Coin balance?

Sun, Mar 22 2020 6:37 PM (108 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2015 11:15 AM

alcaucin:

WGTChampion:

siggipj76:

I can't find these coins in my account ?

Have they been removed again ? 

Yes. Not sure why they decided to remove them after all this, but they did. They will return in the near future. 

_CHAMPION

I better get back the same 75.000 I had before !!"!"

Have 0000.00 now !

Gotta love WGT.   ;-)))

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Thu, Dec 10 2015 5:49 PM

I think someone found a way to spend them and they pulled everyone's before word got out.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 2:40 AM

So it appears coins will be used for getting  coin clubs (attributes unknown) but from my research, can be quite high levels (MK8 - level 80). I assume the start at MK1 - presumably level 10?

Coins other uses? Renting..........ideas?

Question remains and is intriguing - how is the amount each player derived?

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 2:57 AM

Questions and assumptions about unlaid eggs - to me, it's in a sack with reputation, bank, gifted passes leaderboard. Beat it blindly, and no harm is done.

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 3:19 AM

alosso:
    Questions and assumptions about unlaid eggs - to me, it's in a sack with reputation, bank, gifted passes leaderboard. Beat it blindly, and no harm is done.

I agree, but the clubs do exist and tested (not my me i admit, nor am I privy to such information.

Knowing the marketing department, will no doubt be an unmitigated flop

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 3:19 AM

double post

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 3:36 AM

alanti:
    coin clubs

Any preview available?

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 6:47 AM

alanti:
    So it appears coins will be used for getting  coin clubs (attributes unknown)

This, to me, indicates a switch in WGT priority from monetization of players (members who buy credits with cash or earn free credits thru videos, surveys, and offers) to retention of players (players who keep coming back).

Research indicates only 2.2% of a free-to-play game's player base spent money and two-thirds of people stop playing after one day!  Of that 2.2%, about half the revenue comes from 10% of those who spend.  In other words, half of the credit revenue comes from 0.22% of the player base.

Say WGT's player base (those who registered) is 10 million.  Only 2.2% spent money, that's 220,000 players.  Half the credit revenue comes from 10% of those spenders.  That's only 22,000 players.

Those that have invested cash (or time to veiw vids, etc.) will tend to stick around and play for a longer period of time.  Eventually, after a long time, the spending will slow or stop as players have no need to buy higher level clubs or credits are being earned through play vs cash.

A big part of WGT's business model was based on our need to upgrade clubs and balls to advance in the game.  Shoe said: "Coins are a test feature in response to comments that the game is too expensive."  No doubt in my mind that is a big reason people don't stick around. 

An alternative to upgrading clubs without spending credits will open up a whole new audience for WGT.  Recall the research says two-thirds of people leave after one day. (a peek at the member list confirms at least that.)

How does that affect WGT's revenue stream?  Ad revenue is, in general, based on number of visitors.  The more people that visit the site the more ad revenue for WGT.  The number of unique visitors to the site has been trending down.  So ad revenue has been going down as well.

The new audience (from retaining new players who can now upgrade clubs without using credits) would boost WGT's ad revenue.  Its an effort by WGT to retain those players who leave because the "game is too expensive".

I would price the lower level upgrades cheap to get players hooked on the game, make friends, join CCs, invest time.  Then, once players have become commited, gradually increase the coin costs to give players reason to earn more coins through more play.  And more play means more visits.

And once implemented I'd expect a WGT external ad campaign along the lines of "More Ways To Play Free!".

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 7:07 AM

An interesting synopsis and probably fairly close to the truth.

Does this mean then, that higher level players - say Level 90 and above will not be affected in any way when this scheme is implemented.

To me it just seems to be more junk they are piling on top of a game that already has too many gimmicks, and not necessarily gimmicks that work.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Dec 12 2015 7:17 AM

Earn coins while you, ahem, play.

This goes in and it's chump with his coin set.  Sounds like a clash players dream? Can New Ideas do it again ? See how this one plays out :)

Benefit of the doubt should go to New Ideas in fairness I guess, just hope they don't stuff up the greens or something else horrendous this time.  

I guess just a good old fashioned fixing of a great basic platform and seeing what that might achieve is just too passé?

RSS