Forums

Help › Forums

Reference of CC Levels and XPs

Sun, Aug 29 2021 5:32 AM (217 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Sun, Dec 28 2014 11:22 PM

Not trying to pi$$ on peoples fireworks at all - whatever floats their boat same as whatever floats mine for me.

However, this XP grab I can't see doing anything other than implode.  For starters paid for passes can weight it so it's a bit skewed anyway, but after that how many CCs are ever going to get to L15 in a sensible time frame?  

This whole thing ignores smaller CCs, or will by definition as time goes by.  Good luck to the larger CCs, but reminds me a of typical sci fi crime balls up:

Create a beast to kill the predator that must eat you to survive, but forget to tell it not do that by starving out the food source - namely you (WGT).  OK a little out there but as far as levels actually being physically worth getting to about as much logic as you need - no point worrying IMO.  

All a v silly, ill thought out idea which we thought could not get any worse, but WGT trumped us again with the CC Event Debacle.  Never say never where WGT is concerned lately :)

Weekly XPs should ideally be done by CC size, and very ideally not be skewed at all by paid for passes.  Dream on for both, lol, but so can WGT :)

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 12:14 AM
    The prizes being worthwhile ended a while back. My club has no need for more tournaments or superpasses. Like most things on WGT, this wasn't thought through before implementation. It feels good to be the only club on level 14 though and to have topped the table for 20 weeks in a row.
  • alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 12:14 AM

Me thinks that it's a good business model which is working now and still will in the future. It's positive for the company with little to none benefits for the clients.

IMHO, the weekly leaderboard sits well beside the Earnings leaderboard, creating competition and greed to be up there. Thus, splitting it might be against their interests.

While the former "250" CCs will push the limit up, buying passes(!) and spending credits for almost nothing but bragging rights, the new and smaller CCs need the XPs for their growth, buying passes if they wish to accelerate this.

Add the Clashes, were buying passes is necessary to contend and win ridiculous tee markers etc., it guarantees a fortune of credits to be burnt for virtually nothing.

This business model, "Sell Passes!" is successful!

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 12:23 AM

courteneyfish:
    The prizes being worthwhile ended a while back. My club has no need for more tournaments or superpasses. Like most things on WGT, this wasn't thought through before implementation. It feels good to be the only club on level 14 though and to have topped the table for 20 weeks in a row.

Level 6 is worthwhile IMHO, maybe lvl 7. We're at 8 now, having to double increase our XPs by 133% to advance further, and nothing of any interest to gain.

(edited as marked)

Seeing your competitive mindset and pride, me thinks, it was well thought through:

Make it necessary for the (smaller) CCs, create competition (also in the Clashes), create revenue but don't give away too much of any use (which to me is the Putter Pal).

And "fulfil" a clients' wish, "CC vs. CC".

• alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 12:58 AM

pdb1:
    For the middle folk , the prizes that you say were worthwhile were never available to the mainstream . 

Pardon me to insist out of curiosity: Which prizes would that be?

Your great CC is at level 8, far away from any imposed member limit - anything missing to you?

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 1:07 AM
    pdb1:
    IMO the high level 250 clubs should only compete with each other in their own CLASH . Enabling more parity for the remainder to compete in a more level CLASH .

I never mentioned Clashes. They should either be scrapped or given a huge make-over in my opinion.
  • alosso
    21,039 Posts
    Mon, Dec 29 2014 3:30 AM

Sorry, mixed the numbers up. I stand corrected, your CC is gr7 ;)

Talking about the Clash, it's not about fairness nor a Q of member number but rather of cash and industriousness IMHO. Two or three with sufficient resources can win the Golden Calf - no skills needed.

But, since these events helped your community to get closer together, that's a bigger prize than anything offered officially.

Happy New Year!

RSS