Forums

Help › Forums

Information about release 7/30/2015

Tue, Aug 18 2015 8:16 PM (142 replies)
  • WGTShamWow
    906 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:16 PM

Hi All,

Regarding the move in average that some TL have seen. Since there was no higher tier to move up to, there was a different calculation to your average. Now that there is a new tier to move up to, the calculation has changed which may have caused a higher average for some players. This change to average became visible after the next ranked round was played. Hope this helps explain things and will put this info in the first post as well.

All the Best,
    WGTShamWow 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:18 PM

MBaggese:
    Unsure, but here's two shots.

The 8th at CB is missing the fwy cam. That's the hole where it takes 10 tries to get the green reverse view.

And AS chat is a mess. Works OK if you watch for when the cursor is in the box and blinking. The way the views switch now, the chat cursor comes and goes. After the last putt on 9 the chat completely disappears with zero time to even say nb. 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:19 PM

WGTShamWow:
    Now that there is a new tier to move up to, the calculation has changed which may have caused a higher average for some players.

WGTShamWow:
    Hope this helps explain things and will put this info in the first post as well.

So CC red tees count ???????????

WGTShamWow:
    -Tour Champion is an invite only tier after Champion and will require quite a lot of playing to get to.

Surely it should be based on just skill at least that 1.....Why not make it an average from only certain comps or be more elitist if like.

All I see is a daft red tee chase up there with the clash, and the now very "top" tier above descriptor translates to not thought about it properly yet?

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:27 PM

42 average for champion and 35 for tour champion.

What I dont understand is how someone with only 4 weeks on wgt can be a legend with 56.56 avg and only 114 ranked games so my above statement isnt that out of line.Guess they just good.

• derekortt
    656 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:30 PM

any chance of allowing the champion and tour champion tiers the option to play for real money? Maybe a cash conversion of credits?

• DECDEV
    749 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 3:31 PM

REALLY  bad updates today cameras and new tiers and the average mess up .

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:00 PM

DECDEV:
    average mess up

I don't care about the average going up...I was hoping after my 28 round and seeing my average to to 56, would be that WGT finally was implementing a "real" average...but then after a 29 and a 30?...it stayed at 56...oh well, back to false "averages" I guess.

• micheldess
    819 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:14 PM

Just for information

Before the maintenance, my average was 57.30, after i play a rank round score 31, my average goes to 59.49

Now, i just play a second rank round, score again 31 and my average still remain at 59.49

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:14 PM

MBaggese:
    don't care about the average going up.

MBaggese:
    WGT finally was implementing a "real" average...but then after a 29 and a 30?...it stayed at 56...oh well, back to false "averages" I guess.

Yea Mike, WGT missed an obvious opportunity there..

• garygun
    80 Posts
    Fri, Jul 31 2015 4:29 PM

Nice timing with camera changes. Had to play final round of Glenmorangie Challenge without zoom camera view I have been using forever. Totally threw my aim for a loop with 30 mph winds. It took me a lot of rounds/time/balls to finally hit a good first round, (with no illusions of winning), and have a chance to make the top 70 and maybe win enough for a sleeve or 2 of Callaways. Then this crap. WGT sure knows how to take the enjoyment out of the game.

RSS