Forums

Help › Forums

If Anyone

Wed, Jan 26 2011 9:57 AM (61 replies)
  • BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 10:56 AM

Andy, I had the same deviations on #12 kiawah 1.5 yrs ago when I was just a noob as I face today as a semi-noob.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 11:48 AM

Oh Andy!

Thankyou thankyou thankyou!

I SO understood everything you said.

Its good to have the oblivious pointed out because I just KNEW my crazy outovvit shots couldnt have been me.I knew it like a known thing.

PS.What does deviation mean?I thought it was a country club moniker.

Lizzieallthewiserandsmugwithit.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 11:52 AM

Semi-noob?

andyson:
    However, when it does detect your and Bollie's higher skill level, the distribution of club deviations  could be changing so you, Priestess and others see larger deviations more frequently

If this is the case that would be pretty lame-sending a shot awry just because the player's too good. I always thought deviations were what made this realistic. I am more likely to make a bad shot than BIB or Tess so it should be more likely for me, not them.

There are so many combinations and permutations of the variables that any aspect of a game can be monkeyed with to suit whatever the user wants. I believe players like Bollux, ALee, Jakestanfill, Priestess, et al (and there aren't many) are serving as test subjects of a sort in order for WGT to figure out what to do with what they have and make it as realistic as possible.

Didn't they snatch 2 of the all time best here for their team? And where is arguably the best of all of them-maybe behind the scenes?

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 3:20 PM

BolloxInBruges:
    face today as a semi-noob.

LMAO....a little poker room baiting B? oops wrong site...;)

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 3:33 PM

YankeeJim:
    I believe players like Bollux, ALee, Jakestanfill, Priestess, et al (and there aren't many) are serving as test subjects of a sort in order for WGT to figure out what to do with what they have and make it as realistic as possible.

Hopefully this would not be happening, seeings how they do dominate the RG's in win place and show "credits". Yes im aware that WGT may use players from time to time as testers for development or improving clubs,equipment etc.

But I would sincerely hope that restrictions would be limited to none competitive rounds when "credits" from others players are involved.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:31 PM

oneputtdavid:
    Hopefully this would not be happening, seeings how they do dominate the RG's in win place and show "credits".

Test subjects gives you the wrong idea, Dave. More like a control group where a cause and effect scenario exists. Certainly nothing that would alter or influence their game results, just an observation thing. 

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:00 PM

I think I understand what I thought they said but I'm not sure I realize what they said is

what they really meant. Lizzie can you two help  us out here, I'm starting to talk

to myself and can't agree with either one of me.

• hawaiicruz
    49 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 7:55 PM

FWIW from a total newb. The way I understand VEM (after slogging through the patent applications ) is that the better you get, the less forgiving the equipment becomes. This seems to be playing out for me on the course.

I notice allot more wind effect on the ball then I used to, especially if I miss the ding in the direction of the cross wind. I also notice more wind effect then I used to, even when I ding the shot, especially on the distance the ball travels, and it seems to be the worst at Kiawah. It seems the only way I can get decent distance in a cross wind now, is to miss on purpose in the opposite direction of the wind.

Putting for me has also gotten weird in the last few days. putts that I thought I had a perfect read on, just aren't falling like they did even a week ago. (same tier same equipment}

• Heath021
    378 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 8:05 PM

How do these deviations not effect the same players that are constantly on top. Dont understand how the same players over and over keep winning. I hit the dinger alot but still cant seem to shoot any lower than a 31 most of the time. Yet players...not to mention any names consistently shoot 55s or 27s in tournaments where money is involved. I am so frustrated seeing this!

Would someone please try to explain. I hit perfect puts...so i think...to have them stop 2 inches from the hole about 4 times a round. Does this not happen to them, or are they some made up players. I sometimes wonder if these players are human.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 9:33 PM

PRIESTESS:

Can be bothered,:) My latest reply is the biggest Vem you will ever see,Wind is 2mph YES 2,lol,,at 5 o'clock,I aimed straight hit 215 half bs  and dinged it,, the ball went 20 yards LEFT and 235,Par 3  14th Kiawa,,Like i said a while ago,, BEWARE the 2 and 3 mph wind at Kiawa,,You have to see it,And remember this was aimed st and dinged,

I've gotten bitten by the VEM lately BIG TIME..

KWA #15, 80 yds to the hole, wing blowing left to right 3mph... I aim slightly left, hit a full 54% wedge dead on the nuts (ding line) and yell "get in"... The flight of the ball looks like pure hosel shank, and flies 20 yds right, pin high, and into the cabbage..WTF ???

The saddest thing is that I was 7 under at the time, and by far playing my best round since becoming a master.

The day before that, KWA #6, slight cross wind, I hit a 9 iron perfect,... long story short, the ball flew 20 yards right of the green , and CARRIED a total of 164 yds into the dunes..

RSS