Forums

Help › Forums

Country Club League - Winter 2011 Season

Mon, Aug 15 2011 4:05 PM (458 replies)
  • slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 8:01 AM

JGtassiedevil:

Our 2 - 3 loss here leave NWC B equal 2nd from the bottom of the table with the best points difference, if there are 3 teams playing off in the singles play off, are there two playoffs? and do we use the same player for both?

must admit I'm a fan off the points difference having an influence on outcome of a team concerning relegation, although I can see how a single man playoff scenario could be exciting, it perhaps doesn't give as accurate representation of the better team that points difference does.

If there is a three man-playoff, the playoff will be a stroke play round between all three players.

I'm hearing you guys on the points difference issue - definitely under consideration for next time.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 8:12 AM

UPDATE - POLL FOR SUMMER SEASON

poll 

summary of responses

closing friday...

Based on your responses, there is a preliminary plan for promotion / relegation for next season for a four division, 32-team league.... (that is, four divisions of eight)

*edited* For some reason, this was first written with me thinking that Division 1 currently has ten teams, no, it has eight...

*edited* it was pointed out that no one in D3 was being promoted to D2. Corrected.

DIVISION 1

• The tournament winner will stay in Division 1
    • The tournament loser will go to Division 2
    • 4 best league records of remaining teams will stay in Division 1
    • 2 worst league records of remaining teams will go to Division 2

DIVISION 2

• The tournament winner will go to Division 1
    • The tournament loser will go to Division 3
    • The remaining team with the best league record in each group will go to Division 1 (2 in total)
    • 2 next best league records of remaining teams in each group will stay in Division 2 (4 in total)
    • All remaining teams go to Division 3 (4 in total)

DIVISION 3

• The tournament winner will go to Division 2
    • The best league record of remaining teams in the group containing the tournament winner will stay in Division 3 
    • 2 best league records of remaining teams in the group not containing the tournament winner will stay in Division 3
    • All other teams will go to Division 4

• jimbean346
    3,006 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 9:21 AM

Sounds good Slor and thanks for the consideration on the PD matter. Whilst the home advantage can sway a fixture, I don't think it becomes such a factor that PD should be discounted altogether. A team could win 3:2 every week and have one incredibly strong player who wins the playoff; would this give a fair reflection to how the league has gone throughout the entire season?

The only other comment is on the make-up of D1 for next season. With eight teams currently in the league, if you relegate three and only one gets promoted, surely that'd only leave D1 with six teams for next season? (sorry in advance if this is me misunderstanding the P/R plan)

• slor
    902 Posts
    Sun, Feb 20 2011 1:32 PM

jimbean346:

Sounds good Slor and thanks for the consideration on the PD matter. Whilst the home advantage can sway a fixture, I don't think it becomes such a factor that PD should be discounted altogether. A team could win 3:2 every week and have one incredibly strong player who wins the playoff; would this give a fair reflection to how the league has gone throughout the entire season?

The only other comment is on the make-up of D1 for next season. With eight teams currently in the league, if you relegate three and only one gets promoted, surely that'd only leave D1 with six teams for next season? (sorry in advance if this is me misunderstanding the P/R plan)

Sorry, I was miscounting teams, whoops, lack of sleep. Edit has commenced.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 2:34 AM

LEAGUE UPDATE - 21 FEBRUARY

I have 2 of 4 D1 results in, 1 of 6 from D2 and 1 of 4 from D3...

Keep them coming in!

Playoffs and Tournaments update - D2 and D3

• I think that we should get the tournaments started this week, otherwise people are just hanging around for a couple of weeks for a match.
    • Please submit a 5 man lineup for your first tournament match by the end of tuesday. I will try and confirm your opponent and fixture number ASAP.
    • If you are in a playoff, I will give you a fixture number in the fixtures spreadsheet under your division
    • If you are in a playoff, a player for Match 1 only (remember, they must have been nominated at least twice already this season) by the end of Tuesday to play by the end of Thursday.
    • If you are in a playoff, Please also submit a full 5 man lineup without a fixture number for your first tournament match so that I can release it to your opponents as soon as I know the result of the playoff
    • 2 man playoffs are match play to a finish including extra holes if necessary
    • 3 or 4 man playoffs are stroke play with sudden death playoffs (start back 9 again) for all placings, not just first place, level at the end of 9 hole
    • Submitting results for stroke play
      • *edit* slap head, just post it on the forum...

So, this week's calendar looks like this:

• end of Tuesday: deadline for all lineups for Week 7 of Division 1, all 5-man lineups from all teams in Divisions 2 and 3 for their first round matches, all 1-man lineups for playoffs for final placings in Divisions 2 and 3
    • end of Thursday: deadline for completion of final placings playoffs in Divisions 2 and 3
    • end of Sunday: deadline for completion for all matches in Week 7 of Division 1 and all first round matches in Divisions 2 and 3

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 2:56 AM

CONDITIONS FOR PLAYOFFS AND TOURNAMENT FIRST ROUND - DIVISION 2 AND 3

Division 2 Playoffs - St Andrews Back 9, Hard Hole Locations, White (Hard) Tees, Fast Green Speed, Moderate Wind

Division 3 Playoffs - St Andrews Back 9, Easy Hole Locations, Yellow (Medium) Tees, Fast Green Speed, Low Wind

Division 2 First Round - St Andrews Full 18, Medium Hole Locations, White (Hard) Tees, Fast Green Speeds, Moderate Wind

Division 3 Quarterfinals - St Andrews Full 18, Medium Hole Locations, Yellow (Medium) Tees, Standard Green Speed, Moderate Wind

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 3:28 AM

JGtassiedevil:

Our 2 - 3 loss here leave NWC B equal 2nd from the bottom of the table with the best points difference, if there are 3 teams playing off in the singles play off, are there two playoffs? and do we use the same player for both?

I think you will only need a playoff of Upton Manor pull off the upset of UKGE "B"...

• carlosjackal
    1,470 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:40 AM

Hey slor is the same rule regarding teams within the same club not being permitted to be in the same division in place? If it is then it is going to severely affect all 3 divisions seeing as UKGE, Electra and YellowBrick Road all have teams doing well in all 3 divisions. I can just see a situation whereby the top teams in the leagues and playoffs end up staying in the same league. Similarly you could see both finalists in the division 2 playoffs being unable to get promoted.

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 5:58 AM

carlosjackal:

Hey slor is the same rule regarding teams within the same club not being permitted to be in the same division in place? If it is then it is going to severely affect all 3 divisions seeing as UKGE, Electra and YellowBrick Road all have teams doing well in all 3 divisions. I can just see a situation whereby the top teams in the leagues and playoffs end up staying in the same league. Similarly you could see both finalists in the division 2 playoffs being unable to get promoted.

I'd say that rule is pretty unlikely to stay based on the current polling of members taking place. (About three-quarters are in favour of dropping this rule.)

• slor
    902 Posts
    Mon, Feb 21 2011 9:35 AM

mightyred:

slor, I notice the results of RRRastas and English Lakes are not yet posted. I have the results of the three games played if you want me to input. let me know.

Concerning the other two matches, one of the players was not a member of RRRastas and despite a post on Rocksteadys' wall and a post on here I received no information regarding a substitution. So I would like the two eligible Disputes Committee members to consider our claim to a win for that match.

After extending the time to get this match in, I've asked mightyred to post up the results as they are at the moment. If there is an objection by the Rock n Roll Rasta team, then I can ask the disputes committee to adjudicate.

RSS