Forums

Help › Forums

Misleading GOLDEN PUTTER

Mon, Jun 8 2015 7:40 AM (43 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 10:46 AM

shovlovin:
    At the end of the day its a gift from an event we all wanted, an inter cc event which Shoe stuck his neck out for, only to be bombarded with criticism from the usual whingers, instead of constructive advice, No wonder agreat idea died a death

We wanted an inter CC event, not a 'buy a CC victory' auction.

It was a great idea but it got bastardized by WGT to make money from suckers.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 11:01 AM

Great minds think alike Jim ?

We musta bin typing at the same time :)))

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 11:06 AM

I suspect that unfortunately it hasn't died.  It's just lurking, waiting on the golden wedges to be ready.

• shovlovin
    2,112 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 11:29 AM

Easy to make ill informed statements as you do guys, best of luck on all you do is put people down, if you got any alternative ideas please submit, btw we won it with 175 members not bought it, get a grip.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 11:42 AM

shovlovin:
    if you got any alternative ideas please submit,

Are you sure you want me to do that ? :))

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 12:47 PM

shovlovin:
    Easy to make ill informed statements as you do guys

The point is buying passes for a win as some might term it.  Others and righ, IMO, call it a farce.  You like going for it more power to you.  

shovlovin:
    btw we won it with 175 members not bought it, get a grip.

If buying the most passes you call a win more power to you - we will never agree.

shovlovin:
    if you got any alternative ideas please submit

Start with the current CC Forum Event, last one and work down from that to include all whilst still retaining some element of required skill, unlike the CC clash nonsense.

Got your point of view however mad I think it is, and I have mine however mad you think I am:)

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 12:49 PM

CC clashes have been a big steaming pile of shite from the very second they were (ill)-concieved.  There was never any attempt at matching a club against one with a similar number of members which, to anyone sane, would have been a big priority.  How is a club with 20 members supposed to compete against one with 100?  Or 150 or 200 even?

There's no use trying to defend them, they're utter bollox and the sooner WGT admits that and does away with them the better.

shovlovin:
    if you got any alternative ideas please submit,

Yes I have as a matter of fact.

Do absolutely nothing.  It would be better than bloody clashes.

Or, if we want real ideas:

Run some Stableford tournaments. 

Give us the option to play Texas Scramble.

Allow us to equip our bags so we can play 3 club tournaments without the risk of someone using 4 clubs by mistake.

Have a "See how far you can shove a golden putter up the butt of whoever once said, I know, let's have something called CC clashes competition".  *OK, that one may not really be feasible, given the price of those stupid putters and the probable reluctance of anyone to reuse one.

Genuine CC vs CC tournaments where only 2 clubs can enter.  Didn't they actually give this a try a while ago?  I think we even played in one : )

Seriously, there are a lot of things they could do to bring some more life into the game rather than keep rolling out money grabbing schemes clashes.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 1:51 PM

Just one last thing about clashes and then I'll eff off.

You could take the 10 very best players this game has ever seen, put then together in a club and enter them in a clash against a club with 200 members who are all crap.

And who do you think would win the clash?  I'm assuming those great players aren't going to be buying 50 passes per day.

Clashes have nothing to do with how well you can play, simply how often.  They even reward those who play badly with more CC experience, thus giving their CC a higher score.

Clashes are flawed at such an elemental level it beggars belief they were ever released.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, Jun 3 2015 2:16 PM

MainzMan:
    bollox

What a word.

Sometimes one can spend whole paragraphs trying to quantify what was known as the clash crap (or will it try to rise from it's pit again??).  Sometimes just one word encapsulates both the general lack of interest in playing it as well as it's dream of tricking passes for a poorly painted dog pixel.  

All the while one word was all that was needed:)

RSS