Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:42 AM

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 8:01 AM

mkrizan86:

Hopefully they won't count towards one's avg. Or we'll have people with a 36 avg soon enough ;-)

They don't.  I just played our course well under my average and it didn't drop.  At least they got that right. 

There does appear to be a replay saving/sharing error with the custom courses though.  It could be all courses for all I know, I haven't tried saving any other replays today.

I just made an ace on my last round and was unable to save or share it.  Bummer.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 8:58 AM

MainzMan:

There does appear to be a replay saving/sharing error with the custom courses though.  It could be all courses for all I know, I haven't tried saving any other replays today.

I just made an ace on my last round and was unable to save or share it.  Bummer.

I've noticed the "share" function to be broken for a while now, it always sends the last saved replay. The way around it is just to copy the URL and save it in a word document (or similar). Then you simply link it to wherever you need.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 9:25 AM

mkrizan86:

The way around it is just to copy the URL and save it in a word document (or similar).

Doh!

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 9:49 AM

MainzMan:

mkrizan86:

The way around it is just to copy the URL and save it in a word document (or similar).

Doh!

;-)

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 10:38 AM

"To publish a tournament using a custom course you'll need to have the NEW Course Builder currency, that you can win in CC Events or purchase in the WGT Pro Shop."

-----

"CC Events" = Clashes, right?

Well, if they only go to the first 10 on the leaderboard, like the special tees, then I guess not many Country Clubs will benefit, as usual.

Sigh. . . .

AKD

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 10:57 AM

AlaskanDame:

"To publish a tournament using a custom course you'll need to have the NEW Course Builder currency, that you can win in CC Events or purchase in the WGT Pro Shop."

-----

"CC Events" = Clashes, right?

Well, if they only go to the first 10 on the leaderboard, like the special tees, then I guess not many Country Clubs will benefit, as usual.

Sigh. . . .

AKD

just another WGT CASH COW

it wont help your aves

just uses your balls up so you have to buy more

stay well clear of custom course builder

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 11:05 AM

adaputter:
    just another WGT CASH COW

Yep, sums it up.

Again, conceptually a great idea, but the implementation is poor and tainted by greed,

I personally will not use the Custom Course, nor will I play in any CC Tourney with them.

• Antwilliam
    669 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 12:05 PM

WOW....

Icon sounded so enthusiastic when he announced something special was going to happen.....I thought the second coming was on the cards.....

But no.....just another gimmick from WGT's idea's committee....

Just a couple of thought's from me.....does the CC owner draw lots to see which sucker has to fork out 400Cr's to pay for the tourny?...........and has a reward WGT allow the buyer the right to wear a plastic gnome on his head for 10 rounds....just to prove a point..

The only positive I can think of, is not a bad idea to offer this as CC Clash incentives...

Tony

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 12:30 PM

Antwilliam:

The only positive I can think of, is not a bad idea to offer this as CC Clash incentives...

Tony

Only if they take the place of the useless "passes" that were awarded to lower level Clashers.  But, if wgt is charging 400 cr. per tourney, then I doubt that will be the case . . . . 

RSS