Forums

Help › Forums

Scott's tips

Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:30 AM (745 replies)
  • ri99
    446 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 7:21 AM

I have been using the hotkey for 3 days and it works perfectly.

Thank you very much Scott,

Ri99

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 7:38 AM

Thank you Ri99. I'm always a little concerned when I post stuff, that it won't work for you guys, so it's reassuring to get positive feedback. Thanks again.  ; )

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 3:43 AM

Morning everyone,

Just discovered something interesting on superuser.com if you want to maximize the Unity game (PCEA) window. Fire up the game and take it out of fullscreen (in game settings) if you have that mode switched on.

Windows 7
    Open your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and on the applications tab, right click on the WGT Golf task and select maximize from the drop down menu and voila! You are now maximized. If there is a Unity Crash Handler process running in the task manager, end that task, switch to another tab (any one will do), then go back to the applications tab and right click again on the WGT Golf task.
    Windows 10 & 11
    Open your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and on the processes tab under apps, click the arrow to the left of golf.exe, or double click golf.exe, then right click on WGT Golf and select maximize from the drop down menu and voila! You are now maximized. If there is a Unity Crash Handler process running in the task manager, end that task, switch to another tab (any one will do), then go back to the processes tab, double click golf.exe then right click on WGT Golf for the menu to get maximized.
    All
    This may not be necessary in the current game version

If you double click the Unity game title bar when maximized it should restore the window back to its previous size. Doing this before exiting the game should also prevent the resolution selection screen...

...from showing when you next launch the game.

Accr
    Thanks to
    OlyDLG
    on superuser.com for that.
  • TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 4:33 AM

ScottHope:

Morning everyone,

Just discovered something interesting on superuser.com.

If you want to maximize the Unity game (PCEA) window, just open your task manager and on the applications tab, right click on the WGT Golf task and select maximize from the drop down menu and voila! You are now maximized.

If you double click the Unity game title bar when maximized it should restore the window back to its previous size.

Thanks to OlyDLG on superuser.com for that

Thanks Scott.... going to give it a test here shortly.

Don

UPDATE: Works like a charm my friend. Well done Scott ( and OlyDLG )

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 5:32 AM

Thank you Don and Oly.  ; )

• RedRockster
    691 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 6:34 AM

That does work nicely,  but is a little cumbersome to do each time.  It would be very helpful if  under options the same thing could be done right from the options on the main window.

Thanks for the link though I will use that for now and hope it gets added before going live at end of year.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 8:43 AM

Thanks Red. I wonder if there will be anything that will solve this problem when the game launches in Steam next week, fingers crossed. ; )

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 12:06 PM

Scott your the man .

Sometimes when i'm about to play a little white or blank rectangular shape prevents me from seeing the meter clearly.

It moves with my curser back and forth but usually settles on the left just as i hit .

why and how do i get rid please .

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 12:13 AM

craigswan:
    Scott you're the a man

FTFY. ; )

Is your graphics card driver up to date?

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sun, Apr 5 2020 1:54 AM

Clipboard history

Here's a handy tip for Windows 10 users, clipboard history.

If you don't know about it already you can turn it on with the shortcut, Windows Key + v.

If it isn't already switched on you will see this...

...just click 'turn on' to activate it.

That may give you this pop-up...

...which you can close.

Now you can copy lots of different things without losing the last thing you copied. So when you want to paste what you copied, hit the Windows key + v shortcut again, and you'll get your clipboard history...

...just click on any of the items in the history to paste that item. In the top right corner of each item is a menu which gives you the options to...

• Delete
    • Pin (keeps the item on the clipboard when you turn off your PC)
    • Clear all

Thanks to Leila Gharani for this tip.

Thank you.

EDIT : I think the maximum number of copies you can do, before they start falling off the bottom of the clipboard, is 25.

RSS