Help › Forums

Shockwave Flash

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 7 2010 7:46 AM (21 replies)
  • TbagBrown
    390 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 4:43 AM

HELP!!

I had problems with previous versions of Shockwave Flash and uninstalled it, then installed version 11.5. THAT keeps crashing as well! Using Google Chrome, if that's any help. Has anybody got any ideas, please? It's getting very frustrating and I can't play my first shot on Ready Go tournament.

Thanks guys.

Derek

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 12:05 PM

Try the IRON browser. It's a no frills Chrome browser that uses the earlier version of Flash. I use it exclusively for WGT games and it works like a charm. GL

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron_download.php

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:14 PM

jim how does this browser work alongside meter stutters ?

mike

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:16 PM

What O/S do you use Jim because i have tried that on windows 7 and it was ok but ,,about the same as Fox.I now have XP as a dual boot, and wondered what you are on,

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 1:23 PM

Vista 64 bit, Priestess. The game client is the only thing I use it for with no addons installed or anything else.

@mike-I've never had unusual meter problems beyond what everybody typically has but the load times are nice and quick and the game moves along fairly well. The meter doesn't perform any differently for me.

I like the browser because the Flash version isn't automatically updated like in Chrome and that particular version of Flash in the Iron browser is older and works well.

• TbagBrown
    390 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:16 AM

Hi Jim

That's all gobbledy *** to me! I'm a total divvie when it comes to computers. I like to be able to turn on, log on, and play! If I can't, I just get annoyed with the thing. If I download this IRON thing (bear in mind that I'm in the UK), will it interfere with anything else? Do I need to uninstall Shockwave, or can I separate iron just to work with WGT? If so, how do I do it?

Told you I was a divvie!!

Thanks for your help

Derek

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 4:51 AM

LOL, not a problem, Derek. It is very simple and won't take you 2 minutes to get set up.

Download the browser and just say yes to the install. The rest of it takes care of itself and when you have the browser open just paste this address into it.....

http://www.wgt.com/gameclient.aspx

That is the address of the game client (what you get when you click "Play Now") and you're off! Now every time you open the browser you will be at the last place you were when you closed it and that should be the game. 

When you want to play just open the browser, don't click the Play Now button from the WGT site. This way, when the game starts for you, you can close any other browsers you have open and it won't affect your Log In.

To recap for you......

• Install Iron
    • Copy and paste the address above into the browser address bar (right click on the address and chose Copy. Click on the Iron address bar, right click  and Paste.)
    • Close any other browsers you have open
    • Play away!  :-)

Hope this helps and if it's still a little fuzzy friend me up and we'll get it right. GL

• TbagBrown
    390 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 6:24 AM

Jim, you're a gentleman and a scholar! Thank you very much for your help. I'll give it a go.

Thanks again

Derek

• TbagBrown
    390 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:30 AM

Hi Jim

I've followed your instructions and got the shortcut on my desktop. When I click into it, it tries to load and ends up with a blank page, except for a little box saying "Get Adobe Flash Player." 

Told you I was a divvie. I could end up being your worst nightmare!

Thanks

Derek

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Tue, Oct 5 2010 7:42 AM

I did exactly the same and ended up with a blank screen saying download adobe flash player. So i went clicked on the link and got the message from Adobe saying "google chrome has the latest version already...lol Im his 2nd biggest nightmare,,,lol

RSS