Help › Forums

*** CC Custom Course Information ***

Wed, Nov 30 2022 8:30 PM (185 replies)
  • stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:16 AM

CEverett12:

Is it the same price for 9 & 18 ?    

Just create 18, and you play the front or back 9 .

It's a nice touch,  and 400cr is less than the price of a sleeve of most balls

• stevereilly
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:18 AM

It is nice to see that Oakmont can now be used on custom courses along with the rest.

It would be too much to expect Cabo and Whistler to be included.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:19 AM

Do these "courses" count toward player averages?  If so a fine addition to the "red tee" type of options.

• LSquire
    745 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:26 AM

To bad it messed up our CC tourney page !!!!

• pearljammmmer
    4,268 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:29 AM

With all the problems WGT has in delivering a reliable, dependable product to their customers, they are actually CHARGING for this addition? Unreal.

Why aren't there two pins for each hole on the newer courses, just to name one thing players would MUCH rather have than this?

• Premed
    776 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 5:58 AM

alosso:

WGTicon:
    We've given each country club a free Course Builder (in your inventory now!) so you can create a custom course and start a tournament for your club.

CC owners beware!

The permissions are given to all member types in the Owner's Tools - anybody might use this one free Course Builder!

That does seem to be a problem, as a club owner I might create a custom that is agreed by members, but If I buy a custom builder anybody else could use it to run a different custom (presuming we made more than one first day). So if i deselect members from using customs set up then I have to pay every time to set one up, too expensive for me.

My only SERIOUS question is will these affect a players average because I presume that there will be many that will set up the easiest course possible to help drive down their averages and if so could one select lots of par 3's ?? or does the course have to have min/max par 3's & 5'5 to have a certain overall par ??? I certainly won't be the first to set one up but would be interested in hearing feedback from those who have.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:08 AM

I assume averages won't be effected by these courses, at least I hope not.

I was going to ask if having paid 400 credits to design a course it then belonged to the club and could be used as often as they want without paying again.

How silly of me, as if WGT would ever do a thing like that:

• PTrenter
    435 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:11 AM

It's ok, we should be able to pay the 400c a shot out of the CC Bank.

Oh wait.............

I remember a time when not all enhancements to the game came with a price tag attached.

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:25 AM

Guess they could have used the CC levels on this one to give certain "free" Course builders based on levels. On exceeding that you then pay the credits for course builder.

But then again the CC XP grab is flourishing as it is sooo.....

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2016 6:31 AM

Not sure if this is happening in other CCs but it is happening in ours - The Peoples Club.

When you go to the Open CC Tournament page and look at available courses every CC Tournament is listed as being on a "Custom Course"  For example our weekly Points Championship Tournament Round 189 is on the front 9 of Oakmont BUT when you open the drop down to view the Tournament details the course name is:  "Custom Course"there is no indication it is on Oakmont.

Same with a Bracket - all 4 courses are listed as Custom Courses and CTTH Tournaments as well.

This is problematic unless every tournament has the name of the course in the title.

The only way I could find to find out the courses all of our tournaments were running on was to go to Play Now / CC Home Page / Play CC Tournament / and then click on each tournament individually.

Maybe WGT needs one more update this year?

RSS