• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:07 PM

just to run it by anyone who reads it in case i can try anything else

got gamebooster (latest)

tried chrome (no different)

got the latency thing

done all the cache clearing etc

= a game that is still virtually unplayable and unstable.

I'm completely lost as to how to make it any better. can't be the computer, it was letting me shoot into the 20's a month ago and nothing has been altered. internet speed is the same.

I'm not changing hardware for the sake of playing one game (especially as the computer works fine for everything else i do on it) so any other tweaks i can try?

cheers,

Paul

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 2:31 PM

I'd tell you, but you're a TM and we may meet up in a RG...

Okay, last thing is go to your task manager, open up the processes, right click on adobe and  click on "set affinity", clear all the check marks, then click on "CPU0"-assuming you have a dual core processor.

If no luck, I had good success with comodo dragon browser...meter seemed a bit faster, but no stutter at all.

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Mon, Mar 21 2011 11:31 PM

don't worry mate, the only way we'll meet on an RG is if you WD aswell!

yep it's a dual core. done that so we'll see how it goes when it gets busy on here.

i'd heard of comodo but didn't realise it was a browser, assumed it was some sort of booster programme.

thanks for your help :)

• buttweed
    60 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 6:50 AM

Hi Paul......Ive found that by ,bringing the club back to its back position and holding it for 12 seconds before shooting really helps, I have a crazy meter on mine also. When putting .....wait 5 seconds after the two bars in the center stop moving . My meter stutter was happening almost every shot .....it was bad, I tried this and went 12 rounds without a meter issue .  I have also tried every other fix possible . This one actually worked .....if all else fails give her a try .....

Good luck ....Buttweed 

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:09 AM

i tend to be a bit quick when i play so maybe this tip and slowing down will help a bit :)

thanks

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:20 AM

buttweed:
    Ive found that by ,bringing the club back to its back position and holding it for 12 seconds before shooting really helps, I have a crazy meter on mine also. When putting .....wait 5 seconds after the two bars in the center stop moving .

buttweed, holding for 12 seconds in the backswing is extreme, I only need 4 or 5 seconds.

Have you read WGTicon's comment in this thread?  You could be hurting the accuracy of your shots and putts by letting the two bars come together.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 11:48 AM

Paul,

as discovered on an external site, I'd recommend trying the Comodo Dragon browser, use it's incognito mode, and use its built-in functionality for cookie control to block the many unnecessary cookies that the game client loads. Many have gone this route, and I have yet to hear 1 player who has not had measurable improvements in the meter. 

I did not discover this gem, and do not wish to share any of the configuration techniques used for it, but the browser is a free download, the cookie control is built in to it, as is the incognito mode.

• PaulH0070
    1,339 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 2:02 PM

VanHalenLover:

Paul,

as discovered on an external site, I'd recommend trying the Comodo Dragon browser, use it's incognito mode, and use its built-in functionality for cookie control to block the many unnecessary cookies that the game client loads. Many have gone this route, and I have yet to hear 1 player who has not had measurable improvements in the meter. 

I did not discover this gem, and do not wish to share any of the configuration techniques used for it, but the browser is a free download, the cookie control is built in to it, as is the incognito mode.

please don't take this the wrong way VHL, but you seem a bit evasive describing the browser. is it ok to use? security wise i mean.

you seem to recomend it, but then cover your back in the text? don't worry, i won't sue you if it crashes my computer ;)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 3:08 PM

The browser is perfectly fine, and the added user controls for cookies, etc actually make it more secure than most others, Paul.

It is no more than a browser and is in NO way against WGT rules or anything like that. I have been accused by the owner of the off-site community of giving away trade secrets by recommending this browser, so I am simply making it a point to highlight that I am recommending the browser and its built in features only, and not publishing any of the configuration techniques deployed by said owner.

Hope you understand, and please don't be afraid to try it, it is free to the public!

• DramaticAce
    1 Posts
    Tue, Mar 22 2011 3:36 PM

PaulH0070:

got gamebooster (latest)

got the latency thing

I'm completely lost as to how to make it any better. can't be the computer, it was letting me shoot into the 20's a month ago and nothing has been altered. internet speed is the same.

I'm not changing hardware for the sake of playing one game (especially as the computer works fine for everything else i do on it) so any other tweaks i can try?

cheers,

Paul

PaulH0070:

got gamebooster (latest)

got the latency thing

cheers,

Paul

Ok the clubs are adjusted to 65 yr olds and I dont know where else to bicth about it. Ok you cant hit a 300yd drive unless your a tour pro or legend or what ever.

You have to buy in for way to much.  I

In real life Im a hack and can hit 300 . My 9 iron does 170yds.   Its fun, but its like online

poker for play money only. A waist of time.

• PAGES
RSS