Forums

Help › Forums

Misleading GOLDEN PUTTER

Mon, Jun 8 2015 7:40 AM (43 replies)
  • alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:29 PM

MainzMan:
    Clashes are flawed at such an elemental level it beggars belief they were ever released.

Why were they released? Ka Ching!

I have made my views clear in the past about clashes, the inequity of skill vs participation, the unfairness of not weighting membership sizes,  and like so many offered constructive ideas to the company (both in the forums and in direct replies to emails from the WGT team).......yet they persisted with minor tweaks without really addressing the primary concerns.

In the first clash I played the first game, went to play another and saw it required a purchase of the CC pass - alarm bells set off and I have never played another since, nor have the majority of our CC, nor have I or will I purchase a pass now.

And this is true of many clubs, and the popularity is partly evident by having several clubs with a single digit membership coming in the top 100.

As for the OP and selling it, well covered and Alosso's answer is probably the most accurate regarding a reason.

Does it live up to the attributes, maybe not and perhaps as gimmicky as a gnome tee markers.

But I do find it interesting that some think it is a good concept (and hey, remember they all wrote into the company saying how wonderful the clashes were). The concept was good, just like most things on WGT, extremely poorly thought through as it was based on raising revenue.

Very short sighted IMO, imagine the ball use they could have generated by getting the majority of active players participating. Add to a total lack of incentives....you have a flop on your hands.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:33 PM

shovlovin:
    if you got any alternative ideas please submit

The Davis Cup tournament currently being played is a much better alternative, wgt could do something similar.

[

shovlovin:
    btw we won it with 175 members not bought it, get a grip.

A bit of a side issue but I just wondered, do all club owners keep the putter for themselves or do some pass it on to one of the players that helped them win? 

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:41 PM

MainzMan:

Just one last thing about clashes and then I'll eff off.

You could take the 10 very best players this game has ever seen, put then together in a club and enter them in a clash against a club with 200 members who are all crap.

And who do you think would win the clash?  I'm assuming those great players aren't going to be buying 50 passes per day.

Clashes have nothing to do with how well you can play, simply how often.  They even reward those who play badly with more CC experience, thus giving their CC a higher score.

Clashes are flawed at such an elemental level it beggars belief they were ever released.

+1 

why this was such an effing joke

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:43 PM
    1. Image result for banana golfNow, we got a golden driver .
      Doc :)
  • alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 3:13 PM

PaulTon:
    We wanted an inter CC event, not a 'buy a CC victory' auction.

It was a great idea but it got bastardized by WGT to make money from suckers.

QFT!

The CC vs. CC aspect is indeed unimportant. If a CC wants to win the event, the only target is to pile points for the overall leaderboard - the purpose of winning one CC/CC clash is solely to add 600 points - peanuts against the number neccessary for a win.

And after the event's finish, the individual results and players' contributions are purged.  Only the important part stays visible: The top 200(?) leaderboard.

Why is the putter misleading?

1) the price, which is meant to display "excellence" but only provokes greed,

2) the characteristics. Equipment advertized as "ultimative putter" with 9.0 precision, 8.0 forgiveness, 8.0 balance should not receive 100% critique from the private opinions that I read in the forum. Two players have commented positive in the Pro Shop, but none leaves the impression that he ever owned and played it. Except of @shovlovin, all former users seemingly have dropped it for good - "ultimative putter" NOT.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 3:24 AM

Seems the wand may not be all it was thought to be.  The resurrection wedges ("birdees from the most unlikely places") and the irons of invisibility ("your ball will appear alongside the hole") ,  will no doubt have anyone scoring low 50's and the holder of all three will be the master of death, and Pinehurst.

• extendinfra
    97 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 10:29 AM

You did not pay for it got it for zero credits just like the basic wgt equipments !!

Played 16hrs straight and bought the passes like a maniac not for self but also send it to every one around, which is NOT FREE OF COST but even they took precious time out and helped. So how in this world a reward earned is free of cost as basic equipment kit has no price tag involved on the other hand we have this Just as a showpiece wh !!

Yes if you are the one who land's shot 15 yards away from pin that balance kills the competition but miss the ding and so called displayed forg will end you up in misery as well.. Trying a putter or any rental period round club always make one go nuts no matter what you try on a personal history !!  We are not even allowed to sell back or reward it back also !!

But when you actually own it that is the timey when you start experimenting it as every hole on every course with varying wind plays diffrently and likeways evey put reacts likewise  !! That much precison eats up the forgivenesss, Its like Nitro boost ending up in Battery operated Golf course cart !

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jun 4 2015 11:26 AM

Well what we can say for sure is that 33% one putt is testament to to at least the putter being no magic wand.  No offense to the person who is pleased with it, but it does not make me feel I am losing out either, not that I ever chased the nonsense to start with of course.  

I think one person got inside the top 100 as the only person in his CC that played it, and he only played a few to see what crap it was......Utter tosh from A - Z sadly.  Good basic vision for a CC wide event yes, but ruined by clueless New Ideas Central trying to make all the $s in minute one in a v disrespectful way to the customer, and it got the turn out it deserved.

RSS