Forums

Help › Forums

Information about release 7/30/2015

Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:16 PM (142 replies)
  • Arrons1977
    144 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:33 PM

One of my friends and I played several games today and when we used reverse view, it showed it from the tee box to the green. It didn't matter if we were 60 yards away or 10 yards away. If we were not  on the green, we got reverse view from the tee box to the green. I too have decided not to play any ranked games until the site fixes all the problem and especially with the averages. I've worked to hard to let them go back up and start over again, not going to waste my money or time. Also I am suppose to play in a bracket tournament this week end and with all the problems that have occurred, I will not be playing in it other than playing the first hole and them forfeit the tournament.

• harrybr549
    470 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:44 PM

i have played over 2000 rds as a t l

• irisheyez5
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:05 PM

I  played  in bracket tourny  shot -3  not a great round  but my avg shot from 59.55   to 62.23  camera zoom non existent  .   speechless  by the  constant glitches in this game  fix one get 3 more ....  when will there be  some compensation to  the people that spend thousands of dollars on this  site ?  

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:38 PM

I think the new Tier system is great.  I'm not really fussed about the average.  We all just have to start from scratch again,  I think that's a good thing as in something to work for again compared to just sitting there playing games and going nowhere... within reason.

Just saying

-Roger

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:52 PM

Clearly from my posts I (probably) don't agree with the new tier.  Still not 100% clear on it but if red cc tees are indeed allowed it negates what I saw as a good opportunity to bring on real interested people - 200 real RRs after TL and pro shop open if saturate that with say a 58.  Anyway seems not the case, and in fairness L90 equipment is so good, but choice is a mental thing too and L103 is not a carrot, IMO. Loads on that elsewhere and I get some long timers may  disagree with me.  

In fairness (and it still needs looking at quickly and carefully) the mini map seems to v usually be  allowing the view you need - a good work around...at least one hole at Andys B9 it never so the checking is needed.

BUT IMHO the meter seems as smooth as it has ever been, and the putting dots seem fixed, and that's a huge thing finally done well.  I was going to leave it a while before I knew about the mini map, and even then after it failed at Andys B9 on one hole.  

Looking generally though it has been a pleasurable reminder of how much fun it can be, whether it goes well or not, if the putting dots just work....and they seem to again  100%, IMHO.  

EDIT: Not all in my CC reporting so favourably.....for balance.

2,111 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 5:53 PM

While I do applaud the new tier levels!  Geeze come on now guys!!!  My average went from 57.56 to a whopping 59.99 and I never even play a round???  This seems, much like getting robbed in the middle of the night!!!

Frankly, this is the kinda thing that has set many fans off in the past and can only lead to folks going to a new level of pissed-off and I'm on of them if this doesn't et fixed!!! And soon!!!  Why struggle and play your best,  only to have your hard word take away.  Geeze, kinda reminds me of a pick-pocket, or the IRS!  lol

Please get this fixed and soon guys, or you will have all kinds of pissed-off legends and Champion want-a-bees at your doorstep!!!

Phil  aka., Coyote

• Aboogaba
    20 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:00 PM

Nobody is gnna fix anything.....this site is a sickening joke toatly unplayable and have been for 3 years.        Ive had it and fed up with this ridiculus garbage ,..man,..what a waste of money.... nothing  works, and its nt going to either.  The shot meter never worked, I might as well sit back and let this stupid game play itself and make its own shots., cause that's what is doing,.   Why should I have to click on anything??? 

This game takes real golf and turns it to garbage.  When you play real golf  you don't have to worry about someone running up behind you and kick your club just as you're hitting the ball.  This game is evil and destroys the golf reality.  Now when you are out on the real course making a shot, you will subconsciously be expecting   some evil thing to ruin your shot as you are making it, the same way wgt does, thus running your game and your good time.   . Now the idea of golf sickens me ,  because of wgt.   Hey... thnks wgt, , thanks for taking my money and turning  golf to garbage , meaningless , invalid foolishness.

• StingerWelsh
    1,021 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:03 PM

Arrons1977:
    I've worked to hard to let them go back up and start over again

It seems that the scoring avgs were a one time adjustment...mine went up after one game, but went down or stayed the same on subsequent games.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:09 PM

What about saturation at tl ? 

I was 70 games from reaching it, what now ? 

p.s got a nice bounce from 59.3 to 61.7 

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 6:35 PM

alcaucin:

MBaggese:
    don't care about the average going up.

MBaggese:
    WGT finally was implementing a "real" average...but then after a 29 and a 30?...it stayed at 56...oh well, back to false "averages" I guess.

Yea Mike, WGT missed an obvious opportunity there..

They're getting better and better in business. I'd love to see the numbers of ranked rounds played statistic in the past year. I'm pretty sure it went so low that a new strategy to invite players to play more (so use balls, so buy credits...) I'm dealing with the costumer service about disconnections on 18 holes practice solo, always in the back 9. Funny how it never happens in a multiplayer game when you can come back in the lobby and restart where you've been disconnected. In a solo practice game, you have to restart from the 1st tee, so play more, so use balls....so buy credits.

Crazy how you guys are more and more creative!!! See how many rounds I've played in the past month, picture of the interest I start having for this game that I loved. At least no issue with my avg ;)

I'll play a last event in September, then will just be around for couple of rounds with friends and laugh reading about wgt's strategy.

As I start all chats in the game: 'Have fun all!"

BTW, Cameras are also missing at Chambers Bay Mike, at least in practice rounds, but you have mulligans to re-play the shot, so use balls, so...   ;)

RSS