Forums

Help › Forums

Shockwave Flash

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:46 AM (21 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:53 AM

srware_iron is not compatible with Windows 7 folks. But it is a great browser for a lot of players using XP or Vista OS.

• TbagBrown
    390 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 8:44 AM

You and I must be twins, Saja. EXACTLY the same. 

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:28 AM

Richard4168:

srware_iron is not compatible with Windows 7 folks. But it is a great browser for a lot of players using XP or Vista OS.

Yes it does work with 7.  Making this post in it right now.  Was just in a game also, so it works there too.  I do see some problems with it tho.  Don't have it loaded on the other machine, which has XP Pro, so don't know if the same things happen there.

You can't seem to turn the pop up blocker off, every page is basically a pop up.  It shows what was blocked on the right side of address bar at top.  Example, from client page, you can't get to forum, it says it was blocked, even tho I have told it to allow all from WGT, it still blocks it.  But shows the link to the forum, you click on that and I am here.  It did seem to load pages quicker in single player.  Just started testing it this morning, so really don't have much of a track record.

Don't really like the page layout that it has.  The only time you have forward/back buttons in within the main page.  You either use the mouse back and forward or pages within the forum to move around.

Don't know why you are getting that you need to download flash, never had a problem with that during the install or going to WGT the first time.  I downloaded and installed thru Firefox, never gave me the option to download flash.  If I check my flash version right now, it says version 10.0.42.34.  That is my version in explorer, firefox and iron.  Because of the auto update with chrome, it is running 10.1.  Which also seems to run fine on this computer.

Gary

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:32 AM

Chrome must have added Windows 7 then. Not a few months ago iron froze-up on me, and wouldn't download properly.

I may give it another go again just for the heck of it.

• garyk49
    2,314 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:44 AM

Finding out that it depends on how you accessed the pages as to where it will let you go within Wgt and not being blocked as popups.  Just moved around thru just about every page and was working just fine, and had the forward/back buttons on all of them.  Maybe it still needed to make some changes that I wasn't seeing happening.  Did notice at first when I still had the main open in the background, when trying to get to forum from client it wouldn't, it was changing the main to the forum page.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:57 AM

Not to worry Derek-we'll get there. For starters I get the Dummy Award for that link. I edited the post with a good link to the download. Also, you need to make sure cookies and pop ups are allowed. Click the wrench in the upper right corner and go to Options/Underthe Hood/Content settings. You will see the choices there.

@gary-That's the no frills part. Mine doesn't let me navigate away from the game page but that's just because I haven't added any of that capability to the browser in the form of addons. I only play golf on it and use Chrome and Firefox for everything else.

• AntonioBunkeras
    262 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 11:27 AM

Hi guys,

I've just installed the iron bowser from Jim's link and played a few shots on it. I must say, I immediately sensed an improvement in meter smoothness (no major stuttering I used to get with firefox) and the animations/transitions seem to be better overall. Also download times seem to have improved somewhat. Having said that, it's too early to make a final assessment, so I shall play the game on this browser during the next few days and see how it goes.

Btw, I'm running XP Pro.

Thanks Jim!

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Wed, Oct 6 2010 4:05 AM

you and me twins,,,,lol maybe our computers where born by the same mother(board).

anyway s I do have windows xp and still same thing happens tried it 2wice don't work, back to the google chrome i suppose,,,,,,

im using windows XP that's probably why

• TbagBrown
    390 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 2:27 AM

Hi Jim

Tried all of your suggestions, thanks very much for trying to help, but still no good. Guess I'll just have to put up with the crashes! As a final thought, what if I uninstalled Flashplayer first and then downloaded the iron software? Then, when iron software installed, re-install Flashplayer. Would that make a difference?

Saja, forget the twin suggestion. I've just seen your photo and you're much too young to be my twin. Son, maybe, but certainly not twin!! Lol.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 7 2010 5:16 AM

Tbag-Before you try that check to see your Flash versions. You should have 2 different ones-1 for Iron and 1 for all the rest. Right click in the Play Now box and go down to the last choice, "About Adobe.." Your version should be 10,1,85,3. (Since you said you installed 11.1 then the version # would reflect that. )  Now do the same in the Iron browser (right click in any window) and you should see version 10,0,45,2. This is the older Flash version that comes with Iron.

If you see these versions I would think your crashes are from something else. If you don't then go to this article written by WGTNiv. It details how to get your Flash version right since Flash needs to be uninstalled and reinstalled in a particular way. You need to use Flash's uninstaller.

Do not despair! Sometimes you get off on a path into LA-LA-Land and are miles away from what started the problem and the best course of action comes from going back to square one. In your OP you mentioned having problems with a previous version of Flash but you didn't specify them. What sort of problems were you having?

RSS