rated by 0 users
Tue, May 24 2016 11:24 PM (94 replies)
  • whendanson
    285 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:02 AM

What does that list of 100 clubs mean?

Who won?

Where are the points?

When the CC v CC finished , the club i belong to finished 3rd. We seem to be in 9th on that list

Why have you decided to knock us back 6 places?

I dont understand. Why are you refusing to show the final table?

• whendanson
    285 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:06 AM

Ive just realised thats the old cc v cc. lol

Where can i see a table of the lastest cc v cc?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:40 AM

sue333318:
    It is worth remembering that just because a vocal dozen or so who tend to dominate the forum do not like a particular thing they do not speak for everyone who plays the game here.

I think you're missing the point of all the rabble. This isn't a competition, it's for the sale of passes. That's the only possible way any CC can compete, by buying passes and playing sense-numbing bulk golf. 

I understand and appreciate the spin you put on it as an owner of your 1 person CC. TBH, though, WGT isn't doing this so you can make the top 250 without spending a cent. 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 8:58 AM

sue333318:

I'm sure quite a lot of people got a lot of enjoyment from the clash - it's just a fun and different competition.  Would be nice to see the top 250 CCs listed as well.

It is worth remembering that just because a vocal dozen or so who tend to dominate the forum do not like a particular thing they do not speak for everyone who plays the game here.

Sure the Clash needs some tweaks but most new things do - looking forward to the next.

Well done WGT

Well for starters the only competition which comes into play is how many passes can you buy and how fast can you fire off a round. That be it, there is no skill involved anywhere.

The Vocal Dozen.... Wasn't that a movie? 

Needs some tweaks?  Doesn't need any tweaks, it works exactly they way it was designed - Suckers players who seem to enjoy throwing money into the wind and pads WGT's bottom line for a few hours over and above their usual gouging.

Well done?  (wasn't aware WGT had shareholders) 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:15 AM

Maybe WGT pulled the "winners" list  'cuz they realized it was against their guidelines to "name & shame" the parties involved.

Doc :)

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:25 AM

PringleCraig:
    1000 CCs+ playing, with an average of, call it, 50 Ladies & Gentlemen each, so that's 50,000 of us.

If these numbers are true, Shoe was definitely right about the Clashes going no where anytime soon.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:40 AM

alcaucin:

Defending an indefensible post never turns out well I've seen often.

Not sure if you have that in your character though..

I have had to admit to being wrong (and apologised for so being) quite a few times, this however isn't one of those occasions.

I still believe that anyone who knows the set up of these clashes and still enters them should hang their head in shame.

Golden putters, gnomes and dogs ffs!

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:43 AM

PaulTon:

alcaucin:

Defending an indefensible post never turns out well I've seen often.

Not sure if you have that in your character though..

I have had to admit to being wrong (and apologised for so being) quite a few times, this however isn't one of those occasions.

I still believe that anyone who knows the set up of these clashes and still enters them should hang their head in shame.

Golden putters, gnomes and dogs ffs!

I said I'm not usually wrong.....

SHAME on you I say !

What you believe is immaterial you pompous fool !

The top 10 CCs didn't enter this 3rd Clash with their eyes shut..

Who the fook are you to call them 'shameless'

Diss the Event / WGT  if you feel that is your bent but surely NOT the CCs or members ?

Andy

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:44 AM

Was the CC vs CC Clash thing created for a class of players who can't compete in Ready-Go's and other credit competitions?

I mean, these Clashes players still spend money on credits to play what some perceive as a competition.

There's also a reason thousand's of players are e-mailing WGT about the Clashes, but not saying much in the forums with maybe 2% of positive feedback.

• FarFoo
    2,915 Posts
    Mon, Dec 1 2014 9:46 AM

sue333318:

I'm sure quite a lot of people got a lot of enjoyment from the clash - it's just a fun and different competition.  Would be nice to see the top 250 CCs listed as well.

Sure the Clash needs some tweaks but most new things do - looking forward to the next.

Well done WGT

If you want to spend your $ on a no skill involved hamster wheel , that's fine.

But it's very wrong to say a 'vocal dozen' .

I can't speak for all the players at Transgressional, there a a few that are not active right now,  but i can say that all the players ( including the top guys ) i speak to, which is most of the active ones right now have the same view of this pointless disappointment.

I think we had 2 guys played a round each in the clash, we won 2 lost 2 last i looked , 1 player playing 1 round in 2 of the clashes. 450pts or so , standing around 450th.
    Lots of clubs with the odd player throwing a free pass at it i think is where the 'thousands of clubs' comes from.

RSS