Forums

Help › Forums

2009 WGA TOUR

Wed, Nov 4 2009 7:33 AM (484 replies)
  • lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 10:50 AM

I'm already signed up but as a pro. I just turned a master earlier today.

• RyanSelwyn
    96 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 1:28 PM

Hi It does not matter what tier you are, you will all be playing in the same league. and if you think that is unfair to masters: its not because you are supposed to be good at the game to be at that level.

• jasondement
    322 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 3:44 PM

Just got signed up let me know rules and regs and when we get started.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Aug 5 2009 4:13 PM

i sense hostility

• lilmike24
    185 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 9:59 AM

I jsut thought you needed to know about the tier change.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 10:13 AM

Just curious to know more about how this will work.  I see on the site the first tournament is scheduled from Aug 13 to Aug 16 at Kiawah.    Is this on the honors system ?  Are you going to announce pairings ?   As you all know it's pretty easy to leave if you don't like the way you are playing ....

Not trying to be a Pain ... I love the idea .. just curious on some of the details.   

Thanks,

• Vardon
    50 Posts
    Thu, Aug 6 2009 6:01 PM

Could you please remove me from the spreadsheet?  After reading further into it, I will not be able to commit to all the tournaments.  Thank you!

• GreenHits
    84 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 6:30 PM

Im curious to read the reply to Invietri's post. This is an awsome idea, looking forward to learning the details. 

• RyanSelwyn
    96 Posts
    Sat, Aug 8 2009 10:28 PM

i am going to have to rely on honesty and also for these reasons..... i found this under a tournament

• Australia 08-02-2009 5:30 AM

This tournament started out as being kind of interesting with a different format of 4 18-Hole rounds, and that's the main reason why I entered.  Some where a long the time line it was changed in to what it is now being 4 weekly tourney rounds.  The reason given - to avoid people cheating !! Since submitting my score last week I found that  I've completely lost interest in this tournament.  I feel that I should share with everyone here why I feel that way, so here it is:

• Where is the excitement of playing in a tournament when you actually don't get to play ?!  You just simply take another competitive round in a different tournament (weekly 18-hole) and submitted to the organiser and you're done ! wow I just can't wait to play my 2nd round ! 
      • Community tournament is a place where you'll have the chance to meet other players and also to make new friend.  In this tournament you just play your own round, at your own time, and you click on a link to submit your own score.  Up to this point I have NOT had the chance to meet anyone, chat with a person i have never met before, or play a round with anyone ! In fact if I were to dissapear right after I post this note, i don't really think anyone would notice really ! Once the deadline for submitting the 2nd round score is expired, i would simply be disqualified for not entering a score, so no need for me to hang around here any more really !
      • Normally a golf tournament would take about 1 week to be completed, there are very few exceptions to this rule.  This tourney's is due to finish in 4 weeks from the start !! I would like to think that I am fairly patient when it comes to anything golf related, but seriously I don't think I will last the distance here ! Especially when all I have to look forward to is someone adding up my scores and tell me how I finished in this tournament ! After that I'd post a thankyou note to the organiser, congratz the winner and the players who have done well and say see you next time ! Am I suppose to walk way then thinking what a great tournament that was, a real experience to remember by in my WGT career !!

I think that by now those of you who is reading this post have got the points I am trying to get across, therefore I won't go on any further and waste your valuable time.  Basically I am just trying to inform the organizer here that I would like to withdrawl from this tournament effective immediately.  I would like to apologize to CameronHarris94 for any inconvenience caused, and also thankyou for taking the time and effort to organize this tournament for everyone. And finally to all the participants in this tourney, I wish you all the best and hope that you'll have an enjoyable time.  Take care everyone, see you on the course sometimes.  

• ARod007
    122 Posts
    Sun, Aug 9 2009 6:44 AM

Can't wait to get started. My Team Best Ball need's two more Team's Before I can get it underway.. But this Tour sounds good..

• RSS