Help › Forums

CC v CC Top 100

rated by 0 users
Tue, May 24 2016 11:24 PM (94 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 6:30 AM

alcaucin:
    Maybe you meant that 1/3 participates on the main forum ?

No, it's all CC. And nowhere did anybody say anything other than what they felt personally.  I find it quite revealing that nobody took it upon themselves to click on that button. Maybe it's because of the high quality of players in the CC that play golf, not silly games. 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 6:36 AM

My sole reason of disgust over the event is the golden putter.  People can exploit away and essentially buy their way to a win for a piece of gear unavailable to legitimate players/clubs who do not drain their accounts buying passes.  If winners only got credits, boosts, etc. that's available to everyone, I'm good with it.  I just really hate the idea of the golden carrot on the end of the stick.

I wish it was just between consenting clubs, where challenges are issued and accepted by club owners - and requiring clubs to be identical in level, as to ensure fairness (as much as possible).  If the winning club got a few XP/speed boosts to split amongst the members, I'm good with that.  You start throwing out unique ûber-gear and it's going to turn ugly.

Other than that, I'm good with the unofficial, casual methods of clubs just challenging each other for the sole purpose of pride and bragging rights.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 6:44 AM

YankeeJim:
     I find it quite revealing that nobody took it upon themselves to click on that button. Maybe it's because of the high quality of players in the CC that play golf, not silly games. 

Seems so then.....

Respect to Cosa Nostra !

One good thing about a small membership CC is that you can get right / same thinking individuals together ?

Andy

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 7:52 AM

[quote user="MichaelStroke"]

My sole reason of disgust over the event is the golden putter.  People can exploit away and essentially buy their way to a win for a piece of gear unavailable to legitimate players/clubs who do not drain their accounts buying passes.  If winners only got credits, boosts, etc. that's available to everyone, I'm good with it.  I just really hate the idea of the golden carrot on the end of the stick[/quote]

Mike, you are correct in that the Golden Putter is the main problem in the Clash. Passes are to expensive also, they need to come down

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 8:10 AM

alcaucin:
    One good thing about a small membership CC is that you can get right / same thinking individuals together ?

Heh. Either that or just maybe Cosa Nostra represents the true spirit of a golf club full of true golfers. We have a good leader and there are no reins-he doesn't need them.  :-)

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 8:18 AM

This golden calf is WGT's necessary incentive to inflame the players' greed and raise the profit IMHO. Otherwise, the whole CC level / CC pass / CC Clash construct would be seen with objective eyes: An invention with not a single valuable outcome for the players and CCs but with revenue potential for the company.

But, as I said elsewhere, this coveted golden calf is worth nothing. Perhaps it's a fair putter for Amateurs and Pros, but apparently it ends as litter in the top players' inventories.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 8:25 AM

YankeeJim:

alcaucin:

Heh. Either that or just maybe Cosa Nostra represents the true spirit of a golf club full of true golfers. We have a good leader and there are no reins-he doesn't need them.  :-)

Looking more that way...

( shoulder bump LOL )

Andy

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Tue, Dec 2 2014 5:45 PM

alosso:

This golden calf is WGT's necessary incentive to inflame the players' greed and raise the profit IMHO. Otherwise, the whole CC level / CC pass / CC Clash construct would be seen with objective eyes: An invention with not a single valuable outcome for the players and CCs but with revenue potential for the company.

But, as I said elsewhere, this coveted golden calf is worth nothing. Perhaps it's a fair putter for Amateurs and Pros, but apparently it ends as litter in the top players' inventories.

Great post that says it all.

RSS