Forums

Help › Forums

Tough-It-Out VT event: St Andrews

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 2 2015 11:43 AM (92 replies)
  • DaniUnchained
    44 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2015 1:21 AM

I've played all the round and when on 18 i forgot to take the screenshot! Should be possible to take it on other holes too, i remembered on 17 and then right after i tap in on 18 it came back :(:(

I'll post the scorecard anyway, i know it won't count but i hope i'm still in the race for the longest put from the first round.... On the second i birdied on the 1st hole from 11 ft and then i missed something like 10 put from 10 to 15 ft for inches.. some right some left... Worst was a 70ft on 14th that stopped 3 inches to the right of the hole ....

• MatildaIgaly
    1,822 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2015 9:36 AM

Just finished 2nd round with a 73. Double on 17th with 20-22 mph headwind and two balls in ruff and then lagged out max(ball way left of green). Flop and 2 putts for a double. Yikes!

Still fun though and keep up the good job Corwyn.

• HoylakeHunter
    904 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2015 7:41 AM

fun comp,thanx organisers and sponsors.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Aug 22 2015 3:55 PM

jeffacer62:
    Wow thats some impressive S/Shots and summary. You must have plenty time on your hands lol

Actually, not nearly enough time, lol!  (as witnessed by the fact it takes several days to get to a reply to your post!)

I'm really just including different ways of doing the screenshots as examples to try and make it easier for everyone to know what's needed.

The round description is something I've done for Tough-It-Out for a while now: I take the notes and capture the replays as I play. I find it helps me slow down and really enjoy the round: TIO has always felt the closest to real golf there is on here, and by taking the time to record the details it feels as if I'm experiencing the round much more and considering the shot choices more fully. And savoring each round, even if it takes longer to play (and a damn long time to post) makes my WGT golf more about quality rather than quantity, lol!

It's also about transparency: I can't video record a full round without massive CPU overload and meter craziness, so the many replays (url grabbed very quickly after the shot and pasted into TextEdit) are an attempt to at least put the round on record if anyone cared to question its authenticity, or see how sub-par rounds are possible even with this gear (with some luck and decent course-management).

Nicole161106:
    Corwyn, is it possible you could get in touch with WGT and get them to implement rules so that there is no need for computer illiterates like myself to try and find out how to post umpteen scorecards, screen images etc?

I really enjoy playing these comps and appreciate the effort you put in, surely WGT could find a way round this?

Hi Nicole,

Believe me, I've tried. We've known about problems with the Restricted-Club programming since early spring, after sporadic reports from players about accidentally keeping certain clubs equipped. Shoe set up a test event and I enlisted several volunteers to test it. We reported the clear findings to WGT and requested a fix, making the strong case that a properly-functioning Restricted-Club feature (for any club sets, not just Starters) would add a lot of interest to the gameplay, and potential revenue, since players may (re-)invest in clubs they enjoyed using on their way up, in addition to providing other players with a chance to feel they were on a level playing field with more experienced players.

Shoe was not hopeful (back in May) that this will ever get on the priority list for fixing, which is extremely frustrating. And we've kept asking!!! My hope has been that if enough players request it, WGT might reassess. Maybe we need hpurey on the case!

It seems absurd to me that they invested the considerable programming time in the first place to add this feature (almost 2 years now, IIRC) and have never gotten to any of the fine-tuning to make it work properly.

-----------------

@ Liz, Mags, Ian, Roidrage: thanks for the vids and the time references. Very helpful!

alcaucin:
    Hope that screenshot is ok C ?  ( if not , got the 4 pics )

Yes, that Greenshot fits the bil, Andyl. Just what was asked for. Thanks!

mmyers0:
    ...and I just realized my bag shot doesn't actually show the bag.

Aaargghh... :(

Andivo:
    I hope that the screen shots go well this time.

Er... no, Andivo. I'm sorry... :(

We don't need to see Driver or Putter screenshots. They're not the problem with the programming. 

The 4 clubs that we need to see are the 3W, 3H, SW, and LW (but if you're able to capture a Hover over the bag, then one shot will suffice if it shows 3H or 3W in the avatar's hand, with the 3W or 3H hovered over -- just seeing 'SW' and 'LW' in the bag is enough to prove that fancy wedges weren't used).

Pity, sounds like a very good round. 

DaniUnchained:
    but i hope i'm still in the race for the longest put from the first round

Yes, of course. As mentioned before, putting is not the problem with the programming, so any stats reports from the rounds (matching scorecards and posted score) are acceptable.

MatildaIgaly:
    Still fun though and keep up the good job Corwyn.

Thank you Mati!

HoylakeHunter:
    fun comp,thanx organisers and sponsors.

You're welcome Hoylake. Thanks for the clear 4 greenshot pics.

-------------------------------

FYI: Special Prizes Stats spreadsheet for special prizes for St Andrews TIO event has been updated and can be found here

• OleFernando
    162 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2015 4:02 AM

• FluffyGreens
    422 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2015 10:00 AM

Remembered screen shot this round  -_-

• Ianzzz
    6,348 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2015 1:14 PM

Second round and still fairly average really. Some silly misses but that is the joy of the starters, it does make each shot important and none for granted.

77 - Final hole/stats/clubs

Thanks Corwyn

Ian

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2015 9:23 PM

Meh.  My poor short game and abominable putting carried over from Oakmont in R1.

MUCH better the second time around.  Unfortunately, I had very makeable putts on the last two holes that I blew with an early click on 17 and an inexcusably bad read on 18.  I'd have the pre-Corwyn lead had those gone down.  Still the low round of the week so far, and it felt good to get in under par.

Videos are here.  My favorite hole was the 14th in R2.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2015 9:59 AM

Great round Ben!

The 14th was a beauty, that second shot in particular, a great reward for taking the risk up the left fairway (but it sure came close to OB!). I was very impressed that you still managed birdie on #5 after unluckily finding the green in 2 in such a tricky spot.

And thanks for the link to the videos. I've scanned all 4 of them (including Oakmont) and found club proof in each (it was amusing to see how WGT makes it impossible to show the equipment at the close of the round, only the profile info). I've added your info to the stats sheet too so that's now fully up-to-date with just 2 days left for both tourneys.

--------------

If any other players are planning to post screenshots/cards etc, would you please note deadline of midnight Thursday 8/27 (i.e. 24hrs after close of tourneys)! Also, it would help me to know now if you're sitting on cards etc from R1 and planning to post both rounds together (as Ben has done).

Thanks!

• Vaibhav5viv
    886 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2015 2:05 PM

Hi Corwyn,

Here are my cards for both rounds. RD2 in next page

RD1:

RSS