Help › Forums

Champions listed by WGT Scoring Average

Sat, Sep 16 2017 2:36 AM (279 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,095 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 12:26 PM

hpurey:
    This works too.   
    Nice one hp, I did not know that, thanks.  : )

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 12:36 PM

ScottHope:

hpurey:
    This works too.   
    Nice one hp, I did not know that, thanks.  : )

Reminder for laptop users....  using the "F" keys usually requires clicking a function key first as the F-keys usually have other uses due to lack of some keys that would normally be on a standard keyboard.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 12:37 PM

MBaggese:

siggipj76:

your club juiced ??? or just lost mike ?

did not understand the video ?

Read CT's reply a few after mine..

When the likes of Mags, etc start getting close to sub 50 avg, then I'll pay attention;)

We probably wont see these folks sub 50, simply because they hit from back tips? ...only way I can figure a 46 or a 48 average is to play front tees....but, even hitting from the red tees, it's still gotta be difficult to get the average well below 50.

...but I'm a 69 hack legend...I got no idea how they do it...lol

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 7:34 PM

ct690911:
    only way I can figure a 46 or a 48 average is to play front tees....but, even hitting from the red tees, it's still gotta be difficult to get the average well below 50.

Naw...play unlimited and restart if you'll shoot over 25, heck, play single play and bail if you'll shoot over 25.

Can you imagine a player like Mags doing a "Red Tee Run"?

FFS...he'd have a a low number so crazy...

I don't see the sport in it, kind of akin (imo) to walking into the clubhouse after a round in real life, and entering a false score card to lower your handicap...bet you'd never see that type of real life player, entering a local Muni tourney with a fake low HC...lol.

Oh wait, seems it's the same on WGT...;)

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 8:49 PM

Believe me CT690911, even a weak player like me, if i play from red tee on some courses, i score 24.

Only have to turn from tour legend to champion tier, and after play a  round, reboot until you have a 24 on 9 holes, validate and that  give you 48 average.

I don't do that, that would mean nothing, and already with the 200  saturation rank round this is not my true average. I'm more  like maybe  60 average than 57, but wgt take only my 200 (luck) rounds to give me  the 57 average lol

• EricJeter
    361 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 9:08 PM

Before my recent promotion to level 93 I was the lowest level Champion Tier in all of WGT which felt kind of cool, and that was without being a kiddie tee superstar like most of these Champs with sub 55 averages which of course doesn't include the top players that everybody already knows about.  

However, in hindsight I kinda wish I just stayed at Legend tier until I could have unlocked some better stuff.  My true average I'd guess is 59.5 - 60 range, lower on the easy courses like Bethpage and BoF and a bit higher on Merion/Olympic.  I simply can't compete with the best....yet.  I've only played WGT for a year + 2 weeks so I'm still learning tips and tricks and hopefully getting better.  I can't wait to see what I can do with the best equipment that every other Champ has but that's going to take ages at this rate.  I figure once the top 20 monthly earners dont earn more than my career earnings then I'll be ready to compete. It'll be 10 cent balls once I reach saturation until however long it takes to reach level 100 so I can finally try to compete on a level playing field. :)

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 9:22 PM

For your convenience: L100 @2,268,312 XPs. You've made one third of the way.

But, don't let the grind control your playing, it may exhaust you. You better have fun here!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 9:38 PM

EricJeter:
    My true average I'd guess is 59.5 - 60 range, lower on the easy courses like Bethpage and BoF and a bit higher on Merion/Olympic.

Mine too  (avg) but means you can pop off some sub 30's for RG's, and that's what is needed to compete and stay profitable.

EricJeter:
    until however long it takes to reach level 100 so I can finally try to compete on a level playing field. :)

If you have the game to play at a real 60 avg, you'll be fine competing now...trust me, just pick you RG course and conditions you like.

Make it happen!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 10:38 PM

MBaggese:

EricJeter:
    My true average I'd guess is 59.5 - 60 range, lower on the easy courses like Bethpage and BoF and a bit higher on Merion/Olympic.

Mine too  (avg) but means you can pop off some sub 30's for RG's, and that's what is needed to compete and stay profitable.

EricJeter:
    until however long it takes to reach level 100 so I can finally try to compete on a level playing field. :)

If you have the game to play at a real 60 avg, you'll be fine competing now...trust me, just pick you RG course and conditions you like.

Make it happen!

Yep.

The top stuff is a nice to have, and there were loads of threads where I said have a top tier that does get the pro shop open a bit earlier for good players.  They created this though, and how good or bad the players are the red tees is a different game.

Anyway I think you get the better stuff and it then becomes spot the difference in scores if you can, but we all buy the edge even if it's mostly perceived.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Fri, Nov 6 2015 10:42 PM

100% ok with MB and JB lol

Even me i still win way more credits in ready go than losing with my poor game. I think if you have the 30 average on 9 holes you will do fine enough to stay profitable.

For the top stuff, don't worries, whit all you have in your bag  you  can play very very good golf and do great score.

RSS