Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club League - Winter 2011 Season

Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:05 PM (458 replies)
  • jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:14 AM

Slor; any rethink on the promotion of B teams into the same division as their A team at all? I know you went through all this during the rule changes but I personally don't feel it would harm the future competition in any way. Inter-club matches in this format would be fiercely contested and I can't see any team "throwing" a match to help out the other club team. 

It'd save you the headache of having to work out who needs to go where at the end of the season and it'd reward the best (and worst) teams in the best way possible.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 9:31 AM

NEW - POLL FOR SUMMER SEASON

jimbean346:

Slor; any rethink on the promotion of B teams into the same division as their A team at all? I know you went through all this during the rule changes but I personally don't feel it would harm the future competition in any way. Inter-club matches in this format would be fiercely contested and I can't see any team "throwing" a match to help out the other club team. 

It'd save you the headache of having to work out who needs to go where at the end of the season and it'd reward the best (and worst) teams in the best way possible.

You'd be happy to find that this poll has been issued with your point as one of the questions... with a summary of responses

• Lisa03
    5,910 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 10:01 AM

Will play the opponents as "released" have made 2 substitutions--contacted the Captains-all should work out----it's probably  an error on my end-when I submlitted the lineups it was very slow to load---so we'll go with the matches as posted- in your link "lineups released"-sorry!

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 6:01 PM

ok we will go with matchup captain posted.

• J2daROC
    543 Posts
    Wed, Feb 16 2011 7:14 PM

Great spirit by Rocksteady and the Rasta gang....I had two or three guys who would have needed subs anyways, so the lineups should work fine as posted here on the thread.

Should be a fine set of matches, both divisions.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 7:25 AM

UPDATE - POLL FOR SUMMER SEASON

I will close the poll a week from today so that I can make sure that everyone is on the same page regarding promotion / relegation for the summer season. It seems that at present there is a groundswell of support for streamlining the division structure without any restrictions where teams might go.

poll 

summary of responses

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 9:51 AM

Thanks for putting this up Slor. You've got a solid setup in place now which doesn't need much tinkering.

Bar the B team promotion issue, the only other change that I'd like to see is that points difference does come into the equation to initially decide final places. If PD is equal, then the playoff should come into effect. The reason being is that a team winning all their matches 5-0 has surely demonstrated better quality throughout than a team winning by a 3-2 margin. To have it decided on a one person playoff seems to devalue the "team" element of the competition.

Just my two cents of course..... 

• golferfrank63
    187 Posts
    Fri, Feb 18 2011 10:22 AM

giving away free  golfer championship club cc anyone to anyone who want it frist come will get it

21/30 members

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 7:41 AM

jimbean346:

Thanks for putting this up Slor. You've got a solid setup in place now which doesn't need much tinkering.

Bar the B team promotion issue, the only other change that I'd like to see is that points difference does come into the equation to initially decide final places. If PD is equal, then the playoff should come into effect. The reason being is that a team winning all their matches 5-0 has surely demonstrated better quality throughout than a team winning by a 3-2 margin. To have it decided on a one person playoff seems to devalue the "team" element of the competition.

Just my two cents of course..... 

Just posted some possible options for the summer season in the tables section of the results file. (4x8, 3x10, 1x10+3x8...)

As for the PD issue, because the league does not play home and away, PD might well be skewed by the strength of schedule with home advantage (e.g. Team 1 plays Team 3 at home and wins 5-0, while Team 2 plays away to Team 3 and wins 3-2.. which win is better?).

• JGtassiedevil
    775 Posts
    Sat, Feb 19 2011 7:55 PM

228 GranSuperGolfMannarCountryClub A v Normans Webb Collective B

Fristly well done GSGMCC A

Our 2 - 3 loss here leave NWC B equal 2nd from the bottom of the table with the best points difference, if there are 3 teams playing off in the singles play off, are there two playoffs? and do we use the same player for both?

must admit I'm a fan off the points difference having an influence on outcome of a team concerning relegation, although I can see how a single man playoff scenario could be exciting, it perhaps doesn't give as accurate representation of the better team that points difference does.

RSS