• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 12:23 PM

garyk49:

PaulTon:

WGTicon wrote
    on 12 Aug 2016 at 1:48 AM

hi

we're definately looking to do something special and still deciding on exactly what :(

-icon

More then ample time to have done something, or at the very least said what they were proposing to do.  BUT not a word.

Paul, raising both a toast to Andy for his contributions to this site and to YOU for a job well done on his Memorial Tourney. 

Firstly people are being WAY to hard on WGT here.....they did start a thread about Andyson....eventually.

To the bolded part +1000

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 2:14 PM

"Firstly people are being WAY to hard on WGT here.....they did start a thread about Andyson....eventually."

Fair point Alan..I only wish the membership had thought to do something like this..:)

Paul did a gr8 job with the tournament. I'm not a tournament guy, so I instead donated to the heart and stroke foundation. As long as it's in keeping with the spirit of honoring Andyson, it's all good.

....while perhaps setting a precedent for those of similar character who follow?

ct

• spaceghost88
    1,624 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 1:08 AM

edstang:

Andyson has been a wgt member since June 2009. His contribution to wgt will be missed. He was friend to many members and a mentor.  Andy and my brother duffer66  encouraged me to join wgt . I had lots of fun playing golf with them. Andy was very active in the forums with information, discussion and advice. I will miss him like my brother.

Andy died at  home from instant heart failure on July 4th 2016. 

edstang

I am sorry I just found this news and am sad for such a great loss of a great guy. The wgt community will miss his humor wit and helpful nature.

RIP Andyson 

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Oct 31 2016 1:46 AM

<respectfully deleted>

RSS