Help › Forums

Stuck at 42%

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 20 2020 1:52 PM (5 replies)
  • turefyra
    54 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2016 2:34 PM

Hi All, 

I have some troubles getting the game window to load.

When I press the play now button the game window opens up and it starts to load the game. It all looks good until the load reaches 42%, then nothing happens. Every time I try it is the same thing. I have tried with the browsers Chrome, Chromium and Opera and several versions of flash to no avail. I am on a linux system so I am stuck with the Google pepper flash since Adobe stopped supporting Linux some time ago. 

It all started when I upgraded my linux system last month so I know the problem is on my end. I confirmed this by  using another computer with an older linux system on my home network and it worked like a charm. 

Has anyone seen this and found a solution? I understand that my setup is a bit wonky with Linux and all, but the chrome and flash versions are the very latest.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2016 8:16 PM

Don't know what it is about 42%. Obviously, the engine is looking for something at that point because it always stops there for me too, at least playing the first game of the day. After a bit it starts to move again, but it always parks on 42% for some time. Sometimes it just hangs there and I have to exit and hit Play Now again.

Using Win10 here.

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Sun, May 8 2016 8:41 PM

turefyra:

Hi All, 

I have some troubles getting the game window to load.

When I press the play now button the game window opens up and it starts to load the game. It all looks good until the load reaches 42%, then nothing happens. Every time I try it is the same thing. I have tried with the browsers Chrome, Chromium and Opera and several versions of flash to no avail. I am on a linux system so I am stuck with the Google pepper flash since Adobe stopped supporting Linux some time ago. 

It all started when I upgraded my linux system last month so I know the problem is on my end. I confirmed this by  using another computer with an older linux system on my home network and it worked like a charm. 

Has anyone seen this and found a solution? I understand that my setup is a bit wonky with Linux and all, but the chrome and flash versions are the very latest.

Could be flash related. You might try uninstalling and then reinstalling flash.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2016 9:34 AM

hi

the best thing to do is to clear your cookies and temp files for both browser and flash and then reload. if the issue persists, please try it in another browser... most likely cause is something corrupted on your end.

-wgticon

• turefyra
    54 Posts
    Mon, May 9 2016 1:21 PM

Thank you for your ideas. I am totally aware that the problem is on my side.

I have very few options on Linux since Google is the only provider of a working flash player these days.

This far I have tried with several versions of Chrome, the Chromium browser, and Opera. Every time I have taken care to clear all cookies and cache. These browsers all rely on the Google flash player so I tried with 21.0.0.213, 21.0.0.216, and the very latest 22.0.0.137.

Has anyone been able to load the game window with one of the latest versions of Google flash player for Linux? 

• TheFredCouples
    22 Posts
    Fri, Mar 20 2020 1:52 PM

I have the same issue the last couple of months. Just on Linux / Chrome (which is the only working solution).

RSS