Forums

Help › Forums

Andyson June 2009 to July 4th 2016

Mon, Oct 31 2016 1:46 AM (113 replies)
  • overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 4:25 PM

A WGT tournament in memory of andyson I think ALL agree would be a GREAT event for an extremely dedicated WGT community member. 

andyson wasn't just the average WGT community member. andyson was our Mayor, our Forum Leader, and our friend and confidant to the entire WGT community. In light of that fact WGT should without any hesitation have the yearly andyson Memorial Tournament. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 4:40 PM

PRIESTESS:

alanti:

PRIESTESS:

Andy was so popular here , maybe WGT can  set up some kind of competition  in Andy's name? 

This is my preference too, perhaps the Andyson National WGT Enquirer Memorial, and make it an annual event.

That would be so perfect

Sounds ideal , great way to keep his memory alive.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 5:20 PM

Ok folks, im only posting this so that (WGT) via WGTIcon can be held on their word. I messgaed Icon, who i know had a lot of respect for Andyson, about setting up something in honour of his name.

I put my thoughts across on what could be done, but hey, thats not for me to say what should be done. 

The only reason im posting here now is to show you folks that WGT are indeed thinking of something, but we will have to wait to see what happens. And if im honest, the message im copying pasting below is to show that something has been said. 

Im not trying to stir anything here, but only to show that the message has been recieved by WGT and that something should be in the pipeline.

WGTicon wrote
    on 12 Aug 2016 at 1:48 AM

hi

we're definately looking to do something special and still deciding on exactly what :(

-icon

If you folks want to contribute to any ideas on what Andyson would love to see in his honour, then please put it down here. 

No fighting please, ( i know you wont, we all loved the guy) just plain good ideas in respect of Andyson.

Thank you.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 6:26 PM

Sounds like a great idea of a tournament in honour of Andy's name and if there is a small fee to play which will be donated to the Heart and Stroke foundation in his honour, you can definitely count me in !

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Aug 13 2016 10:59 PM

A competition in his honour sounds a great idea. The Anderson WGT Enquirer Memorial if not said exactly already has a ring to it for me.  EDIT: Def already said a few posts back:)

Maybe rather than an entrance free 50% of all ball costs straight to a charity (ies).  Couple of great charities suggested by Patricia above, and another very deserving one on his obituary page.  I would be happy to pay to enter, and so just ideas by way of an alternative I suggested the ball cost option. .  

Once a year sounds good to me also, he was here a while, and maybe based around July 4th date wise?

Sorry if replicated exactly what has already been suggested.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2016 12:42 AM

If the tourney would be for a charity I would

suggest that WGT contact Andyson's family and find out what charity they would like to get any proceeds.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Sun, Aug 14 2016 5:57 AM

PRIESTESS:

alanti:

PRIESTESS:

Andy was so popular here , maybe WGT can  set up some kind of competition  in Andy's name? 

This is my preference too, perhaps the Andyson National WGT Enquirer Memorial, and make it an annual event.

That would be so perfect

Howzit

I have to agree with the above. Although I never knew him I read and laughed out loud at his incisive wit and humour with his Enquirer posts.

WGT, a tournament in his honour would be an incredible gesture.

Everyone who doesn't have positive thoughts to add to this thread, please address them directly to the person involved. This is about honouring someone who for a long time has been an inspiration to many folks here.

Respect that, respect his memory.

Cheers,

Peter

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2016 9:21 AM

I missed out on this thread due to being on holiday.

It really is a sad time for all of us at WGT, Andyson was one of the really great characters around here and will be very badly missed.

I love the idea of an annual tournament in his honour, if anyone is worthy of this it's Andy.

R.I.P. bud.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2016 9:32 AM

TWOMINUSONE:

Ok folks, im only posting this so that (WGT) via WGTIcon can be held on their word. I messgaed Icon, who i know had a lot of respect for Andyson, about setting up something in honour of his name.

I put my thoughts across on what could be done, but hey, thats not for me to say what should be done. 

The only reason im posting here now is to show you folks that WGT are indeed thinking of something, but we will have to wait to see what happens. And if im honest, the message im copying pasting below is to show that something has been said. 

Im not trying to stir anything here, but only to show that the message has been recieved by WGT and that something should be in the pipeline.

WGTicon wrote
    on 12 Aug 2016 at 1:48 AM

hi

we're definately looking to do something special and still deciding on exactly what :(

-icon

If you folks want to contribute to any ideas on what Andyson would love to see in his honour, then please put it down here. 

No fighting please, ( i know you wont, we all loved the guy) just plain good ideas in respect of Andyson.

Thank you.

So far: His elevation to Tour Champion has been lauded...with the suggestion to reserve this tier for those who have made a special impact on the wgt family.

Also, an annual tournament in his honor seems to be a popular idea. 

What about a special ball?...wgt produces all kinds of balls with graphics. Is it possible or appropriate to have Andy's image on one?...certainly a better idea than a meowing cat.

ct

RSS