Forums

Help › Forums

DEM DAM DOTS DON'T DING

Tue, Apr 11 2017 8:36 PM (67 replies)
  • lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 12:31 PM

Ok but now the question is according to what green speeds? Because the faster the greens the less power you need when putting . But when playing breaks you have to add power so the ball doesnt die on the break . So in most cases depending on the break the more the break add 1ft.more as you play the break . This is a must for miss ding putting for the most part not because the game is punishing you for missing the ding but because the break slows the putt down .

Just like when driving a car you decelerate when going into a curve your ball does the same when putting . Also check the line of your putt the default line seems for the most part to always be inside the cup .  I usually am putting outside the cup moving the line slightly outside the cup and then missing the ding according to the break is usually a spot on putt. If you have the power right you can miss wide but still make the putt .

When putting on slope putts  you may have to move the marker out wider and miss ding wider also . But its mainly allowing the ball to feed into the hole letting the break in the green do the work for you .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 5:56 PM

If you are lipping out and missing by 1-3 ft. then you are hitting too hard . The faster the green the softer the putt . Read your putts according to what the marker shows you . The division is throwing you off use simple math  add if its uphill subtract if its down hill . Keep it simple . On tourney greens 15ft.scale1 avatar movement=8ft . This is where using the avatar movements comes in handy because you can get a more precise gauge on how much power to hit your putts .

If putting uphill or on the side of a slope then you will need to add a little more power when putting . But for the most part play your putts just like a regular shot . Use the same distance calculations as a regular shot . My application to the game doesnt change when Im playing .The only difference in my shot making is based only on the club that Im using . I play my putts the same way I would play a shot in a cross wind . I read the break like a cross wind and just learn to make the adjustments playing off the ding .

L-R maybe move the marker a little left and ding early . R-L same thing move the marker a little right according to the break and ding a little late . This is how I putt all day and every day and for me it works . The avatar movements with the putter pal helps you to learn your power distance . So give it a try and see if it helps its the simple approach .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 7:43 PM

What are you dividing and why ? There is no need for dividing anything . The marker gives you your distance nothing else is needed . You add if the putt is uphill and you subtract if its downhill but there is nothing to divide . Thats whats throwing you off ,play the putt like a regular shot going by the distance given . Thats all you have to do . You are making it harder than it needs to be . 

• PhilA2
    441 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 2:09 AM

Golf   The only game the more you play the worse you can get!!!

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Mar 31 2017 7:38 AM

What helps me is a good pre-shot ....pre-putt routine in this case.  

man beer drinking happy hour national beer day GIF

I still miss most putts, but after the 2nd hole, I don't really care much anymore.  ;-)

RSS