fri, Jan 20 2017 2:07 PM

I used to use Firefox and Comodo Dragon and had virtually no problems with either of them.

Then when I upgraded to Windows 10, I had all sorts of problems and set myself on Maxthon 4.4.5.1000 and Flash 16.0.0.235. Yes, I know they are old versions of Maxthon and Flash, but I have been running this for 9 months now and have had no problems at all. 

Best advice is to find a browser set-up that is right for your computer and stick with it. Also to do basic maintenance with CCleaner or something and clear caches. 

Just my thoughts 

• 0000rb3
    269 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 8:56 PM

I am in Windows 10, and I am running Edge browser. Have nothing blocked. Turned off all ad blockers (ad block plus and ad fender), allow max storage, allow all cookies.

I have times when my meter is jittery as all get out. I think this is more due to the "game machine" than a browser. For example, if I am one putting, whether a birdie or a par save, everything. Then I two putt a hole. My meter on the next couple holes is ragged at best. If I hit these holes well then my meter smooths and I move on. If I hit them poorly then my meter still smooths out, but it seems as though I am locked into a 2 putt rest of the round.

With some balls, Callaway especially, it seems as though when the hits meter turns red the meter gets jittery.

I do agree with Fencer fully. Find a browser and stick with it. It is hard to recommend a good browser without knowing what your PC setup is.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2017 11:14 PM

Fencer100:

I used to use Firefox and Comodo Dragon and had virtually no problems with either of them.

Then when I upgraded to Windows 10, I had all sorts of problems and set myself on Maxthon 4.4.5.1000 and Flash 16.0.0.235. Yes, I know they are old versions of Maxthon and Flash, but I have been running this for 9 months now and have had no problems at all. 

Best advice is to find a browser set-up that is right for your computer and stick with it. Also to do basic maintenance with CCleaner or something and clear caches. 

Just my th

What a lot of people don't realize about Comodo Dragon and almost all chrome based browsers is that  somewhere around version 40 or so that Comodo and almost all other companies went to PPAPI (pepper flash) only. And pepper flash has never performed as well as NPAPI  flash. That is the main reason I got rid of version 45 of Comodo Dragon and went to a very old but very stable version. Version 29.0 then version 29.1 If you want a good solid Mozilla based browser you could try Comodo Ice Dragon. 

RSS