Forums

Help › Forums

HOW DOES AN AMATEUR KEEP A HIGH AVERAGE AT AMATEUR STATUS

rated by 0 users
Fri, Apr 8 2011 7:38 AM (7 replies)
  • Dyna123
    14 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 8:38 AM

HELLO ALL, I WAS RECENTLY LOOKING AT THE WGT PLAYER'S ROOM AND NOTICE SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY, IN THE COMMUNITY SPOT LIGHT THERE IS A PERSON THAT HAS A LEVEL 60 WITH AN AVERAGE OF 57.71 @ AMATEUR STATUS, NOW HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK, I MATAIN AN AVERAGE OF 66.20 @ MASTER LEVEL STRUGGLING TO GET TOUR MASTER LEVEL AND THERE'S AN AMATEUR WITH THAT AVERAGE, NOW WOULDN'T THAT AVERAGE BE CONSIDER A LEGEND STATUS. APPARENTLY IM DOING SOMETHING WRONG HERE LIKE MAYBE IM NOT CHEATING SOME HOW, OR DOES HE WORK FOR WGT TO GET THAT KIND OF STATUS. WELL I NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE TO BETTER EXPLAIN THIS TO ME, BECAUSE IF THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG HERE THEN I WANT MY STATUS UPGRADED TO TOUR MASTER.

• Steelers75
    239 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 9:03 AM

Tier levels are based on your average AND the number of ranked rounds you've completed.  Your going to see Amateurs with low averages because they don't have enough completed ranked rounds to advance to the next tier.

• Dyna123
    14 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 6:44 PM

THANK YOU, steelers75 but if an amateur play's every day just for argument's sake say 5hrs a day playing nothing but ranked rounds and brings his average down shouldn't he start to bring his rank down i mean at 57.71 why is he still at amateur status why didn't it bring it down to master or tour master is what im asking, or is it a mistake. please let me know cause im very curious about this. thank's again

• speedyschic
    948 Posts
    Thu, Mar 24 2011 7:53 PM

Technically... somebody could just play blitz, CTTH, alt shot, match play, etc.... to get their level as high as they want it. If they play one ranked stroke play as an amateur and score a 28, they will have a 56 average and never move up in tier unless they play more ranked stroke play rounds. Once they reach a certain amount of ranked stroke play rounds, and assuming their level is high enough, plus.. obviously his average has to be below a certain point... he will advance in tier level. I am fairly sure this info is accurate but if not, please correct me.

Good Luck,

Speedy

• Dyna123
    14 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 8:31 AM

hey speedy, ok after talkin to a couple of friends i have gotten a better understanding about it, though i think it's wrong to go about it that way i see how it can be done thanks for the info look forward to asking and hearing from you for more info on future issue's and question. Dyna

• Dyna123
    14 Posts
    Fri, Mar 25 2011 8:33 AM

steelers thank you for your help also in this matter same with speedy lookin forward for help with any issue's or question from you. thank's Dyna

• theRIKSTA
    12 Posts
    Tue, Mar 29 2011 12:35 AM

i noticed this after two weeks of playing and relized as a newb i had 0% chance against players like this, i became pro tier and now have less chance. i just dont understand why they encorouge these F@#$'s/SANDBAGGERS to do this, by creating such a loop hole it has DEFINATELY discorouged me from depositing.  I suppose i could start a 2nd acc but thats not my style. thx/peace Rik!

• Dyna123
    14 Posts
    Fri, Apr 8 2011 7:38 AM

yeah know the feeling riksta im not gonna belittle my self to start a new acct. and then get black balled, but i guess people like these sandbaggers can get away with it and wgt lets it happen what ever happen about the fun of the game and not the money aspect of it well it used to be (in god we trust) but wgt's modo is (in the almighty buck we trust) but the rest of us have to suffer and struggle cause the low man on the scrodum pole is alway's right and first and the rest are left behind.

RSS