Forums

Help › Forums

*** CC Custom Course Information ***

Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:31 AM

PTrenter:

It's ok, we should be able to pay the 400c a shot out of the CC Bank.

+1

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:32 AM

EasyEdward:

Maybe WGT needs one more update this year?

I think this time they need a downdate.

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:33 AM

WGT probably should be congratulated this time..

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:38 AM

MainzMan:

I assume averages won't be effected by these courses, at least I hope not.

Lol - I was assuming the opposite, this would appeal to a lot of people, who would be happy willing to pay for helping reduce their average.

It seems for many players that is their primary goal and all they do is play simple, easy conditions CC tournies to help their average & therby tier up

• SamanthaWho
    3,403 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:45 AM

alosso:

WGTicon:
    We've given each country club a free Course Builder (in your inventory now!) so you can create a custom course and start a tournament for your club.

CC owners beware!

The permissions are given to all member types in the Owner's Tools - anybody might use this one free Course Builder!

By the time i woke up this morning, ours had already been used lol. No major harm done i guess. But would of been nice, as an owner, to have had a little time to sort it out before hand.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:48 AM

stevereilly:

CEverett12:

Is it the same price for 9 & 18 ?    

Just create 18, and you play the front or back 9 .

It's a nice touch,  and 400cr is less than the price of a sleeve of most balls

The problem is, you can only use it to create 1 (either 9 or 18 hole) tourney. If you want to create another 1 on that same course, it'll cost you another 400.

The 400 should be charged for creating a course, not a tourney. That way you could build 10 (max number available) courses for 4000 (3500 with the bulk discount) and use them multiple times, until you get fed up, then buy some more course builders and create new ones. I could live with that, but 400 cr per tourney is a bit much :-(

Edit: As for Oakmont, shhhhhh ;-) I fear the inclusion might have been an oversight on their part ;-) We'll see soon enough....

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:53 AM

mkrizan86:

400 cr per tourney is a bit much :-(

Agreed.  Greed being the relevant part of that word.

mkrizan86:

Edit: As for Oakmont, shhhhhh ;-) I fear the inclusion might have been an oversight on their part ;-) We'll see soon enough....

Yeah, I can't help thinking someone in the programming department either didn't know about Oakmont being a special case or forgot not to include it.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:54 AM

EasyEdward:

When you go to the Open CC Tournament page and look at available courses every CC Tournament is listed as being on a "Custom Course"  For example our weekly Points Championship Tournament Round 189 is on the front 9 of Oakmont BUT when you open the drop down to view the Tournament details the course name is:  "Custom Course"there is no indication it is on Oakmont.

Same with a Bracket - all 4 courses are listed as Custom Courses and CTTH Tournaments as well.

This is problematic unless every tournament has the name of the course in the title.

The only way I could find to find out the courses all of our tournaments were running on was to go to Play Now / CC Home Page / Play CC Tournament / and then click on each tournament individually.

Same here. You can only see the course you're playing on in the gameclient. But that's where I always looked anyway ;-)

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:56 AM

Premed:

MainzMan:

I assume averages won't be effected by these courses, at least I hope not.

Lol - I was assuming the opposite, this would appeal to a lot of people, who would be happy willing to pay for helping reduce their average.
    It seems for many players that is their primary goal and all they do is play simple, easy conditions CC tournies to help their average & therby tier up

Hopefully they won't count towards one's avg. Or we'll have people with a 36 avg soon enough ;-)

• SpazzStick
    262 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 7:15 AM

WGTicon:

Here's everything you need to know about new Custom Courses!

-WGT

...it's gonna cost you money.

• RSS