Wed, Sep 2 2015 11:43 AM (92 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 3:57 PM

DaniUnchained:
    My score, i hope is ok

Yes! Bag hover exactly as requested. 

Zayante:
    looks like I came up short on the club screen shots as I only did one thinking it was sufficient. Not being a reader does not help, I glanced at the first message then jumped in to play ... then when I got back here to post I see the multiple images. So you need like one of each club + an iron?

Sadly, yes... this doesn't quite work. One club screen shot would be sufficient, so long as it showed the 3W distance rating, and the 3H in the avatar's hand (see my example on first page). You got the Bag Hover very nicely, but we don't need to see Irons selected (as they're not the problem with WGT's programming).

So, either a Bag shot Hover with 3W distance rating showing and 3H selected as club-in-hand... OR 4 screenshots showing 3W, 3H, SW, LW if Hover not used.

Andivo:
    I apologize for having forgotten the screenshot of 18.

Pity :(

sinisavrc1:

Sorry, S, that's not what we need for club proof. Please see opening page posts for screenshots wanted. And note, that we'd need stats too for prize-eligibility.

mmyers0:
    I hope this is sufficient.

Perfect! Thank you mm.

toothsayer:
    I did better than my Oakmont posting but forgot to hover over the wedges.

https://youtu.be/q_6DZiLjYDg

Highlight was a 31 ft birdie on 11. I understand if that is not in the running because of not posting all the necessary screenshots. Thanks for hosting these tournaments. Hoping for better scores and fully compliant postings in Sept.  

Daniel, although you didn't hover over the clubs, you ran through them up and down, which was enough for me to see the yardage ratings for each and the 'WGT Starters' symbol, so proof of clubs is satisfied.

Please note, if you are going to video the entire conclusion of the round, including your final putts, then it's better to show all your stats at the end, so that they are actually final. I've accepted them as shown in the video (and added the last 2 putts with an estimate). Your 31.1ft birdie on 11 does get accepted because it shows in the Stats screen you tabbed through... but it's already been surpassed by a 36.8ft putt by DaniUnchained. Sorry!

ColumbusStorm:

Russ: were you trying to fool me with the tinypic embedded version. Glad to have found your postimg one as well at a legible size, lol!

And a bit surprised you didn't do a bag hover: I thought you invented this! Or at least first suggested it to me for Tough-It-Out events.

• thegoosebag
    2,264 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:06 PM

just out of curiosity was there a lot more cards,stats screen shots etc submitted when the TIO was included on the main play screen,excluding the norm who played when it it was just in the community based forum when you had to search for it yourself?

never been able to grasp the screen saving issue etc although played most of the events this year,had loads of help but just hopeless,still enjoy this comp loads and just play for the enjoyment of it

thanks to corwyn and all the sponsors

cheers    mark.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2015 4:15 PM

Mark,

I think there may have been more cards/stats etc submitted when it was just available through the forums. All the data is in different tabs in this TIO Stats Spreadsheet, so you can compare the different months.

Since June, when the tourney was listed in the main Game Client, I suspect some players think there's no point in submitting cards when they're far down the leaderboard... without realizing that prizes will only be awarded for this event to those that do post in the forum.

I've posted a number of How-To videos and links on the opening pages, so do take a look and see if the instructions you need are there.

Finally, thanks for the appreciative comments!

Cheers, Corwyn

--------------------

Stats spreadsheet for special prizes for St Andrews TIO event here

P.S. I'm going to add sponsorship for 2 sleeves, one for best GIR and one for Closest Ave. Distance to Pin.

• jeffacer62
    122 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 9:58 AM

I didn't relize we had to do the screenshots. I had a good score but then after playing rd 1 I checked what are the prizes only to know then I had to do the shots. I don't know where to post them as never done screenshots before. I guess that I'm out of the running now. Would rd 2 shots help or both rds were needed ?

Next time I will check prizes first.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 10:33 AM

Sorry Jeff, I wish we didn't have to ask for proof of clubs. It's not that we suspect you or others of cheating, it's just that the Restricted Club programming doesn't work as it should and the last TIO event was marred by certain players using illegal clubs. And R2 screenshots won't be enough I'm afraid, unless it's to show Stats for Longest Putt (a prize that's not aggregated over both rounds).

It would be unfair to award prizes or even ask for sponsorships without setting some conditions. I've tried to be as flexible as possible in asking for proof, and had Shoe include a link to the Forum thread in the tourney description (although a live link is not possible, apparently). 

Unfortunately, there will always be players that play the round first before reading about prizes. Hopefully, that's a lesson that gets learned once only though. 

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 11:52 AM

Corwyn:

Russ: were you trying to fool me with the tinypic embedded version. Glad to have found your postimg one as well at a legible size, lol!

And a bit surprised you didn't do a bag hover: I thought you invented this! Or at least first suggested it to me for Tough-It-Out events.

Not sure what you are talking about tinypic and postimg. I tried your recommended postimg but I could not get the image to display in the forum so I went back to my tinypic and was able to display the image in the forum. I was also using a different browser (FireFox) than my usual Comodo  Dragon.

I do not see any reference to my postimg attempt.

I remembered to hover over the bag for my last 2 green shots, but was not going to waste more time redoing the previous 3 green shots.

After I completed my round I realized I may not have proved I was using a starter putter, so I did a replay of my final shot and took a screen shot of that too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recommend not requiring any screenshots (proof of maybe not cheating) and therefore forget about all prizes until WGT fixes their club restriction bugs.

I would play just for the fun of it and see how I could do against others.

• ROCKGIBSON
    118 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 3:55 PM

i tried to play ....loaded my clubs with all starters and it just kept saying no....equipment pop up says i have to load all starters....and they are loaded..am i doing something wrong..rock

• ROCKGIBSON
    118 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 4:00 PM

i cant get it to let me play...and my clubs are loaded correctly

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 6:03 PM

ROCKGIBSON:

i cant get it to let me play...and my clubs are loaded correctly

You have loaded Tour starter clubs. These are not the same as starters.

• TopCatTimbo
    1 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2015 6:14 PM

WOW It must be more than obvious there's an issue with this event, I also get the same message saying my clubs are wrong, yet they are EXACTLY as requested! THIS DOES NOT WORK!

RSS