Help › Forums

National WGT Enquirer - April edition

Sat, Apr 16 2011 6:51 PM (41 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 12:31 AM

andyson:

LMAO Pugs!  I love Beaker!

Andy, I could only wish to have the "Nose for News" that you have! And the satirical wit with which you present it to us is truly one-of-a-kind. :)

The most recent WGT Enquirer "Easter Egg" was the "stimulus" for Beaker's involvement. ;)

Thanks to Dr. Honeydew's analytical delvings, his wary assistant seems to be developing his own "WGT nose"...

Thanks for the opportunity to provide you with a well-deserved chuckle! :]

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 1:01 AM

Oh my.

It's a joke guys,honest.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:13 AM

LizzieRossetti:
    Oh,lastly,I must thank you for the "super" club you designed,I feel honoured that you allowed me to share in its secret testing.I think the ability to drive accurately up to 460yds without having to aim or ding is going to be quite useful when I fix my average and begin our takeover of the legend tier as we discussed.

Oopsie Lizzie, I think that message was meant to have gone to Icon.  Now you've let the cat out the bag.  So it is all true about pre-determined game results.  There'll be one or two interested parties in this admission!  What one will do to be a... well... a blankety blank!

(Note:  There's no Blankety Blank Cheque Book & Pen for right answers).

LizzieRossetti:
    Wierd but I just realised you might well have been referring to the pink balls and not my Wooly knix

Yes, I was referring to the pink balls, but now that you come to mention it I haven't seen you in those wolly knix (as you so affectionately call them), but as it's getting a bit warmer now I guess you don't need them.  Bikini bottoms is (almost) the order of the day now, but not on the golf course obviously!

Back to balls, I'd have thunkered (I hope I've got my tense right there) you would have requested, nay insisted, that WGT make them there Callaways in anything other than white, namely pink... at a reduced price of course!

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 3:35 AM

I already use pink callaways.They come with a special offer from Ike,who sold me a pair of rose tinted spectacles,works like a charm,and all for just £9.99.I look so cool in them too,so cool that at a recent nine inch nails gig,I could have sold them 50 times over.

This was the gig that started to turn a bit nasty after a roadie clubbed a skinhead with his torch,and upset all the other skinheads who wnated a go too.I resumed the peace by taking to the stage and giving my acapella version of "Come by yah" followed by making dampers and mars bars wrapped in orange skins baked in tinfoil over the fire started by some students who thought they were at a student loans demo.They weren't but their fire was just lovely,although event management seemed a bit peeved.You would think a set of stage curtains were made of gold or something the way they moaned.Resolved that one by letting Lambert have at them with his pogo stick,he looks quite the tyrant in torn jeans and braces,but I felt the safety pin through his right eyebrow was a step too far,and cook had the awfullest job sewing him back together afterwards.Cost us two bottles of "Anaesthetic" from somewhere called Glen Morange to keep Lambert still.

I got one drumstick and a broken plectrum for my collection,but think I might have left my wooly Knix behind,but then,someone had to do something for the triple A backstage pass.

In other news,I varnished one third of my accomodation boards for the yacht,but failed to allow adequate drying time and now the dog is partially hairless on account of him inadvertantly lying on drying board,and my having to liberate the board from his flesh.The good news is,now that he has ugly bald patches,I can earn even more cash in the subway.

Lizzie xx

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 7:57 AM

jeffdos924:

Switz71:
    I borrow one of them fancy umbrellas, of the cocktail variety to keep the sun out of me eyes.

Wouldn't you need 2 umbrellas? .... unless it was typo, and you meant to say .."me eye". That S could have slipped in on your blind side w/o noticing.

Wouldn't I look weird with 2 umbrellas?   It's all about the glamourables  :)

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Sat, Apr 9 2011 8:26 PM

I should read all of this when I am sober.

Na.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2011 5:57 AM

Switz71:
    Wouldn't I look weird with 2 umbrellas?   It's all about the glamourables  :)

No, actually quite chic!  It does take a bit of time to get used to the small pieces of duct tape fastening to one's nose.  And you need to be aware they will blow off while chasing birds and whatnots.

No animals were harmed, injured, or bothered in the production of this post.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2011 7:44 PM

andyson:
    No animals were harmed, injured, or bothered in the production of this post.

Readers were............  :-D

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Sun, Apr 10 2011 9:40 PM

YankeeJim,

Congrats on your 4,444 post!

I like the number 4.

I once hosted a tournament where you had to try turn in a card with all 4's. Meaning you had to bogey the par3's, birdie the par5's and par the 4's.

The 4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4-4 Ultimate Open I think it been called and such.

Hello - I am Yancy

• Switz71
    278 Posts
    Mon, Apr 11 2011 9:54 AM

andyson:
    It does take a bit of time to get used to the small pieces of duct tape fastening to one's nose.

err umm the wife says I'm not allowed to handle duct tape anymore and to the best of my knowledge I have no comment on that subject  Piskot

RSS