Forums

Help › Forums

Match Play Scam.

Tue, Dec 14 2010 3:23 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 5:49 AM

I'm pretty proud of my matchplay record on here, it must be around 85%. But my last two games have been rather strange, I get invited to a game, the opponent tees off, but when it's my turn the page won't load. From then on whatever I do, I lose, despite me not taking a single shot. Has anyone else come across this?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:22 AM

About your loading issue, it seems like a Internet connection problem. Try performing a bandwidth test. You can also try Leatrix latency fix, this will help send information to the servers faster. 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:29 AM

piztaker:

I'm pretty proud of my matchplay record on here, it must be around 85%. But my last two games have been rather strange, I get invited to a game, the opponent tees off, but when it's my turn the page won't load. From then on whatever I do, I lose, despite me not taking a single shot. Has anyone else come across this?

I am not sure what is the problem, but you should always submit a detailed bug report with proper title. Explain exactly what happened, how, and so on. Only then we can take a look at it and see what the issue is.

Until then, all I can say is, I am sorry.

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:47 AM

I don't have loading problems at any other times, I have very fast broadband and a high spec  PC. The person in question today seems to have run up a lot of wins in a very short time today too. Strange.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:53 AM

Piz, you didn't say if it was  you or your opponent shown as loading.  Perhaps the opponent pulls the plug on their internet connection hoping you will then quit the round and forfeit the match.  I'd be happy to try and duplicate the conditions with you doing the disconnect on me,.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 6:55 AM

Neither was shown loading.

• jcasey82
    16 Posts
    Sun, Dec 12 2010 8:26 AM

When i have had that issue, I close all windows and restart the game.  Seems to help with the loading problems....just make sure your back in the 5 minutes.

• queensammy
    6 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 3:42 AM

The person who this jumped up little you-know-what is referring to is me. If you go out of a match, you have a few minutes to return and if you don't, your opponent automatically gets the win. Now, the next issue is that i 'seem to have run up a lot of wins in a short space of time'. I'm sorry if it's too much for you to take in but if you want to, ask all the people i played. I really dont understand why it means so much to you anyway. Is it because it says you've been beaten? Poor baby. There there

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 9:21 AM

could possibly be an isp dns outage.

most likely not a scam.

lick your wounds make and have a rematch :)

tbe

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Mon, Dec 13 2010 12:49 PM

queensammy:

The person who this jumped up little you-know-what is referring to is me. If you go out of a match, you have a few minutes to return and if you don't, your opponent automatically gets the win. Now, the next issue is that i 'seem to have run up a lot of wins in a short space of time'. I'm sorry if it's too much for you to take in but if you want to, ask all the people i played. I really dont understand why it means so much to you anyway. Is it because it says you've been beaten? Poor baby. There there

Boy are you rude? I mentioned no names in this thread. I suppose it could be down to a glitch in the game as I never left. I'm man enough to apologize. If you ever decide to play on more than one course I'll willingly show you how to play golf. 

• PAGES
RSS