Forums

Help › Forums

Lionel messi is most overhyped player

Mon, Jul 14 2014 10:01 AM (60 replies)
  • alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sat, Jul 12 2014 4:09 PM

“Pele was a fantastic player and he was the best in his era; Diego Maradona was the best in his era; and Messi and Ronaldo are the best in the current era,” says Bateman. “But Pele had more time on the ball and Maradona played in an age where you could be fouled much more, whereas today players are protected. The data can’t give you a definitive answer to who is the best because there are so many differences between the styles of play and what players were able to do in the various World Cups that they participated in.”

Most fouled player in world cup history is maradona. He is greatest player ever even messi win world cup by pure luck.

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sat, Jul 12 2014 9:52 PM

Against belgium semifinal , maradona created 100s of chances for his team mates , all of them useless finisher. Otherwise game score would be 10-0. 

INCREDIBLE. 

I never seen messi creating chances for his team mates. NEVER.

Why people dare to compare against GOD maradona. He makes ball listens. His precision shots are incredible magic.

I think media overhyping club level player messi for reasons unknown

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 4:51 AM

Attention seeker?

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 2:40 PM

Germany wins.

WHen german scored , messi was sleep walking in the middle. Unbelievable. if this guy is greatest footballer atleast he should get more free kicks min. He was completely invisible for 3rd game in a row. 

He lost ball every time he got the touch. 

I think argentina lost this game because of the messi curse. Because of messi , rest of argentina team waiting for him to dazzle but he is not that good when he is marked well. 

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 2:51 PM

You clearly know nothing about football Alex

Maradona was a cheating drug addict!

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 3:08 PM

Drugs do not improve skill. I do not care he was swimming in drugs. That is not criteria i look.

He showed us skills that no one posessed and never will for another century.

Wana be maradona , messi was exposed as glorifed dribbler when there is no defense.

All it shows spanish league has no defensive tactics.  May be weakest league in the world.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 3:16 PM

alexk345:
    May be weakest league in the world.

Like i said. You clearly know nothing about football.

• Adalanar
    282 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 3:20 PM

Messi played very well in the final and showed that he is the big player right now. It is brutally difficult if a team like Germany is focused on defending Messi and he did very very  well.

It was a great final - obviously I like the result.

Cheers

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Sun, Jul 13 2014 5:18 PM

For me messi did not play well but played better than other games. 

The thing is when i say he play bad i am always comparing him to how diego maradona plays. Maradona leads his team , for messi team has to work for messi , Maradona works for team. That is big difference.

Messi can not create chances for his team. He can't make critical pass. 

That said the substitution of lavezzi with USELESS aguero was biggest strategic blunder by argentina coach.

With lavezzi argentina had more smooth fluid movement , aguero was losing all the balls when it was passed to him

That said i am happy with germany win because if argentina would have won , they will make MESSI overhyped player as greatest player which is insult to GOD maradona. :)

• alexk345
    1,148 Posts
    Mon, Jul 14 2014 9:29 AM

Messi gets golden ball ?  for what ?

He can't carry his team focussed on giving ball to him again and again so he loses the ball.

I think too much overhype on messi if argentina won caused argentina to lose.

Thats my view. 

if argentina win its because of messi , if argentina lose its because of coach and team.

This is core of messi problem in argentina. He excelled in Barcelona because the marking was non existant and he was surrounded by great passers and professional players.

In national team , the pressure is too much and everyone wants to score for national team , so i see lack of unity in argentina team. It was too much messi focussed from coach himself.

Argentina has to go away from messi to win because messi can not carry the team and he brings too much baggage for argentina to win. 

I never seen any sportsman overhyped on this level. These people dare to compare this useless one trick pony dribbler to be on par and even greater than GOD maradona.

You can all hate maradona for cheat , drug addict etc but he was GOD in the pitch. No one come closer. There will never be another maradona for 100 years

Case closed.

RSS