Help › Forums

Andyson June 2009 to July 4th 2016

Mon, Oct 31 2016 1:46 AM (113 replies)
  • TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2016 9:57 AM

ct690911:

TWOMINUSONE:

Ok folks, im only posting this so that (WGT) via WGTIcon can be held on their word. I messgaed Icon, who i know had a lot of respect for Andyson, about setting up something in honour of his name.

I put my thoughts across on what could be done, but hey, thats not for me to say what should be done. 

The only reason im posting here now is to show you folks that WGT are indeed thinking of something, but we will have to wait to see what happens. And if im honest, the message im copying pasting below is to show that something has been said. 

Im not trying to stir anything here, but only to show that the message has been recieved by WGT and that something should be in the pipeline.

WGTicon wrote
    on 12 Aug 2016 at 1:48 AM

hi

we're definately looking to do something special and still deciding on exactly what :(

-icon

If you folks want to contribute to any ideas on what Andyson would love to see in his honour, then please put it down here. 

No fighting please, ( i know you wont, we all loved the guy) just plain good ideas in respect of Andyson.

Thank you.

So far: His elevation to Tour Champion has been lauded...with the suggestion to reserve this tier for those who have made a special impact on the wgt family.

Also, an annual tournament in his honor seems to be a popular idea. 

What about a special ball?...wgt produces all kinds of balls with graphics. Is it possible or appropriate to have Andy's image on one?...certainly a better idea than a meowing cat.

ct

My idea to WGT was to award a customisable avatar to the winners of each tier, as avatars are graphic based (like the whole game, lol). I dont know of anyone who has a customisable avatar, and thought this would be very apt.

But that is up to WGT, and im still not sure whats in the pipeline anyways.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:10 AM

ct690911:
    What about a special ball?...wgt produces all kinds of balls with graphics. Is it possible or appropriate to have Andy's image on one?...certainly a better idea than a meowing cat.

• petervcpt
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2016 10:51 AM

PaulTon:

ct690911:

Your best yet Paul!

EXCELLENT artwork!

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Mon, Aug 15 2016 11:21 AM

PaulTon:

ct690911:

Well done Paul...I like it.:)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Thu, Aug 18 2016 9:21 PM

I met a player here on WGT, who I never knew or never seen.

We happened by chance, to play a game,

before too long we were talking the same,

we disgusted an joked about pixels an dings,

and than he explain of the hoops and rings,

not too be confused, with scoring of note,

could it be your computer is just a joke.

He was always a champion for players and foes,

A Patriot at heart, he rest on the 4th

To me Andy; I still remember, Its Howdy Doodle Time

• patrickmar
    245 Posts
    Sun, Aug 21 2016 4:36 PM

Well done Paul, Andy is smiling down.  R.I.P. Andy .

• Safdar1
    454 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 9:40 AM

I stopped playing for a while (so apologies for this being so late)  and came back, just heard this news, so shocked. He always had wise words and advice on how to get a better experience playing this game, and I read his posts and appreciated his excellence and general willingness to go the extra mile to help.

R.I.P.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 10:10 AM
    WGTicon wrote

hi

we're definately looking to do something special and still deciding on exactly what :(

-icon

If you folks want to contribute to any ideas on what Andyson would love to see in his honour, then please put it down here. 

No fighting please, ( i know you wont, we all loved the guy) just plain good ideas in respect of Andyson.

Thank you.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 10:44 AM

PaulTon:

WGTicon wrote

hi

-icon

Thank you.

Elevate him to TC tier. Then make that tier available for viewing. Perhaps it can replace the laughable "Community Spotlight"...I think we have seen enough 56 avg Hacks and Multis.

Edit: Gary is correct. The mail from Icon is dated 12 August. It's now 25 October.

• garyk49
    2,316 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2016 10:47 AM

PaulTon:

WGTicon wrote

hi

-icon

More then ample time to have done something, or at the very least said what they were proposing to do.  BUT not a word.

Paul, raising both a toast to Andy for his contributions to this site and to YOU for a job well done on his Memorial Tourney. 

RSS