Help › Forums

DEM DAM DOTS DON'T DING

Tue, Apr 11 2017 8:36 PM (67 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 9:17 AM

re: lip outs

While a player's methods and calculations might be tried and true,

what happens a lot with WGT is that the avatar's position varies in relation to the hole.

Most desired is the straight on (perpendicular) angle like the letter 'T', but what happens is some shot avatar placements are skewed more left and down or to the right etc.

This makes the info from the dots different then when if the avatar is centered, as mentioned by many WGT pros.

They quote things like "the dots are moving...but it's a straight putt" or "the dots don't move but the ball will roll to the right" (due to the skewed angle of the avatar).

I believe this is sometimes the reason why people aim & hit toward the wrong area.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sat, Apr 1 2017 9:03 PM

Don't fret pdb, you're not alone with the putting.

Just shot a 70 -- haven't carded a 70+ round in ages but today I didn't make anything. It was Olympic with is notoriously difficult for me, but it didn't matter if I dinged or played less break and off dinged, nothing went it and so I feel like putting is something I'll never master in this game.  Like one of the posts earlier, I actually feel like its getting worse Lol.  

I've watched and read every conceivable tutorial and video.

Not gonna happen for me I think, and that's ok I still enjoy the game even though its about as frustrating as real golf.  :)

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 7:13 AM

pdb1:

kavvz:
    haven't carded a 70+ round in ages

How many ages are in 9 months ?

I see metaphor is lost on you.  I'll leave you to it.   Miss well. 

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 2 2017 10:45 AM

I'm really not sure why all of that is relevant, but ok. 

My putting woes are well documented.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/455895.aspx

I thought we shared something in common, and posted in your thead about it where I shot par because I missed just about everything.

• emerald51340
    1 Posts
    Tue, Apr 4 2017 4:17 AM

it's all rigged , the site is a toilet

RSS