Help › Forums

Champions listed by WGT Scoring Average

Sat, Sep 16 2017 2:36 AM (279 replies)
  • ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:26 PM

fatdan:
    .too many cheats and multi's, like several from your CC

Please report them to WGT. I'm a member of that CC also, and would like them removed if they are cheating.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:35 PM

"My list is just data provided by WGT. Jessica84's Avg Score of 46.00 is obviously less than fmagnets Avg Score of 53.00. That cannot be argued."

I agree the raw numbers are what they are...but who would win in a head to head match from the proper tees?...on paper, it looks like Magnets wouldn't stand much of a chance, but that is probably an incorrect assumption...

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:39 PM

donsprintr:

The question is, Dan, will MrQueez card a second round score?

A very good question, and I don't know the answer....I personally don't even follow the end results since last years fiasco, but I do remember not too many post a decent single play score, OR bother to post a bad round!

I wonder who the cheaters are supposed to be in Carolina Sandhills? Ed runs a clean club and I know he will personally remove suspect people from membership.  

Whoa, not intended to knock the CC , just a coincidence is all, and those names were, and still are once in awhile(in fact yesterday), all over these forums along with a copy of chat logs....I would be happy to PM you the names if you don't remember but I don't want to put them on the public forum and get that cr@p started again! LOL

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:44 PM

Damn, I'm impressed. Let's see a list of the top 50 who have ever swung a real club on a real golf course. I remember several of the original players on WGT who were also very good golfers on REAL GOLF COURSES, not computer geeks circumventing the system. 

If I am being ugly here, I will not apology. 

You know who you are, what you are doing and I hope you don't get cheeto stains on your tighty whities. Holler upstairs and tell Mom you need another Red Bull.

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:45 PM

donsprintr:
    I think there may be less controversy Russ, if players were listed in alphabetical order.

Possibly, but is more interesting to me sorted by Avg Score and Level.

And I plan to publish the lists each month until I don't want to anymore.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:45 PM

ColumbusStorm:

fatdan:
    .too many cheats and multi's, like several from your CC

Please report them to WGT. I'm a member of that CC also, and would like them removed if they are cheating.

Not sure, but as I understand it WGT took care of it, and one left immediately when it became public...

regardless I'm sure they are still here, under what name or what club who knows...

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:47 PM

ct690911:

"My list is just data provided by WGT. Jessica84's Avg Score of 46.00 is obviously less than fmagnets Avg Score of 53.00. That cannot be argued."

I agree the raw numbers are what they are...but who would win in a head to head match from the proper tees?...on paper, it looks like Magnets wouldn't stand much of a chance, but that is probably an incorrect assumption...

Averages are next to zero indication of ability (as basically said by CS).  He kindly creates two appreciated lists from factual numbers as he also said.  

Now nothing against Jess, but you simply are not able to tell how good she would be in real comps from her average.....That's it......What is v true is that several high on that list are v ordinary....

• donsprintr
    2,063 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:53 PM

From personal experience I can attest that Jessica is very very good in alternate shot competitions. Can't take that away from her, and I've seen her win some WGT tournaments. Why she doesn't shoot tournaments anymore, I don't know.

But basically I agree with you Jimbo (horrors) ... :-)

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:56 PM

ct690911:

Assumptions based on WGT's data are probably not good.

However for my opinion (which has nothing to do with the list) based on watching some of fmagnets video postings:

I believe Jessica84 would beat fmagnets on Merion B9 from Jessica84's preferred tees/wind/green speed AND if fmagnets is not allowed to practice those conditions or that course at all. Now if fmagnets gets a practice round or 2 in, then I would probably pick fmagnets to win.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Nov 12 2015 3:59 PM

EDITED:

for some reason all my recent posts are dbl posting

RSS