Forums

Help › Forums

DEM DAM DOTS DON'T DING

Tue, Apr 11 2017 8:36 PM (67 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 3:07 PM

Distance to jackpot , plus or minus number of free drinks, plus 1.5 ft pounds of torque, x .7 ( 'cause it's a lucky number ) an' you should be good to go.

Note: your results may vary, this is after all, WGT.

Doc :)

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Wed, Mar 29 2017 3:07 PM

First off dinging the shot doesnt mean its going in the hole . Putting is the hardest part of the game and harder to instruct than hitting any other club . Me I putt by feel and also Im a miss ding putter when needed . For me moving the flag is only needed on hard breaks depending on the break I find that using the line of the putt as a gauge instead of the flag works best for me . 

L-R putts I move the line outside left of the pin and then putt missing the ding by hitting early. Its more of a visual process than by numbers or squares all trial and error . This is why no one is willing to try and explain it to you because its hard to put into words . Its something that you are going to have to figure out by playing practice rounds . Putting is all trial and error and you have to just find what works for you .

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 8:44 AM

Well lets not throw in the towel just yet there`s still a lot of golf to still be played . I was looking at your stats and also your gear and for the most part the world wont come to an end because of either . ) But then I got to thinking the problem may be as simple as your putter . You use the Nike putter and if my memory serves right the nike putter is more of a ding putter and not an off ding putter .

So the problem is you are using the wrong putting style with your putter . Since they are gone now I cant see the specs of the putter to be sure . But Im pretty sure that the nike putter is not a miss ding putter . Check it against the Versa putters and compare the specs.If the nike has more precision than forgiveness then that would be the problem .

The forgiveness allows you to miss the ding to a certain point before changing the outcome of the shot . As a miss ding player I always get the clubs with the most forgiveness for just that reason . Clubs with high precision you have to be more on the ding and when you miss you pay for it because of the low level of forgiveness .

So you may just be using the wrong putting style and nothing more . The solution is one of 2 options .

Option 1 Change your putting style and become a ding putter .

Option 2 Upgrade your putter to a putter that is made for your style of putting .

Me personally I`ve had the top 3 Versa putters and all are great for miss ding putting . I love mine to death and it was well worth the cost when I bought it . Most will tell you that the Versa putters are the best in the pro shop hands down .

So there you go hopefully a solution to your problem and I hope that Im right . So off you go to check my theory and hope it helps you with your game . :-)

• Saurabh08
    184 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 9:32 AM

Hey pdb,

If you are really serious about knowing, show me what you are doing (skype / twitch / the likes). I'll try to help.

Cheers!!

Saurabh

btw: All putters are ding putters and non-ding putters. To ding or not to ding depends on how much the putt is breaking. In short, more the break - not dinging it gives you a better chance to drop the putt and straighter the putt - more the requirement of the ding. 

IMO, you own the best putter available.  :)

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Mar 30 2017 11:29 AM

Yeah one of the set backs with the nike putters was that you had to hit the ball harder as they always seemed to come up short . But learning the increments is also key to good putting . Another trick that I learned to help me adjust how much power to use was the avatar movements . As you add power to the putt the avatar moves and you can learn how to use those movements as a gauge when putting . Each movement will go so many feet depending on the green speed . But its very accurate especially when using it with the putter pal .

Try using it on Bethpage with some practice putting and see if that helps . I have always found the 15,30,60 increments easier for me to use and in all honesty I seldom use anything over the 30 increment when putting .You should have stayed with the L96+ Versa its one thing to upgrade and using the same increments but when you change that and have to relearn the increments it makes it harder .

The 2 times I tried the nike putter both were no go`s which is why Im such a Versa fan . The only reason I got the sabertooth was because I had the credits to spare . The L96+ is more than enough but the sabertooth is simply the cherry on the top .

RSS