Tue, Jan 25 2011 4:37 AM (9 replies)
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Mon, Jan 10 2011 2:42 PM

What is the object of a 'Blitz' Round?

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:30 AM

In the MAIN MENU, click on Explore Courses then See All Courses.  From there you can select one of the 4 courses you can play in stroke play practice mode.  Just select Stroke Play and go from there.  Oakmont will look different...you will see a MAIN MENU for the USGA Championship Zone, there, select Play Single Player and it will take you to a screen that looks like the other 3 courses which are St. Andrews, Bethpage Black and Kiawah Island. 

Joey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 4:56 AM

You can also compete against your tier and practice at the same time by playing the Weekly Unlimited tournaments. There are 2 every week, 1  18  and 1  9, and you can play them as often as you want. It's a good way to learn the courses and since you get 10 strokes per hole you can chip into and out of bunkers, hit into roughs on purpose, putt back and forth and so on. Just don't make the last putt and it won't be recorded and that doesn't hurt you.  GL

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 12:02 PM

YankeeJim:
    Just don't make the last putt and it won't be recorded and that doesn't hurt you.  GL

Quit before reaching the stroke limit on the last hole.  I know, because while playing a rated round I began to lose hope...instead of starting over I began practicing my chips on the last hole...not realizing the game would end and post my score, even if I did not hole out.  I posted my highest 9 hole score ever that day (smile). 

Joey

EDIT: Don't do this when playing against another player.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 12:19 PM

Joeyola:
    Don't do this when playing against another player.
    Joeyola:

YankeeJim:
    Just don't make the last putt and it won't be recorded and that doesn't hurt you.  GL

Quit before reaching the stroke limit on the last hole.  I know, because while playing a rated round I began to lose hope...instead of starting over I began practicing my chips on the last hole...not realizing the game would end and post my score, even if I did not hole out.  I posted my highest 9 hole score ever that day (smile). 

Joey

EDIT: Don't do this when playing against another player.

because that will open a WHOLE new can of worms you really dont want to deal with

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 1:18 PM

gsoup:
    because that will open a WHOLE new can of worms you really dont want to deal with

LOL-shhhhh, don't say the Q word.  :-)

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Jan 11 2011 2:53 PM

YankeeJim:
    LOL-shhhhh, don't say the Q word.  :-)

Oops!!!  I forgot there are players that have not been here as long as us (0;\

Joey

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Mon, Jan 24 2011 1:55 PM

Thanks Joey and everyone for their replies.  I'm an idiot and eventually figured it out How To just practice. :)  But can anyone help me with my "St. Andrews 1st Hole" question I just posted and what does "Blitz" mean?

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 12:22 AM

Blitz is a Multiplayer 'Closest to the Hole' Game.

Its fast fun and if you Ace a hole (Hole In One) you BLITZ (doubles your score) the other players scores.

Now I have a question.... whats the Q word?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 25 2011 4:37 AM

SHRUDE:
    Now I have a question.... whats the Q word?

LOL-It's something that describes a beat-to-death-never-gonna-change subject about leaving a game before the end.  ;-)

RSS