Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club Passes

Mon, Mar 20 2023 10:16 PM (69 replies)
  • christoph213
    4 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 11:47 AM

I am fairly new to WGT and very new to the CC community here on WGT. I am having a couple different issues with my account but one specifically relates to Country Clubs and the passes we use to contribute to our clubs. I realize that we are awarded one pass to use every 12 hours, but like I am sure many of you do, when I play WGT, I usually play for a few hours every couple days or so, not once every 12 hours, so if I wanted to contribute to the CC more than one tourneys worth of points, I had to purchase additional club passes from the pro shop. I, as I also believe some of the other players will do,  will sometimes quit a tournament before the last hole if my score is not very good, as I do not want to bring my average down too much if I do not have to. Now, when you quit a tournament early, it states on the confirmation link that if you quit, the club pass you were using would not award any points to your club. Obviously, you must complete the event for the points to be awarded. Now, that is all fine and good. I would not expect it to be any different. The problem I have is that the pass, which in most cases I paid for, and which was unused for any points since I bailed early, is forfeited also. It does not reset for you to use again, even though it was never used in the first place. 

Now, because I am not the most financially organized individual in the world, it took me quite a few instances of this happening for me to notice that the 37 credits (CC pass price) was not being redeposited into my account and neither were the number of passes resetting. I think that this is B.S. Relatively minor B.S., but after my estimate of 30 tournaments over the last few weeks where I had lost a pass that was not used, it adds up to over 900 credits, and since I do not earn credits by playing with enough frequency to be relevant, I purchased those credits with my hard earned American greenbacks. Regardless of the actual financial impact, or lack there of, I think it is a crappy policy on the part of the developers and what makes it even crappier in my book is that they do not tell you. They tell you that you did not earn any HP for your club, but fail to mention that you also give up the pass and receive nothing in return.

Maybe I am ranting a bit, perhaps because the other issues I am dealing with and the response of WGT's customer and member services has been less than satisfactory, to say the least.

Does anyone else realize that this is the policy? Does anyone else care? Has anyone had a different experience with the club passes? Or am I the only player who quits tournaments early and the rest of the players will ride out the round till the end, even after splashing two in a row off the 10th tee at Congressional or five putting the massive roller coaster green on the 5th at St. Andrews?

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 2:21 PM

Maybe you were ranting but one thing i read before i had to switch off was the bit where you withdraw before the last hole if your score is no good!. As it may bring your average down!

Well please dont withdraw, and take the good with the bad and you will find your natural average.....and if you have a bad score, until your rounds are saturated, then your average will go up not down!

Thats if i read it right!

Keep at it, its fun, and i run a club and dont like seeing WD on leaderboards as i think your owner wont as well. Time for WD comes if you shooting 56 and your on 8th  in a 9 hole RG ;-)

Bubbs

• Rabbit274
    1,178 Posts
    Fri, Jun 12 2015 3:01 PM

Simple solution - play the par 5s with your pass - score is irrelevant as it doesn't affect your average. It will also gain you a few extra points if you play the full 18.

But as Bubbs says - don't WD from anything - when you reach saturation for your tier, only the good scores will have any effect on your average.

Bill

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 9:43 AM

@Christoph: There's only a few instances where a pass is worth to be used, much more bought.

When you're playing the one game for the CDP, you get around 1000 points or more. Any other strokeplay only contributes 150 - 500 XPs, CTTH and Blitz even less.

And, any CC pass payed for will set the clock back to 12 hours, and eventually you will never get your free pass! This is not crap but set up voluntarily!

Having in mind that this one if not THE cash cow of the company, we should use it accordingly (or not).

I for one use one free pass per day to put the CDP points on my CC's account. A level 4 CC may need more, but I doubt it.

bubbsboy:
    Well please dont withdraw,

QFT!

A higher score may raise the average in the first place, but in the end (tierwise) only the best scores count - anything else is kicked out when saturation joins the game.

So, post your scores and practice the courses to the end - it means no harm at all!

• christoph213
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2015 10:27 AM

alosso:

@Christoph: There's only a few instances where a pass is worth to be used, much more bought.

When you're playing the one game for the CDP, you get around 1000 points or more. Any other strokeplay only contributes 150 - 500 XPs, CTTH and Blitz even less.

And, any CC pass payed for will set the clock back to 12 hours, and eventually you will never get your free pass! This is not crap but set up voluntarily!

Having in mind that this one if not THE cash cow of the company, we should use it accordingly (or not).

I for one use one free pass per day to put the CDP points on my CC's account. A level 4 CC may need more, but I doubt it.

bubbsboy:
    Well please dont withdraw,

QFT!

A higher score may raise the average in the first place, but in the end (tierwise) only the best scores count - anything else is kicked out when saturation joins the game.

So, post your scores and practice the courses to the end - it means no harm at all!

Thank you for the valuable info. I was of the opinion that as a CC member, I would want to always use a pass to earn the points for the club. The rules and regs do not really explain the details of how things really function. So, what is CDP? And just to clarify, the 200 to 500 points I have been getting for the club when I finish a round, that level is not significant enough to the club to be worth buying passes? (As a side note, Member Services did refund the bulk of the passes I had lost after WDing from the tournaments, so while they do not seem to be about to change the policy, I guess it will not matter much since I will not be quitting them any more)

I also figured that every score was used to determine your average. I moved up to master before I had reached level 48, and I felt like evry time I clocked a round I had to be right around my average, or I could possibly drop back down. What you are saying is that in order to gain the next teir, they are looking for a certain number of rounds below a particular score, regardless of how many you also shot above that number. (foe example, let's say that to get to Master you have to shoot 50 rounds below par, and once you hit that number, you move up, even if you have also shot 100 rounds above par during the same period. Is that the basic idea?)

Again, thanks for the heads up. It is appreciated.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Sun, Jun 14 2015 10:50 AM

Christopher:

First the easy one:

As a Master you need 40 ranked round as a Master before you get to Tour Master and your average has to be 63.00 or under.   WGT calculates your average based on your best 40 rounds as Master.

As for CC XPs:

As mentioned above you get 1 free pass then every time you use one you get another free one 12 hours later.  What was being pointed out by Alosso was if you do not want to spend money on CC Passes there is one great way to make your CC a lot of points. 

This is how. 

1) Make sure to play every day to maintain your consecutive days played

2) Once you have a string of consecutive days played WGT rewards you with a bonus XPs for keeping that string alive (my consecutive day streak is 882 days). The bonus for more than 6+ days in a row is 880 XPs.

3) WGT starts a new day at midnight UTC - I do not know what time zone you are in but in Pacific Time Zone that is 5 pm PDT.  Therefore, in my case, the first round I play that ends after 5 pm gives me an extra 880 xps.

4) Your CC gets the same XPs you do when you use a pass, so you want to make sure you use a pass on your round that gets you the 880 consecutive day bonus.

Here is what I do using just 1 (in my time zone there is no way to use 2) free pass a day.

All day long I do not use my free pass. At about 3:30 PDT I and 3 of my CC friends start an 18 hole Alternate Shot game. We are pretty even so the round typically goes 18 and sometimes a hole or 2 more before a team wins. We insure the round ends after 5pm PDT by taking our time if need be.

This month my daily average CC XPs contributed to The Peoples Club is 1,928. 

Even playing a CC 9 hole tourney using your free CC Pass would get me 180 for the tourney PLUS my score say 31 PLUS 880 for my bonus. That is 1,101. In my case, since my CC is above level 13 that is multiplied by 1.05 personal bonus for a total of 1,156 XPs. That is then multiplied again due to my CC level by 1.1 for a total contribution of 1,271 XP contribution.

You asked: Isn't the 200 - 500 XPs I earn for your CC worth it? 

My answer is: Get the 1,271 each day and then decide for yourself.

PS: In your first post you hinted that you may not play every day. Did you know that you can play a 1 hole practice "round" that takes under 2 minutes to keep your consecutive day streak going?

• Gtrrdr3
    19 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2015 4:33 PM

Very good info, thank you!!  In response to the first thread, and please help me, I was under the impression you could buy a pass in addition to the free pass my country club earned, so I did.  In my profile you could see 2 passes.  After I used that pass, I figured I would still have one in the hole.  Not the case.  Once my 12 hour recharge was up, I was back to 1 pass.  When I reached out to WGT, they gave me a "good faith pass," which ticked me off a little since it was clearly shown on my account log where I made the purchase.  After playing and using both passes,  again I was back to 1 pass.  Now, if we can only have one pass at a time, that's OK, my issue is I asked that very question to WGT but never received a clear answer.  If someone knows for sure, please let me know!!  As of now I feel I'm out 37 credits.  Thanks in advance!  

• Syxguns
    178 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 12:56 AM

Gtrrdr3:

Very good info, thank you!!  In response to the first thread, and please help me, I was under the impression you could buy a pass in addition to the free pass my country club earned, so I did.  In my profile you could see 2 passes.  After I used that pass, I figured I would still have one in the hole.  Not the case.  Once my 12 hour recharge was up, I was back to 1 pass.  When I reached out to WGT, they gave me a "good faith pass," which ticked me off a little since it was clearly shown on my account log where I made the purchase.  After playing and using both passes,  again I was back to 1 pass.  Now, if we can only have one pass at a time, that's OK, my issue is I asked that very question to WGT but never received a clear answer.  If someone knows for sure, please let me know!!  As of now I feel I'm out 37 credits.  Thanks in advance!  

The key here is to use your free pass first.  At the beginning of every game you have an option to purchase one so when you do not have a pass purchase it then.

Best time to use passes is at the start of a new day when you have a red exclamation point "!".  I've learned that playing a full 18 round will grant you more points, and the more that join you will give you even more points.

Another key is to make sure you have at least 5 consecutive days played for additional club points.  If you are on day 1 or 4 the points are not as much.

As far as purchasing passes, the only time I do that is if we have a club clash.  You do not really get that much in points for the club if you are not on the first game of the day with consecutive days played.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:45 AM

christoph213:
    I was of the opinion that as a CC member, I would want to always use a pass to earn the points for the club. The rules and regs do not really explain the details of how things really function. So, what is CDP? And just to clarify, the 200 to 500 points I have been getting for the club when I finish a round, that level is not significant enough to the club to be worth buying passes?

CDP (bonus) is "continuous days played" - rewarding players with an XP bonus up to 880. Edward explained the mechanics in detail.

Regarding MP play with passes, the way they do it is very rewarding for the CC - 4x 1900 XPs - but, OTOH, it's time consuming (up to two hours I guess) and bears a greater risk of a disconnection (and loss of points) than single play. Alas, a savvy way to stay a CC level leader!

And, the worth for the CC depends. In your case, IIRC, the CC levels provide you with more member slots - a possible legit reason (IMO) to invest some in the XP progress. My CC has 250 slots anyway, and from level 6 on there's been no "benefit" in sight which might justify any investment. I'm o.k. with 900 XPs a day.

And, looking at the Clashes' rules and prizes, there's no motivation at all for me and my brethren to invest any credits or money there!

christoph213:
    I also figured that every score was used to determine your average. I moved up to master before I had reached level 48, and I felt like evry time I clocked a round I had to be right around my average, or I could possibly drop back down. What you are saying is that in order to gain the next teir, they are looking for a certain number of rounds below a particular score, regardless of how many you also shot above that number. (foe example, let's say that to get to Master you have to shoot 50 rounds below par, and once you hit that number, you move up, even if you have also shot 100 rounds above par during the same period. Is that the basic idea?)

Your example is basically correct. The concept is a tad confusing in detail (we're all not used to "nonlinear algebra") and difficult to spot in the lower tiers because many advance before they grab the situation.

There's two main conditions to tier promotion:
    - a certain average (A) which drops from tier to tier (60.000 for Tour Legend),
    - a certain minimum no. of rounds (N) required, which rises from tier to tier (500 for TL).
    (reaching N has been named "saturation" by the users)

As a TP, A is 67.00, N is 25 to advance to Master.
    For you as a Master, it's 63.00 and 40 now for Tour Master.

The (unpublished) rule says, the average of your N best rounds in a tier must hit A for advancement. Reversing this rule, a player needs N scores which form the A average.

Below N, all scores count to the average. It will float up and down on bad and good scores. A fictional 100 will temporarily affect the average and you may think of quitting the game.
    I was referring to the post-saturated state. Then, really bad scores will fail to enter the saturated pool of N, and any good score will kick a former bad score out, highest first. So, that 100 will soon have no more effect on the average. Look back: Playing it or quitting it is meaningless to tiering.

To me, the wish "I want to decrease my average" is a tad off the target. It should be
    "I want to collect N scores resulting in an A average".

RSS