Forums

Help › Forums

*** CC Custom Course Information ***

Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 12:58 PM

I suppose nothing is free nowadays.

Well done Wgt.  I think it's a great idea.  

Just wish that Cabo and Whistler could be released so we can use those golf holes too.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 1:08 PM

I put one together for my CC and spent the credits to host it up. 

One thing I've noticed here in WGT land, many of the most vexing holes are numbered either 4 or 15. So that's what I used. Some have weird approaches - BPB/RSG. Some have goofy greens - PB. Some just flat out lie about the approach yardage - Kia/StA. One is flipping impossible - PH.

I think most will be hard pressed to go bogey free on it. I had two Bs the first time through. 

I didn't include Oak, as that's probably going to go bye-bye. Mistake by WGT to include it, as noted earlier?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 1:12 PM

mantis0014:
    I suppose nothing is free nowadays.

Roger I agree, however players are already paying via ball usage (well probably the majority of players in a CC). S it is nearly double dipping.

I would rather look at it as the company looking for continuous improvement and reinventing itself to keep players interest in the game. If the players get bored their revenue stream drops, so I find it short sighted as usual. WGT only seem to look at the short term gain.

As for the TruGolf courses, I very much doubt they will ever be available now. The contractual agreement seems to have deteriorated to the point of no return after the acquisition of WGT by Top Golf....perhaps direct competitors do not see eye to eye lol.

The reality is this partnership (WGT/TrueGolf) never flourished.....remember the broken promises of more courses.......

• MTBR
    182 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 1:33 PM

then change it. make it unavailable to club members so they can't waste your club's credits. Custom courses are to be for admins only to create apparently unless specific permission is granted to a member.

• SammyTee
    1,124 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 1:49 PM

I just made an Ace on #10 at congressional and was able to save the replay and also post it on our CC Forum. I also saved a replay of a near ace on a par 4 (resulting in an eagle) and put it on the forum as well....No Problems.

I also played on the new format and ....yes it did affect my average!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 1:49 PM

MTBR:
    then change it. make it unavailable to club members so they can't waste your club's credits.

What club credits? Am I missing something here?

As per Icon's post:

To publish a tournament using a custom course you'll need to have the NEW Course Builder currency, that you can win in CC Events or purchase in the WGT Pro Shop.

The BANK - still says coming soon - so perhaps Icon could distinguish what this "currency" actually is and the uses of it?

So this is a new "currency" which incidentally is purchased from the pro shop using WGT credits, or alternatively do WGT think this is an incentive to play the ridiculous clashes?

The WGT ideas team must truly be a bunch of retarded idiots with a combined IQ of a pre-schooler.

Personally I would rather see the 400cr go to a member of the CC via a sleeve of balls rather than fill the greedy WGT coffers.

This games development has slowly deteriorated where it has become more cartoonish with a focus on gimmicks. 

TWO went down the tubes by operating with that philosophy.....looks like WGT is trying to emulate that.

• islandlar
    709 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 3:12 PM

EasyEdward:
    Maybe WGT needs one more update this year?

Has anyone else noticed that the list of open tournaments accessed via the CC Home Page not only lists all tournaments as a "Custom Tournament", even those set up prior to this new feature, but also appears to have wiped out all the data regarding the current leader, leading score and current purse?  For the life of me I can't understand why WGT consistently runs out new features to the game without fully testing to see what other features got messed up in the process.  

I have to also agree with the majority of other club owner comments regarding the 400 credit fee to use a Custom Course in a CC tournament.  I for one have donated enough to the coffers of WGT when I have a dinged shot on a nearly new ball go into water or OB in a less than 10 mph side wind.  Trust me, my aim is never that bad.  

• TuckerPrestonJr
    1,380 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 3:49 PM

Jmugsy1:

Sounds great and all but REALLY WGT

400 credits everytime I want to publish a tournament

It's not like I'm already spending a fortune here

Too steep for me

I was excited at first -- what a great addition -- I'd pay 400 to create a course but then to realize its 400 credits every time you publish a tournament.

That's insanity.

This is a missed opportunity.  It could have been a deeply appreciated addition, instead it demonstrates an incredible over-reach by WGT.

2,111 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 3:52 PM

How about drop the anti to 37C like a with CC pass and you might just get a good response, but 400C and not replay!!! R E A L L Y ! ! !  That's just ... greedy!!! Come on fellows... wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Phil

• samuel2229
    80 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 4:11 PM

WOW! That was my reaction as I started reading about this, how Country Clubs can now create their own custom courses for CC tournaments. Something new, something exciting and something that could be fun.

Then reality sunk in and OMG! I should have figured there was a catch...yeap, 400 credits for one course Builder...

Way to fill our Christmas stocking with cheer and then magically turn it to a lump of coal.

Thank you WGT

Sam

RSS