CC v CC Top 100

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 24 2016 11:24 PM (94 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 5:08 PM

alanti:

oneeyedjohn:

The quality of player and experience in our CC is pretty high, and to have not 1 player out of 44 members not play this 3rd event says everything.

Just to quantify that John, the first CC Fiasco we finished 12th or 13th with good participation (and without loopholes) the 2nd debacle had 2 players play, zero for the third.

There was no direction or order saying we could not play, but the general consensus was it is a farce and players chose not to play.

Perhaps enticing CC's to earn rewards such as gnomes and dog tee markers appeals to imbeciles, but not to a lot of CC members.

Not often we disagree Alan...

I don't see the harm in the clashes and DEF don't understand the vitriol involved..

400+ pages of utter nonsense throughout the threads.

OK it is not what we all thought it was gonna be but again..never been disappointed in life before ? , not to mention here on WGT.

Focus your anger in the right direction ?

Lack of courses, price hike over the last 2 years etc etc etc

I remember being one of the first to use the Max @ $6 a pop...

Pages of posts saying "you must be mad paying that "..Storm in a teacup, people pay more than that now without a seconds thought !

For the CCs involved then it must be fun..IBIS GC  won this one, so next time TPCC think " yeah lets get together this time " or  ANCC think " we'll show em "..others may decide to have a run at being on top..we are too lackadaisical in Serenity CC :)

It IS a competition in that sense, friendly rivalry / oneupmanship whatever..

It costs to play but...if you don't want to then don't shell out ?

And remember, you can do just what you did before..set up your own inter CC comps, chose any rules you want !!

The CLASH is going nowhere so...........??

Will you all keep posting how bad it is for the foreseeable....?

naaw, it'll peter out and you'll be as bored as I am right now.

Chad doesn't need milk on his Kelloggs .....tears of laughter must dampen the Flakes at the utter futility of ya'll trying to change a business plan.

Andy

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 5:11 PM

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:

It says you as a group decided not to play..

Nothing more and nothing less !

No, we didn't. Maybe 1/3 of our CC participates regularly in the forum and all we do is vent about the ridiculousness of the whole affair, among other things.

So you are asking me to believe that it was serendipity  66.66r%  of your members,

Just HAPPENED to concur with the 1/3 of the regular forum posters..

Without exception ?

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 6:06 PM

alcaucin:

I don't see the harm in the clashes and DEF don't understand the vitriol involved..

Read my post on page 6 - that gives an insight into what I really think.

WGT is a business, but what defines a good business long term is the way it adapts. WGT tends to have an idea and disregards feedback (remember that extra dot you wanted with the Max balls) and plods ahead.

The concept is good, the execution poor.

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 6:15 PM

iaa R ( R )  V ft 

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 6:19 PM

alanti:

alcaucin:

Read my post on page 6 - that gives an insight into what I really think.

WGT is a business, but what defines a good business long term is the way it adapts. WGT tends to have an idea and disregards feedback (remember that extra dot you wanted with the Max balls) and plods ahead.

The concept is good, the execution poor.

Already read it m8..don't need to look back to p6, remember I was nodding in agreement as I read it...

And concur with ya last post too..

Point I was making is that the vitriol is pointless and..

If you want to be a part of the Clashes, then you have a perfect right to do so..without being felt to feel shameless !

WGT will plough on with complete disregard for anything we say...but it gets boring to hear the same rubbish every other week spouted by the same idiots !

Funnel ya energies in a more fruitful direction..*** ain't gonna change ?

A version of the Clash will still be here in 12 months !!

WGT has gone from cutting edge to a dinosaur........

yup,  and still no dot on Max :(

Andy

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:01 PM

WGT has gone from cutting edge to a dinosaur........

I think it's pretty obvious that this game has hit 'the wall', I'm sure if you talk to anyone who is part of the management team I'm sure they'd tell you, if they were spilling the beans so to speak, that they know pretty well the lifespan of this place. 
    This game does not have an upgrade path, there isn't any way to make it better than it is, not really. It's pushing the technology it's built upon to the limit and it seems pretty plain to see that when they try and adjust one aspect, it breaks another. Happens in anything you push outside designed or engineered limits.
    At the rate they're coming up with idiotic cash hauls for the business and the almost non-existent repairs or fixes to things that are so broken within the game. I give this place til the Spring.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:49 PM

I agree DB. The wheels have come off the WGT clown car.

WGTadmin continues to make excuses for what is clearly a cluster f&ck of a game.

The sad thing is, there will be another cluster f&ck Clash in two weeks.

Hold on to your hats players, its going to be a bumpy ride until then.

I don't fault any players who participate in the Clashes, its WGTs fault for creating such a broken cluster F&ck of an event, and then refuses to admit its broken.

Show some balls WGTadmin and admit the Clashes are a disaster.

These Clashes have caused dissension among the WGT community and WGT could careless.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 10:32 PM

If the CC Clashes received a review they would be rated as very poor.  

My strong feeling is that v poor game play has them v worried over how long this nonsense can last IF they really have invested much in this.

A club with 1 member easily finished top 200, and a club with 6 easily top 100.  

Any one who cares (beyond me why) wants top 10.  To do that we get in to the real tricks of the trade which seems stocking up with avid AMs who joined last week.  Starter balls and any old clubs really are fine if (inexplicably as I find it) you want to buy passes and waste time this mindlessly.  Possible to do it other ways - heck they even give bigger clubs more super passes to make it even easier, but the tricks are used by some including legitimate silliness like the more super passes.

I doubt this is the money spinner WGT wanted, and I doubt it is ever going to be that.  Now that's assuming they did spend more than 10 minutes throwing it together and it needs to do well.  Maybe it's doing it's job as squeeze that segment over there at little cost.  

Whatever iy cost to get together this clash is nonsense junk.

If it were part of a good golf shop it would be in the nik nak bucket, and treated as a joke.  The good golf shop might well get away with that as they would have enough good product to offset the laughing from most.

I remember a once great and proud guitar shop.  It's final few months saw it as the only place in town where you could buy the entire Behringer (junk) range, but little else.   Something was clearly wrong there as I suspect it is here.

I still hope WGT can wake up / come out of whatever they are in because this crap is the the golf game equivalent of that guitar shop and the Behringer range as it stands.  

Difference is competition in the market place which I strongly suspect WGT are watching v closely.  They are wondering if real outlay is worth while or will they get blown out of the water anyway, and so we get this low outlay silliness.  

Whatever is really going I doubt this is getting the traction hoped for and for v good reason IMO.  The quality is too low to seriously compete, and that compete is the key.  

Without competition this silliness may amble on scraping the bottom of the $ barrel.  It is though of profound low quality, and so I can't see it doing much even without competition.

Had WGT implemented some upgrades (officer tools / inter cc brackets.....) this would be OK as a nik.  The v few clubs that give a rats about seriously chasing could, and the rest of us look on if we wish wondering why.  All would be OK as with promised upgrades / even better (could not be worse) event coming  this would be the nik nak end of town, but this is all they have.   

Shame to see a still fundamentally a great platform slowly being strangled by incompetence / perceived market forces bringing out low rent grabs.Whatever the real reason this is, in context, shocking.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 5:47 AM

alcaucin:

So you are asking me to believe that it was serendipity  66.66r%  of your members,

Without exception ?

Not quite sure I understand what you're saying but my point was just because 2/3 of the CC doesn't participate doesn't mean they don't see through all of this. This also goes to the premise that WGT lives on about forum users being only a fraction of the market.

Forum users might only be a small percentage of the customer base but they sure as hell don't play amongst themselves. They play with those non-forum users (amazed by how many I meet that don't even know about them) and surely spread the word.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 6:05 AM

alcaucin:

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:

It says you as a group decided not to play..

Nothing more and nothing less !

No, we didn't. Maybe 1/3 of our CC participates regularly in the forum and all we do is vent about the ridiculousness of the whole affair, among other things.

Without exception ?

Referring to your last post --------------------* >

Maybe you meant that 1/3 participates on the main forum ?

I thought you meant in the CC forum...

Either way it is still serendipitous that no-one clicked on the button and 100% of the members did not play without instruction OR having read the CC forum, felt obliged not to do so ?

Looked at your club members last night .....

a few barbed comments could sway the sheep ?

You got a few big characters in there. !

Andy

• RSS