Forums

Help › Forums

If Anyone

Wed, Jan 26 2011 9:57 AM (61 replies)
  • PRIESTESS
    10,705 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 9:17 PM

Can be bothered,:) My latest reply is the biggest Vem you will ever see,Wind is 2mph YES 2,lol,,at 5 o'clock,I aimed straight hit 215 half bs  and dinged it,, the ball went 20 yards LEFT and 235,Par 3  14th Kiawa,,Like i said a while ago,, BEWARE the 2 and 3 mph wind at Kiawa,,You have to see it,And remember this was aimed st and dinged,

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 9:57 PM

KW14 is the most flawed hole in this game.  It's hit and hope 90 percent of the time.  I actually go 210 with full backspin here but that's usually not the problem.  Dinged shots which should usually end up on the green either goes left or right into the rough or in the fairway......This hole is flawed.

• gwrit59
    313 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 10:57 PM

There are a number of holes that are like this. Some holes pull str8 to the left or right whether u ping it or not. And some holes the 15mph wind has no effect on the ball as far as distance goes. U just have to make notes of which holes are like this.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 11:11 PM

Kiawah is faulty all around it as far as the wind is concerned, and the harder the wind blows, the worse it gets.

18 mph in your face on 1 hole stop a shot 25-30 yds short, the very next hole it has almost no effect. Just finished a 18 hole match play for an off-site tourney, and it was like this all over the course.

Poke and Hope.

• Noobingalltheway
    222 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 5:41 AM

VanHalenLover:
    Poke and Hope

Quote of the day? Yes

I play Kiawah quite a lot and I'll agree with the wind issue / course issue. That particular hole is very very annoying. As a Tour Pro my tee box is 175 yds from the pin. I use rapture irons, so a 4i for 180 or a 5i for 170 yds of power ... it seems that no matter which I choose, the game decides how far I hit it....I usually use 5i no matter what the wind's doing, and it STILL runs long (but better than using my 4i and not reaching the green! - yes, that's happened to me before!)

Rob

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:04 AM

It's gotten worse @ several holes on Kiawah, esp on the back. All the par 3s seem to have a lot less tolerance than the normal holes.

The difference between how the back plays for a Legend vs a TM/below is absurd. They keep backing the tees up, adding bs to the shots, etc. Right now this is just not an enjoyable game, at least for me. This whole idea of making it "real" has really got out of hand.

• buckethead054
    12 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:16 AM

seem to be a little dissension in the ranks.

looks like even the best of the best are getting fed up with the strange characteristics of the game.

might be time for WGT to pull it head from it's kiester, and address these problems.

if the best cant find a shot solution for the crazy vem, then how will the masses solve it?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:25 AM

Hi Priestess,

Not that it matters to WGT it seems, but did you submit a bug-report?

Looking at your score history from yesterday alone shows a couple of 31's, a 29, and a 61. Those low scores will definitely increase the VEM across the stroke-play board to ridiculous proportions. I can vouch for that.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:30 AM

While I can agree that there are some funky things going on on Kiawah of late, half of the result of that shot can be explained... First off, the deviation to the left was very extreme!  But I would say, based on what you've said it's the only weird thing that I see.  This green is slightly downhill from the tee and sloping away as soon as the ball is almost pin high, so I think 215 with (any) bs is just a bit too much for this shot.  The result being that you hit the slope running away from the hole and being on tournament greens it just kept on running!  The fact that it was that far left didn't help matters any either.  

On a side note, I do recall a thread or conversation with some one at WGT (perhaps it was the MR. himself) that the more spin you place on a shot the more you expose yourself to the possibility of greater deviations.  Also I would think that the longer the club the more extreme the outcome as well.  That's not really an explanation for the extreme one that you experienced, but just something to keep in the back of your head.

Anyways, I hope this sheds just a little bit  of light on that crazy shot, I know I've had a lions share of them in the past little while, but there is nothing you can do but shake it off and try to drain it. 

Lee

*edit* FWIW holes #12 and #13 are still the worst deviation holes for me in the game (aside from BP #1), it has been like that for a long long time... #12 is always a direction deviation and #13 is always a distance deviation.... and then you hit #14 where anything can happen.  But it has been much worse since the move back to the tips.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 6:47 AM

On a side note, I do recall a thread or conversation with some one at WGT (perhaps it was the MR. himself) that the more spin you place on a shot the more you expose yourself to the possibility of greater deviations.

That is something to keep in mind. Almost everyone plays backspin on most iron shots.

Thanks for that.

RSS