Help › Forums

Misleading GOLDEN PUTTER

Mon, Jun 8 2015 7:40 AM (43 replies)
  • stevepsheehan
    2,791 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 3:14 AM

MBaggese:
    You can't sell something beck, that you didn't buy

Agreed, you can't, but that just doesn't seem right to me.

The putter was a competition prize, and if you'd won a real putter, in a real competition, you could most certainly sell it if you wanted to.

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 3:46 AM

Look at the Pro Shop: From six categories, only one allows for sell-backs, that is "Clubs". And the Golden Calf - ehm - Putter is not a club but of the "CC reward" category.

IMHO, it was designed as a Golden Calf from the beginning: Shining golden, at a price that nobody would afford (oops, one did and wasn't content), a rarely offered gift (only one piece per clash) - it's a must-do-anything-to get-it!

At least, it fulfilled the company's expectations and earned some money, despite most of the competitions have been faulty and the prizes are rubbish from A to Z.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:16 AM

MBaggese:

You can't sell something beck, that you didn't buy...try selling your starter clubs....sell starter...get it?

polgies for the bd KB missing letters...but get your hed round this...simple really.

The slight difference being that you are given starter gear, this was a prize won largely by who paid the most in passes.....  WGT have been paid for it....  Not so simple really, though the answer will still be no.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:37 AM

MBaggese:
    polgies for the bd KB missing letters...

heheheee

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 4:43 AM

stevepsheehan:

MBaggese:
    You can't sell something beck, that you didn't buy

Agreed, you can't, but that just doesn't seem right to me.

The putter was a competition prize, and if you'd won a real putter, in a real competition, you could most certainly sell it if you wanted to.

Fair point....the 'free' max driver they give out to newbies..is saleable ?!?!

** further to 'shoes' premiss  ^^^^^^^^^

Andy ( eyes n ears everywhere )

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 6:49 AM

siggipj76:
    Yes wouldn't the autodingers just love that. 

Be more internet cafes starting up than I have had hot dinners with the current inability to regulate anything.  Have 25 at cabo as the norm just to get top 10........

The clash was daft anyway (has it finally gone after 5? flops ?).  If they actually allowed RL money for a 4000 credit pixel you could guarantee the "winning club" would be loaded with more brand new Tour Pros than a T Pro thing, and all with a zest for playing 48 hours straight.  Soon see where the location of the winner was just by googling mass shootings...

Really there is a huge argument for ideally there not being any RL money returns at all whilst they are unable to regulate it.  Be a shame for the genuine players that really do exist, and get a reward for a game they really enjoy, and also no point for  the tick turds grinding away at low pay rates.  If you are using an autodinger that's all it is, not skill, just a grind for a reasonably quantifiable outcome which is a low pay rate for a boring job.  Doing it properly, and holding your head high and winning is enjoyment - big difference.

I never saw anything WGT said about the putter as misleading.  I could not bring myself to be care about the daft clash, but the actual putter and fluffy dog tees got what you paid for if cared bearing in mind shop extreme poetic licence as anticipated.  

Mind you say all that, just persuade New Ideas Central there is a $ in it this afternoon, explain no tomorrow as usual, and who knows with this place:)  Trick is to get him smiling, and a banana is cheating.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 9:12 AM

Jimbog1964:
    and a banana is cheating.

No Jimbo, "banana" is the new "go to" answer for all of WGT's problems !

Doc :)

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 9:58 AM

ok guys, I do have the Golden Putter, after working 6 years in a Russian Salt mine, I saved for it lol, not really we won EVENT#5. First of all it has taken me 2 months to get used to having all meters , when you would normally have either a 10 or 15 meter only.

Also when you play guys and you make god putts, its oh fkn easy with the golden putter or when you miss its, you twat get rid of that crap. At the end of the day its a gift from an event we all wanted, an inter cc event which Shoe stuck his neck out for, only to be bombarded with criticism from the usual whingers, instead of constructive advice, No wonder agreat idea died a death, as always your Amigo Shov

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 10:25 AM

shovlovin:
    At the end of the day its a gift from an event we all wanted

Not sure if I was ever asked...................

shovlovin:
    ts oh fkn easy with the golden putter or when you miss its, you twat get rid of that crap

no comment..............

shovlovin:
    Shoe stuck his neck out for, only to be bombarded with criticism from the usual whingers, instead of constructive advice, No wonder agreat idea died a death, as always your Amigo Shov

Did shoe stick His neck out ?

Has anyone taken responsibility for the farce ?

It was never a great idea..btw

as Herbert Spencer pointed out..it's survival of the fittest..!! ??

AND if the clashes are a no go anymore THEN...the 'usual whingers' imparted constructive advice ?

EG:   jib em..

tiempo siempre mi compadre shov  :)))

Andy

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 10:43 AM

shovlovin:
    At the end of the day its a gift from an event we all wanted, an inter cc event

Speak for yourself with what we actually got.

shovlovin:
    Shoe stuck his neck out for, only to be bombarded with criticism from the usual whingers,

The criticism was constructive.  People wanted an event that had some degree of skill included, and the clash was not that.  

Now if you enjoyed it, were happy buying the passes great, but telling WGT is sucks is also an opinion, and we all gave the constructiv ereasons why.

shovlovin:
    No wonder agreat idea died a death

If it really has died it would only be because they could not persuade enough people to buy enough passes when passes bought was the only count that mattered.  OK they tried to change it a bit, but the idea was so flawed unfortunately.  Consumerism ($ count) is the only thing that would have stopped it, and if it really has stopped I am not surprised either.

RSS