Slow Meter Balls changing speed

Fri, Mar 24 2017 4:57 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2015 6:35 AM

WGTadmin2:

Fatdan :)  nice name

The meter accelerating (racing) is built into all the clubs on purpose, except the putters which we removed this affect a long time ago.  The club's meter speed attribute affects how fast the meter will speed up as it approaches the "ding".  So from the moment you let go and start the down swing the meter accelerates as it approaches the "ding"  You should not expect the clubs (other than putters) to be a constant speed the whole down swing.  

The reason have acceleration is to better simulate the affect of power and "over swinging" on your accuracy to "ding"  So the if you consistently only swing 80-90% of the full power you should be more accurate than if you use 100% power all the time.  using only 80% power means there is less distance to the ding to accelerate and therefore easier to time.

I hope that helps.

Above from THIS THREAD

Bluesteelie:
    Hello everyone, Im so frustrated with my slow meter 3.5 callaway ball changing speed to 2.5 ball while in a round, It will change from slow meter ball to a way faster ball.

We all get at least this much, and just deal with it.  Some days better than others but that's it.  Not sure if that is exactly what you man?  Just have to watch the meter and click where we want, not count 234, and click.  I don't have any issue with that even if it frustrates from time to time. It does not prevent plenty of good rounds.  I would add my putter is generally fine though............maybe twitch some vids if more than that ! 
  • SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2015 7:38 AM

Jimbog1964:
    The meter accelerating (racing) is built into all the clubs on purpose,

Just to read this fires me up to my "dangerous zone". It makes me want to slip into my domatrix outfit, fly up to "Frisco" and introduce to every SOB at WGT my dark skill-set. Stripes. Many stripes. Believe me this disgusting, evil "helper" would be eliminated.

~SP~ 

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 1:47 PM

Absolutely!!  I was about to make a post about it when I happened upon yours.  It has been happening to me for a very long time but couldn't understand why.  I allowed myself to blame the faster speed on me being a poor player and I had lost my touch.  I often play for 5 or 6 consecutive hours and almost without fail, after 3 or 4 hours this occurs.

It's like the game client or server get overheated or tired.  I don't know but does someone have a cure or fix?

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 2:02 PM

"The issue is likely the player's computer being clogged up with a ton of temp internet files, cookies, browser history, a bunch of applications running in the background, and other crap all keeping his computer CPU to busy to play the meter smoothly".

This quote is nonsense.  I clear my Cache, my files, and my browsing history every single day and it continues to happen.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 2:14 PM

"Using only 80% power means there is less distance to the ding to accelerate and therefore easier to time" 

Very logical but to bad it is unrealistic. No one can afford to give up that much distance.

• Changnoi43
    80 Posts
    Tue, Oct 6 2015 7:53 PM

I have had the same problem : 0 . Just to throw another wrench into the  mix, the alternating speed also happens on my iPad. Have not discovered a pattern as to when it happens yet.

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Fri, Mar 24 2017 4:57 AM

I know this is an old post but it is still absolutely true.

Quote..."Based on my daily playing experience over the last 3 years, the assumption WGT manipulates the meter speed to cause a spike in the speed is utter nonsense."

You and Donald Trump must live in the same make believe world.  There is no doubt that the meter speed changes in the middle of playing games.  Too many times have I gone through 5 or 6 holes with a 90% "Ding Rate" only to have the speed change and the meter becomes impossible to play with.

The only "Fix" that I have found (And it doesn't ALWAYS work) is that the very first time you notice a difference in your meter is to shut down your internet and any other programs for a few minutes and start over fresh.

• PAGES
RSS