Help › Forums

CC v CC Top 100

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 24 2016 11:24 PM (94 replies)
  • FarFoo
    2,916 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 11:57 AM

sue333318:

Now perhaps you can tell me how many of the members of Transgressional competed in the Open qualifiers - (unlimited play) the WGT tour (unlimited play first rounds), and justify what the difference is as they grind rounds out with the inevitable ball usage?

Sure.
    The difference is , you have to get a good score to qualify , and even more important, a very good score in the one chance only second round.
    Takes some skill and ability. That is the difference

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 12:37 PM

Jimbog1964:

Sue,

You  enjoyed it and fair enough - great.  Comparing it to the VUSO is pointless though.

People do not mind spending a bit (varying degrees) on something they see as worthwhile.  To qualify for the VUSO demanded at least some skill.  To do well here (lets say top 10 just for example) requires no skill, none.  All you have to do is hit a ball anywhere for ages and ages - almost that daft. Lots on it, each to own, and ideas what else to do all over the place, but two very separate issues the VUSO v this.  

I can't bring myself to use the term contest as one is and one well is not. 

Now if lower down (numbers wise) there are a few people, like you, who  enjoy just playing like you did then great as say. Had your 1 member CC come up against a CC of even 3 people (1 if they bought passes) who played you would have been blown out of the water.

No skill needed anywhere in that, just the system (well lack of) would do it easy as.   That's why people on the whole are very against this (polite few in the forums compared to a lot of what I have heard).  Pretty sure some enter it with no clue, and that's just ripping people off but I will leave that.

+1 Jim

I managed to qualify for the VUSO and was pretty pleased to have done so, I know that smacking the ball about for 12 hours or so would not have the given me the same level of satisfaction.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:01 PM

@VICTORIA47: The reason this club won the Clash is because a 100 point bonus was added to the opposing club member that had the best score. This bonus was added to the total score which gave the Club the win. The extra 500 points was awarded after the Club won the Clash. 

Below is the FAQ on this point. Look for the What are Win and High Score Bonuses? section.

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#clash

• RodneyBlake
    510 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:10 PM

Who ever is in charge of running this clash ?

Our cc came in 88th spot with only 6 of our members playing.
    I am sure if you guys at Wgt made this clash more skill based rather than a SLOG FEAST FOR THE RICH you would get alot more players playing this and in return making you more money.

Why be happy with only half of the wgt player play this when you could have alot more playing.

You say you had 1000's of cc playing this clash which may be true but I wonder how many individual players from each club played, (My guess is less than half of the active members would of played)

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:02 PM

The quality of player and experience in our CC is pretty high, and to have not 1 player out of 44 members not play this 3rd event says everything.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:11 PM

(latest Clash results announced, posting apparently deleted)

Not the latest but a random intermediate one.

Perhaps WGT should take notice that the event lasted for 50 hours, not only 48.

ROTFL!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:13 PM

oneeyedjohn:

The quality of player and experience in our CC is pretty high, and to have not 1 player out of 44 members not play this 3rd event says everything.

It says you as a group decided not to play..

Nothing more and nothing less !

Andy

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:15 PM

oneeyedjohn:

Just to quantify that John, the first CC Fiasco we finished 12th or 13th with good participation (and without loopholes) the 2nd debacle had 2 players play, zero for the third.

There was no direction or order saying we could not play, but the general consensus was it is a farce and players chose not to play.

Perhaps enticing CC's to earn rewards such as gnomes and dog tee markers appeals to imbeciles, but not to a lot of CC members.

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:39 PM

CC event #3  

The winners list we posted earlier was from midnight an hour before the event ended.  We will repost the positions as soon as we can get an accurate report.  This was a problem with our reporting and does not affect the rewards and actual positions in our system.

sorry about that

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:56 PM

alcaucin:

It says you as a group decided not to play..

Nothing more and nothing less !

No, we didn't. Maybe 1/3 of our CC participates regularly in the forum and all we do is vent about the ridiculousness of the whole affair, among other things.

I was one of the ones in the first clash that paid attention to who we were playing and the effort to win every clash was clubwide. I shelled out a few 37s

.We never got beat but were nowhere near close to competing for anything. That and reading the fallout was what turned everybody away. They didn't need a group consensus or directive.

And John's point about the ability is extremely valid. Our best against another CC's best would be a real clash.

RSS